Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1115470 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #8535 on: February 11, 2011, 04:30:34 pm »

Very. Miners, woodcutters, and hunters have special hidden uniforms that conflict with military ones. Mixin them is inadvisable. Just make a wooden axe for your woodcutter to use.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #8536 on: February 11, 2011, 04:38:51 pm »

So even if the woodcutters and militia commanders uniform both used the same axe, they would be conflicting?

I was just trying to find something to make my starter military dwarf, I guess it's herbalist/mechanic FTW.
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8537 on: February 11, 2011, 04:39:45 pm »

Very. (...)

I must say that this, coupled with civilians not equipping new clothes, is probably the worst fucking bug in the current release. It's especially disappointing seeing how uniforming every civilian is already possible, but not if they're supposed to mine, cut lumber or hunt.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8538 on: February 11, 2011, 04:54:46 pm »

So even if the woodcutters and militia commanders uniform both used the same axe, they would be conflicting?

I was just trying to find something to make my starter military dwarf, I guess it's herbalist/mechanic FTW.
It won't tell both uniforms to use the same equipment, and you can't force-assign the same weapon to the woodsman.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Dwarfotaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8539 on: February 11, 2011, 05:14:37 pm »

I have a ghostly macedwarf causing FPS issues and stuttering.

I already have about 10 slabs up and a huge room with 30 coffins in to get rid of previous ghost problems. However, I'm not entirely sure what to do about this guy... I never remember making a macedwarf so I believe he is part of the dwarven caravan (I got attacked by an FB when trading, they left in a huff). The problem is there are free coffins but no sign of the body and also no sign of this name on the engrave slab list (I have looked in it multiple times...)

I've manually checked all over the map, including in water, for his corpse. I even forbid/unforbid 'corpses' in the stock menu. Still he has not been put to rest.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #8540 on: February 11, 2011, 05:16:31 pm »

how do i equip things in adventure mode?

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8541 on: February 11, 2011, 05:21:21 pm »

I have a ghostly macedwarf causing FPS issues and stuttering.

I already have about 10 slabs up and a huge room with 30 coffins in to get rid of previous ghost problems. However, I'm not entirely sure what to do about this guy... I never remember making a macedwarf so I believe he is part of the dwarven caravan (I got attacked by an FB when trading, they left in a huff). The problem is there are free coffins but no sign of the body and also no sign of this name on the engrave slab list (I have looked in it multiple times...)

I've manually checked all over the map, including in water, for his corpse. I even forbid/unforbid 'corpses' in the stock menu. Still he has not been put to rest.

If you think he's a dead caravan guard, check the overworld for his corpse/skeleton. (Are corpses and skeletons listed separately? If so, make sure to unforbid skeletons also) This may be a pain in the ass if there's a lot of elevation on your current map. Is there a combat log detailing his death that's still recent? If so, check that, press z. If he died, this should take you to the location where he died, and you can check if his corpse/skeleton is there.

I'm not sure if dwarves even bury dead merchants, or whether you can make memorials for them, but if you can't find his corpse, you could check his name and see if you can engrave a memorial for him.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Dwarfotaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8542 on: February 11, 2011, 05:34:44 pm »

I know his name and it's not in the memorial list. How do I check the overworld in fortress mode?

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8543 on: February 11, 2011, 05:37:32 pm »

I mean, looking through the tiles that are labelled "outside". You know, the z-level your wagon was on and any z-level with accesible solid ground up from there. That's what I mean by "overworld".
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Dwarfotaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8544 on: February 11, 2011, 05:42:24 pm »

Oh right. I already checked all that :(

The event happened two years ago as well so the log is clear of it.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8545 on: February 11, 2011, 05:43:03 pm »

I have never been able to use the "Butcher A Dead Animal" command at a Butcher Shop properly. When I have a corpse around, nobody will butcher it. Does it need to be on a corpse stockpile or a refuse stockpile? Does it need to be right next to the butcher shop? And is there an easy way to determine if a creature is or isn't butcherable? I recently offed a giantess, but couldn't cut her up into delicious giant steaks.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #8546 on: February 11, 2011, 05:46:25 pm »

The corpse needs to be in a refuse stockpile near your butcher's shop.  It also needs to be not a corpse of a tame animal that belonged to your fortress.  It needs to not be rotten.  And it needs to not be forbidden by your civilization's ethics.  Standard dwarven civ ethics forbid butchering sentient creatures, and giants can talk, so they can't be butchered.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #8547 on: February 11, 2011, 05:46:43 pm »

Does anyone know how to play as other species (preferably modded)?

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8548 on: February 11, 2011, 05:57:49 pm »

Does anyone know how to play as other species (preferably modded)?

It's just a matter of edited the tags to make then playable and expand their functionality, then copying the dwarven occupation entries, renaming them and reallocating duties per occupation as you desire, and finally generating a new world. The Entity Tokens entry on the wiki has all the information you will wan to sift through, should you choose to mod them yourself. Alternatively, if you can wait until tonight (about 10 hours) I will upload my mod-progress, which makes humans and elves playable and rather enjoyable, for the most part.

Also, you will need Dwarf Therapist to assign jobs to non-dwarves as far as I know, since the interface in-game appear hardcoded/dysfunctional for them at the moment.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8549 on: February 11, 2011, 06:44:00 pm »

how do i equip things in adventure mode?

Clothes and armor are (w)orn, weapons and shields are automatically equipped when you get them out of your backpack.
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 1178