Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229588 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Sure it is, but why would you need stone? You get rocks and use them for the same purpose. If you mean ore finding, I would want to tie it to rock gathering, not "spawning" of stones. Because this way you at least have to look for rocks.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile

What I mean is using the "Create"screen to put mining in adventure mode (not that I know or even think that it could be possible),and also that seems to be the only way you can get gems and/ore (pun intended) ore  without starting a fortress and starting with suplies or mining them.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

You could pick up rocks and "inspect" them to find ore and gems.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That sounds good,maybe i'll learn how to mod and just add mining in on my DF file.

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Holy #&*(, sieged by 20 trolls, 30 gobos (led by demon). Right after the wesman siege. I've locked the trolls and gobos in. Lost all my military except my legendaries (most will eventually recover from healthcare, but over half in casualties). There's also kobold ambushes in my base and I see illithid toxins outside (bug?) which means illithid ambushes also waiting. My legendary swordsdwarf has 90 notable kills, my speardwarf has only 40. This has made me reconsider my traps since I have very few and they literally got clogged with the first 5 trolls. FPS is down to about 10-15 due to all the ambushes and sieges waiting outside which I'll eventually have to deal with. First time I actually almost lost a fort, because some trolls and gobos ran past my soldiers and started doing crazy shit in my base. Keep up the good work!

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just have a question:is it possible to use "gather plants" to gather plants that you find and can see?like gather strawberries from a strawberry you found.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile

Holy #&*(, sieged by 20 trolls, 30 gobos (led by demon). Right after the wesman siege. I've locked the trolls and gobos in. Lost all my military except my legendaries (most will eventually recover from healthcare, but over half in casualties). There's also kobold ambushes in my base and I see illithid toxins outside (bug?) which means illithid ambushes also waiting. My legendary swordsdwarf has 90 notable kills, my speardwarf has only 40. This has made me reconsider my traps since I have very few and they literally got clogged with the first 5 trolls. FPS is down to about 10-15 due to all the ambushes and sieges waiting outside which I'll eventually have to deal with. First time I actually almost lost a fort, because some trolls and gobos ran past my soldiers and started doing crazy shit in my base. Keep up the good work!

This sounds good, and while we are it.... a question for Deon: Is it possible to make changes to the siege system? Like is there a way to change the minimum number of siegers after you reach a certain amount of wealth & pop? It would be cool to have some epic sieges [100+ units].

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This sounds good, and while we are it.... a question for Deon: Is it possible to make changes to the siege system? Like is there a way to change the minimum number of siegers after you reach a certain amount of wealth & pop? It would be cool to have some epic sieges [100+ units].

I recon I got attacked by 100+ units at once. The skeletal elks have uncovered 4 snakemen ambushes. I estimate the illithid ambushes outside are around 4 too and there's still the wesman. My military has been virtually destroyed however so I'm just locking up until I can get more traps set up and try to end it all. I've found surgery does work if you remove all the tables so that is a relief. However I see almost all my stone dwarf unit (the ones left anyway, which is 3 out of 10) are infected so that doesn't bode too. And I haven't even breached cavern 1 extensively and there's a really nasty forgotten beast there. Too much fun!

EDIT: The illithids are creating a giant pool of illithid toxin while waiting for me to open the base up...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 07:00:32 am by bobbens »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

They just drool in anticipation :P.

I just have a question:is it possible to use "gather plants" to gather plants that you find and can see?like gather strawberries from a strawberry you found.
Do you mean the bushes? No, you cannot interact with them through DF engine. That's why there's such reaction in the first place.

The amount of siegers depends on your wealth, the amount of their units you killed and some other factors. I think it's not moddable.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile

Ah damn, I thought that it's moddable already. Thanks for the info Deon!

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

I think I'll make a Finnish language file for DF, to add more polish to Genesis mod. I estimate it'll take 1000 minutes, about 20 work sessions.
Edit: revised estimate, 400-550 min.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 12:28:36 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt

Any other mods compatible with Genesis Mod beside the Critters one which I got ? :D

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just realised something,seagulls have 2 right legs.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I think I'll make a Finnish language file for DF, to add more polish to Genesis mod. I estimate it'll take 1000 minutes, about 20 work sessions.
Edit: revised estimate, 400-550 min.

Great!

I just realised something,seagulls have 2 right legs.
What?!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Doing well on the Finnish language file, 65 % completed. The game has 2100 words.
Got to test the language, how the game uses the words. Legends mode is easiest to test with.

Lolz at "cuddle-entertain" (snuggleamused) strange town in legends.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 03:29:14 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 642