Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1115482 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #8550 on: February 11, 2011, 09:46:29 pm »

Does anyone know if theres a bug in 31.12 that stops stone blocks from going into bins? I can't seem to get the bastards to stack my olivine blocks properly, i know wooden blocks don't even go into the stockpiles but i didn't kinow there was a problem with specific types of stone...
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8551 on: February 11, 2011, 10:04:52 pm »

I don't know about 31.12 specifically, since I play 31.18, but you probably need to enable metals in your block stockpile. The stone option in the materials has been basically broken to me, and all minerals - including gems - are listed under metals.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8552 on: February 11, 2011, 10:28:58 pm »

Will ordering my dwarves and their many war animals to attack an elven caravan cause a loyalty cascade?
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #8553 on: February 11, 2011, 10:36:33 pm »

Not unless you belong to the elven civilization.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

shmelse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8554 on: February 12, 2011, 12:56:06 am »

Will ordering my dwarves and their many war animals to attack an elven caravan cause a loyalty cascade?
Not unless you belong to the elven civilization.

Ha! You've been found out! A traitor in our midst!!
"Aye, th' fortress o' Barbedgear. They say th'r was a dinin' room dere...o' such splendor tha' it'd reduce ye te tears! Masterful engravings lined th' walls! Th' food was endless!"

"An' th' tables?"

"Oh, those fuckin' TABLES...*weeps gently into beard*"

Mkombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8555 on: February 12, 2011, 04:40:39 am »

Can dwarves fire arrows from different Z Levels (like from a tower)? Example would be a dwarf up on a wall few z levels up firing downward. Can they do this?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 04:53:30 am by Mkombat »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8556 on: February 12, 2011, 04:52:20 am »

I only have olivine enabled and they are putting single olivine blocks into my stockpile, but forgetting to add any bins, i have heaps of spare bins lieing about, and i checkedc the stockpile options and it says max bins 6 =/

Edit:  after making a new stockpile and enabling every type of block it's putting in bins now....
*shrug*
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 06:38:57 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

shmelse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8557 on: February 12, 2011, 04:58:32 am »

Can dwarves fire arrows from different Z Levels (like from a tower)? Example would be a dwarf up on a wall few z levels up firing downward. Can they do this?
Yes, although each z level counts as one unit of travel, so the arrows will travel less far horizontally under the circumstances you describe.
"Aye, th' fortress o' Barbedgear. They say th'r was a dinin' room dere...o' such splendor tha' it'd reduce ye te tears! Masterful engravings lined th' walls! Th' food was endless!"

"An' th' tables?"

"Oh, those fuckin' TABLES...*weeps gently into beard*"

Mkombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8558 on: February 12, 2011, 05:17:58 am »

Thank you much. I figured that you would be able to, yet a friend and I weren't sure.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #8559 on: February 12, 2011, 07:53:51 am »

Thank you much. I figured that you would be able to, yet a friend and I weren't sure.
don't forget to add fortifications to protect your archers (partially) from enemy fire.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

blizzerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8560 on: February 12, 2011, 09:52:41 am »

embark menu told me there is a creek + a vulcano in the area i embarked in

on settling, i realise there is no creek, but there is a vulcano

happened to me 2 times in a row (i want to try out stuff with a volcano and easy water access)

is this a bug of some sorts or where is the creek?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #8561 on: February 12, 2011, 10:02:04 am »

bug.
do you at least have murky pools?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8562 on: February 12, 2011, 10:12:15 am »

I only have olivine enabled and they are putting single olivine blocks into my stockpile, but forgetting to add any bins, i have heaps of spare bins lieing about, and i checkedc the stockpile options and it says max bins 6 =/

Edit:  after making a new stockpile and enabling every type of block it's putting in bins now....
*shrug*

Most likely had wood (the material the bins are made out of) disabled. They wanted to bring bins in, but you didn't have any made out of olivine....

embark menu told me there is a creek + a volcano in the area i embarked in <snip>

Ok... Silly question time: Did you select part of the brook in your embark square, or did it just say there was on the side of the screen?

The side of the screen only tells you what's in the whole 16x16 area, not specifically what's in your little 4x4 square.
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

blizzerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8563 on: February 12, 2011, 11:20:55 am »

bug.
do you at least have murky pools?

ya some

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8564 on: February 12, 2011, 11:25:07 am »

*shrug*

Most likely had wood (the material the bins are made out of) disabled. They wanted to bring bins in, but you didn't have any made out of olivine....
*facepalm*
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 1178