Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1115496 times)

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #8520 on: February 11, 2011, 07:32:39 am »

Or hypocritical!

Sociopathic, psychopathic, bipolar, and short, well, alright...but NOT hypocritical!
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8521 on: February 11, 2011, 07:34:41 am »

Alternatively, release it into the wild.

Do the right thing. Dwarves don't keep slaves, so why would they sell one to the humans, or worse, those damn dirty tree-fondling hippies?

Hint: "wild" = "open air at top of 10-level tower"
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8522 on: February 11, 2011, 07:38:08 am »

Well, technically, yeah. It will be in the wild...for ten more seconds.

Then it will be all over the wild. And the tower.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #8523 on: February 11, 2011, 08:34:54 am »

Do magma pipes / underground rivers still exist?

Because 40D used to have them I believe, but I don't know if 2010 does. It'd be nice to have a source of magma other than volcanoes / having to pump it up ALLLLLL the way from the magma sea.
Magma rivers haven't existed since the days of 2D.

Magma pipes sort of exist - sometimes you see a vertical extension of the magma sea that breaches the lowermost cavern level.  The closest thing to the old 40d magma pipes are volcanoes, which can reach all the way to the surface.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Cell aka Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8524 on: February 11, 2011, 09:17:54 am »

A dwarven diplomat arrived just as my beloved mayor had an unfortunate accident at the drowning chamber. He left unhappy. I looked at the diplomat article, but it says nothing at all about the consequences of an unhappy diplomat. Am I in trouble?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8525 on: February 11, 2011, 09:29:26 am »

No. That message is to inform you that there i sno trade agreement because the meeting with your leader failed.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8526 on: February 11, 2011, 11:01:39 am »

So there's no tag that will make animals eat what they kill? I thought there was.
There is an ethics tag for that, but as far as I know it only effects worldgen.

Dialock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8527 on: February 11, 2011, 02:36:41 pm »

Once my fortress reaches monatainhome status, when I abandon it, will it be counted as being part of it's original civ's land or will it count as another failure?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #8528 on: February 11, 2011, 02:40:53 pm »

copy your save first ;)
it should work as part of your civ.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8529 on: February 11, 2011, 03:11:04 pm »

There's a dog corpse in my caves (it dodged out of the way of a forgotten beast while on a high-up stairwell next to open space - the forgotten beast went right after it, for some reason, so, splatter!). This dog used to be somebody's pet, so my dwarves, of course, want to bury it. Actually, when I say "corpse"  I mean "dusty skeleton" because for SOME REASON they will NOT pick it up. It's not forbidden, there's clear access to it, and I'm getting continuous cancellation messages for putting it away.

Does anyone know what the hell is up?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8530 on: February 11, 2011, 03:17:28 pm »

Burrow?
Area inaccessable?
What does the cancel message say?

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8531 on: February 11, 2011, 03:51:03 pm »

Just "item inacessible". There's a clear path to the corpses, in fact the only passage into the cavern goes right past them. I only have one burrow, and that's the "everyone get into the fortress, and that is THE FORTRESS, not the caves or the overworld" burrow that I use in case of sieges/forgotten beasts/whatever the crap else.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #8532 on: February 11, 2011, 03:52:05 pm »

Just "item inacessible". There's a clear path to the corpses, in fact the only passage into the cavern goes right past them. I only have one burrow, and that's the "everyone get into the fortress, and that is THE FORTRESS, not the caves or the overworld" burrow that I use in case of sieges/forgotten beasts/whatever the crap else.
hmmm.. try building something there, as in a wall. yeah, try building a wall there.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #8533 on: February 11, 2011, 03:52:22 pm »

Once my fortress reaches monatainhome status, when I abandon it, will it be counted as being part of it's original civ's land or will it count as another failure?

People keep claiming that if you abandon your fortress it becomes a Mountainhome but I have yet to see any actual evidence or an uploaded save from anyone who's done this.  This appears to be a myth.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #8534 on: February 11, 2011, 04:28:25 pm »

If I have a steel axe, and no other axe, and assign a woodcutter to be the militia commander with an axe as his weapon, will there be trouble between his uniform and woodcutting?
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 1178