Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mining skill up...really?  (Read 3151 times)

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mining skill up...really?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 12:13:13 pm »

Has anyone tried going at a bronze colossus with a skilled, armored miner and a pick yet?

That's a little frightening considering the game (at least for me) has yet to leave the Age of Myth

Yea, I have YET to generate a world that stops when 80% of Megabeasts are dead, it always ends at 1050 (default ending year). Going through the legends of a Bronze Colossus who has survived since year one, it has over 10,000 kills and is still alive. YIKES

Only to be trapped in a low-quality wooden cage made by a dabbling carpenter. He is then melted down in a magma chamber. What a way to end.

On another note, is it possible to assign picks to military dwarves?

Darkseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 12:18:44 pm »

Not sure i just assigned him individual weapon his choice and thats what he grabbed

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2010, 12:37:06 pm »

I played with dragons in Arena today

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2010, 01:50:33 pm »

Has anyone tried going at a bronze colossus with a skilled, armored miner and a pick yet?

That's a little frightening considering the game (at least for me) has yet to leave the Age of Myth

Yea, I have YET to generate a world that stops when 80% of Megabeasts are dead, it always ends at 1050 (default ending year). Going through the legends of a Bronze Colossus who has survived since year one, it has over 10,000 kills and is still alive. YIKES

Only to be trapped in a low-quality wooden cage made by a dabbling carpenter. He is then melted down in a magma chamber. What a way to end.

On another note, is it possible to assign picks to military dwarves?
Yes, it is. From military menu and weapon selection, choose "Specific weapon" (or close to that) and it should list picks if there is any that has not yet been equipped by someone.
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010, 01:57:11 pm »

Yes, it is. From military menu and weapon selection, choose "Specific weapon" (or close to that) and it should list picks if there is any that has not yet been equipped by someone.
Hmmm, actually, now i know how to make proper military in this version. Beware of my Legions of Diggers! Training them is much easier than proper military

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2010, 02:07:51 pm »

I played with dragons in Arena today

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's strange. I've found dragons to be a bit weak, at least in adventurer mode. Killed two pretty old ones without taking a scratch.

Of course, the elf kids I used to draw fire probably helped. They were massacred.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 [2]