Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: The 31.02 Mayday Port  (Read 10694 times)

GutsyTurtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The 31.01 Mayday Port
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 02:20:50 pm »

I figured this was the problem. Is there a way to set a 'zoomed in' view in the init file? Every resolution I pick gives me the same screen spacing/size. Running the ASCII version works just fine in terms of 'zoom'.

I think what you want to mess with are the Grid setting in the init.txt file. 

For your resolution of 1024x600 you'd want a grid setting of [Grid:65:37].  I do believe that should fix that issue.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 02:30:29 pm »

isn't there a minimum grid setting of 80:25 or so?
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

GutsyTurtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2010, 02:40:09 pm »

isn't there a minimum grid setting of 80:25 or so?

Just tested it out.  Seemed to work fine.  Unless I did something wrong.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 02:42:55 pm by GutsyTurtle »

Cr9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2010, 03:36:22 pm »

zooming with the mouse wheel is a feature of the 40d# releases. 31.01 is based off of the 40d release, and does not have this feature. The merge will happen soon though, just be patient.

I figured this was the problem. Is there a way to set a 'zoomed in' view in the init file? Every resolution I pick gives me the same screen spacing/size. Running the ASCII version works just fine in terms of 'zoom'.
There is some zooming, but it's tricky to use. The standard graphical engine that DF uses doesn't feature much, zooming included, though you can use the GRID:X:Y to sort of do a cheap zoom, but it only works well multiplied by or divided by powers of two (so if you normally used GRID:80:50, you could use GRID:40:25 or GRID:160:100 or GRID:320:200 fairly well). It is not perfect but it's okay.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2010, 03:54:16 pm »

the the doctor icon is a... tiny... purple skeleton?
[DOCTOR:DORFS:7:2:AS_IS:DEFAULT]

theres atleast 5 different medical dwarf titles.

Just inserted this line [DOCTOR:DORFS:7:2:AS_IS:DEFAULT ] under [SURGEON:DORFS:9:2:AS_IS:DEFAULT ] in my graphics_mayday and graphics_example text files (both in the raw folder and in the save's raw folder) and it fixed the little purple skeleton doctor problem. Thought I'd re-quote it in case someone else missed it earlier.

It seems that there are five doctor skills, and only four of them are defined with sprites in the current version that is available for download. I imagine that if the doctor you started with had a top skill that gave him a profession besides "Doctor", he wouldn't have been a skeleton. Since it was "Doctor," and the job wasn't defined in the graphics file, it defaulted to the purple skellington.

Kalrirr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2010, 04:15:11 pm »

the the doctor icon is a... tiny... purple skeleton?
[DOCTOR:DORFS:7:2:AS_IS:DEFAULT]

theres atleast 5 different medical dwarf titles.

Just inserted this line [DOCTOR:DORFS:7:2:AS_IS:DEFAULT ] under [SURGEON:DORFS:9:2:AS_IS:DEFAULT ] in my graphics_mayday and graphics_example text files (both in the raw folder and in the save's raw folder) and it fixed the little purple skeleton doctor problem. Thought I'd re-quote it in case someone else missed it earlier.

It seems that there are five doctor skills, and only four of them are defined with sprites in the current version that is available for download. I imagine that if the doctor you started with had a top skill that gave him a profession besides "Doctor", he wouldn't have been a skeleton. Since it was "Doctor," and the job wasn't defined in the graphics file, it defaulted to the purple skellington.

Did not work for me :/
Death before dishonour

GutsyTurtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2010, 04:19:08 pm »

Worked for me.  Did you add the line into the raw folder in your save folder?

Data>save>regionx>raw>graphics

Kalrirr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2010, 04:41:12 pm »

Worked for me.  Did you add the line into the raw folder in your save folder?

Data>save>regionx>raw>graphics

Yes, in the save > reg > raw > graphics I put    [DOCTOR:DORFS:7:2:AS_IS:DEFAULT ]  under [DYER   because the other ones aren't there, is that normal?
Death before dishonour

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2010, 04:47:19 pm »

I think they all need to be there for you to have your doctor appear as a dwarf and not as a purple skeleton. Much like every job has a specific title, each of the five doctor skills has a title that the graphics file recognizes. If none of the other ones are there, and your doctor has a different dominant skill (i.e. surgeon or bone setter), then the graphics won't know which sprite to assign him and he'll be a skeleton. So go and put the other ones in as well and that should fix it (I think...)

Kalrirr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2010, 04:48:46 pm »

I think they all need to be there for you to have your doctor appear as a dwarf and not as a purple skeleton. Much like every job has a specific title, each of the five doctor skills has a title that the graphics file recognizes. If none of the other ones are there, and your doctor has a different dominant skill (i.e. surgeon or bone setter), then the graphics won't know which sprite to assign him and he'll be a skeleton. So go and put the other ones in as well and that should fix it (I think...)

Did that and now the doctor is just a black square.
Death before dishonour

GutsyTurtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2010, 04:52:19 pm »

Do you have the proper image (.bmp file) for it?  Only thing comes to mind is that it's pulling a blank image thing to display. 

Kalrirr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2010, 04:56:19 pm »

Do you have the proper image (.bmp file) for it?  Only thing comes to mind is that it's pulling a blank image thing to display. 

Yes I can see a dorfsMAYDAY.bmp in raw\graphics\mayday  that has the little doctors there
Death before dishonour

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2010, 05:03:39 pm »

Did you also double check in the save files raw folder? It'd probably be under region 1. Also, typo, possibly? Just throwing some thoughts out.

Kalrirr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2010, 05:08:53 pm »

Did you also double check in the save files raw folder? It'd probably be under region 1. Also, typo, possibly? Just throwing some thoughts out.

Yes!! Thank you! The .bmp in the saves raw folder was not the correct one and did not have the doctor icons. Thanks again everyone. Fixed now.
Death before dishonour

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2010, 05:34:12 pm »

And my other points, about the weird hue on the doors and the like? Marble isn't purple.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5