Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231463 times)

derigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.73 ϟ] - psychiatrists!
« Reply #1050 on: May 17, 2010, 08:46:46 am »

The last paragraph in their description.

One minor quibble I'd ask of Deon is to start each caste with the name so it's quicker to identify. :P

Some start with the name, others are at the end of the sentence or in the second one. Glancing everywhere to check if they're moss, obsidian, etc. :P

Deon you could use CASTE_PROFESSION_NAME to replace all the profession names in all the castes with 'suchandsuchdwart craftsman', 'suchandsuchdwarf mlller' etc.  It's a pain in ass for you, and a billion extra lines of code overall, but I'm sure people would appreciate being able to tell at a glance what kind of dwarf someone is.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: May 17, 2010, 09:18:53 am »

I'm just gonna regen after removing that tag.
Or you could just remove the syndrome from inorganic_blacklung.txt while leaving the material..
Also yeah, if you use immune creatures, it won't give you anything.

Wow, it looks while I was at Uni, 0.31.04 came out. That's great. I will look what's different today and upload a version, however I think it should be compatible.

Uh, so I downloaded DF_31_04, and the Genesis mod, and was wondering how to extract the genesis mod into DF 04, or if I can't, a prepackaged download. Any help?
It was a couple of pages ago...

Basically you open your DF folder, open the archive, drag and drop two folders from the archive IN your DF folder, and when it prompts you to overwrite files you answer "yes"/"yes to all".

Note that you should generate a new world after you've done it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: May 17, 2010, 09:38:13 am »

Okay I've just checked and it said "text file are identical" with winmerge, so 03 raws are totally compatible with 04. No update is needed :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Lazureus

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfection is Flawed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: May 17, 2010, 11:30:08 am »

Okay I've just checked and it said "text file are identical" with winmerge, so 03 raws are totally compatible with 04. No update is needed :P.

The only problem I have is that 04 crashes when I have your or any graphic set running.. I have to play with the graphic set off, sadly.
Current modding project:Tyranids 2010
Past modding projects:
DF2010: Crematorium
40d: ‼TYRANIDS‼
Quote from: Dark Pegasus
Just when I thought I couldn't despise him any more... He finds a whole new and undiscovered way!!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: May 17, 2010, 11:37:28 am »

Yep, that's 04 error and it will be fixed soon.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: May 17, 2010, 05:34:30 pm »

I wouldn't sweat supporting that yet, Deon. Too much extra work for a more unstable build. :(

One thought though... based on Ironhand's work and the newest release, is it possible to use CASTE_ALTTILE to distinguish castes with graphics, too?

Hmm... it'd work for genders too since you have male and female castes... right? :D

Ivar360

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: May 17, 2010, 06:31:46 pm »

Oh wow this is awesome :)

I just recruited a migrant peasant to be my militia commander when 2 kobolds got trapped in my fort and was rather surprised to see him grab the kobolds by the neck, choke them, and breath fire in their face!
Nearly escaped disaster as a flaming kobold sprinted through the halls... I can't wait to see the engravings about this one.

Thumbs up for this mod

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: May 17, 2010, 08:40:55 pm »

Guys, I am crazy :'(.

I have a week with credits and exams AND I DO NOT SLEEP THE frigging night till 5:30 AM to do this.

I've made a 'pseudo graphical' tileset where no real graphics are used but I replaced some unneeded letters with creature tiles so there're graphics. Well, dogs look like wolves, racoons and foxes, but they are color-coded so it's still fine. Every race has its own tile so it's fine too. And most creatures which look similar have same symbols.

But the craziest thing is that I've used Ironhand set and added a shrub tile to ALL plants. So now you will see them on the ground, instead of simple " as shrubs you will see actual tiles. Aboveground is underground is very colorful now, and you can now see which plants grow near you even while you can't read it (it says "shrub").

Notice all new plants.

As you see, there're color-coded dwarf sprites, a tiny thing next to a wagon (on the right) is a cat and a yellow creature on the wagon is a dog. That's it. It took the whole night to change ironhand's tileset and recode all plants and creatures :P.

I will upload the save soon.

is it possible to use CASTE_ALTTILE to distinguish castes with graphics, too?
Sadly there's no "caste_alttile".
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: May 17, 2010, 08:56:23 pm »

and you can now see which plants grow near you even while you can't read it (it says "shrub").

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
is it possible to use CASTE_ALTTILE to distinguish castes with graphics, too?
Sadly there's no "caste_alttile".

Hmm... I can't present any proof or try to argue really. I noticed on the wiki for DF2010 (link here) for creature tokens is CASTE_TILE and CASTE_ALTTILE. And well, a bunch of CASTE related things. No idea if it's implemented yet or what though. :X

Regards to the plants, can't you identify based on how the sprite is used? Or are they just randomized, regardless of the actual plant (eg. strawberry or whip vine)?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: May 17, 2010, 09:10:55 pm »

Oh man! It works!! Arglblargh!! I am a happy person now :P.

Too bad you cannot do the same with graphics.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: May 17, 2010, 10:21:20 pm »

Holy hell for genesis!

I just got a jade dwarf planter, a LEGENDARY jade dwarf planter. A migrant!

If only it was something slightly more useful :\

also, aspid peasants are red? strange.

alsoalso: do you think it'd be plausible for you to release a version that doesn't rely on the tile set and doesn't change the tiles or colors of preexisting objects? I just prefer to use the default ASCII tileset and was annoyed to find virtually all plants, trees, and stone, gem and metal types tiles changed to an unrecognizable cluttered mess.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

EMERGENT RELEASE
A version which uses font tiles to represent creatures. It doesn't allow to make unique tiles for each creature and it colors professions, but at least it's something. The plus of this version is that all plants and trees got shrub/dead tree/other full graphics which mean that caverns and aboveground are now abundant with pretty plants (which actually show what grows there).

Also dwarven castes have different tiles. Humans/elves have different tiles for males/females.

Soundtrack is included.

>>> DOWNOAD EMERGENT RELEASE <<<

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

alsoalso: do you think it'd be plausible for you to release a version that doesn't rely on the tile set and doesn't change the tiles or colors of preexisting objects? I just prefer to use the default ASCII tileset and was annoyed to find virtually all plants, trees, and stone, gem and metal types tiles changed to an unrecognizable cluttered mess.

Check the "older downloads", "ASCII version". It has nothing different from the emergent release but it has no graphics.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile

Strange thing, i'm playing with females only and receiving only female immigrants.
Not a one male have been seen in the game. Maybe a local bug don't know.
Finis sanctificat media.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Interesting... Amazon fortress you say?

Are all your animals female too?  :o
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 642