Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1122777 times)

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #255 on: April 07, 2010, 08:11:12 pm »

This isn;t about DF2010 per se, but how do I post pics on here so people can see them? I know there's some photo site out there but I'm not sure where? I'm sure this has been answered but I can't find the thread anywhere.
You could use tinypic, imageshack, photobucket or any number of other services that are easily found through google.

Nobu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 07, 2010, 10:34:27 pm »

I was wondering... I've been watching my arsenal dwarf, and I've noticed he always brings a barrel with him when he does "Prepare Equipment Manifests." 

Is there a reason he needs a barrel to do it?  Or is he interrupting what he was doing previously and maybe intends to return to, barrel at the ready?

Actually now that I think about it, I've noticed the manager doing this sometimes too.  When I noticed it on the manager, he was carrying a strawberry wine barrel.

kelumhi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 07, 2010, 10:40:53 pm »

how do i attack a creature with a squad?

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 07, 2010, 11:19:54 pm »

how do i attack a creature with a squad?
s - select squad - k - move cursor over creature - enter

Resto

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 08, 2010, 04:04:54 am »

It seems that my fey mood dwarf wants bars of rock. Does that exist and is it possible to make them?

AncientEnemy

• Bay Watcher
  • The Answer is always POUR MAGMA ON IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 08, 2010, 04:09:10 am »

It seems that my fey mood dwarf wants bars of rock. Does that exist and is it possible to make them?

it's an error, he wants metal bars

jayseesee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 08, 2010, 04:32:24 am »

I was wondering... I've been watching my arsenal dwarf, and I've noticed he always brings a barrel with him when he does "Prepare Equipment Manifests." 

Is there a reason he needs a barrel to do it?  Or is he interrupting what he was doing previously and maybe intends to return to, barrel at the ready?

Actually now that I think about it, I've noticed the manager doing this sometimes too.  When I noticed it on the manager, he was carrying a strawberry wine barrel.
These smart little dwarves are so organized at their organizer tasks, that they think to BRING BOOZE WITH THEM so they don't have to hunt it down.  Also, they pee on themselves in that chair so they don't have to move.

Yes, that is made of win.
I'd do that, but I don't think dwarves have words for "fair" or "logical".

NinjaE8825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 08, 2010, 05:56:32 am »

I've seen the barrel-carrying thing, too, with a hammerdwarf. I assumed he just forgot to put it down before starting on his next task (no, he didn't practice with it).

Dragonfang12321

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 08, 2010, 08:34:16 am »

Is there a way to force dwarfs to pick up bolts?   I have an crossbow squad who are almost all hammer dwarfs now because they refuse to pick up bolts and just use their xbows as a bad hammer.

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 08, 2010, 08:43:34 am »

make sure the bolts are not already in the quivers...

if there is no bolt, then check if their other arm is not already equipped (stealing socks from a comrade is possible with dorfs), in this case ask them to fight without weapons (wrestlers) then ask again to be marksdwarves

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 08, 2010, 10:05:17 am »

to everyone finding hunters cant hunt - they need a quiver or they wont carry bolts. as in previous versions, hunters seem to grab wooden or bone bolts (mine did once i gave him a quiver), but you can set them now to accept metal ones.

its been posted twice in this thread so far. confused me a whole lot as well, in the old version a dwarf would carry a stack of bolts in his/her hand, and failing that would run out and bash elks and deer to death with the empty crossbow.

this thread lists a bug that also stops hunters from hunting, although im yet to encounter it -
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=53156.0

Did the work around.

Urist McStupid is still refusing to hunt.....

Has a quiver, but dumped half his armor, and all of his bolts at the very start.
Went in and assigned all the ammunition, etc, with a manager and all that jazz.
Disabled the labor..waited..re-enabled..waited...waited..checked over the "work around"...Nothing.  Still just sitting there, eating up my booze and food.

Edit: Urist McStupid has finally decided to hunt.  I had to create an ammo stockpile
 for them to go grab the thing out of, for some strange reason.

Second Edit: Urist has been struck by the stupidz, again.  Once they ran out of ammunition (steel bolts) they quit hunting (despite having 50 wooden bolts laying there for the taking, and ammunition use set on ANY material, in the manager)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 10:34:11 am by Treason »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 08, 2010, 11:13:35 am »

as for the barrel thing, i set a military dwarf to use any melee weapon, and he grabbed a barrel of serwer brew.

EDIT: and just killed a goblin with said barrel, there is goblin blood on the barrel now..
Nom nom nom

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 08, 2010, 11:32:23 am »

the Mayday tile set doesn't work with the new patch. The tile set is in the graphics folder, but some reason the game is not using it. Anyone got any idea what I might be missing?
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 08, 2010, 11:48:02 am »

set [GRAPHICS:YES]  ? in the inti file,
Nom nom nom

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 08, 2010, 11:51:03 am »

And changed the init to point the Mayday file?
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 1178