Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1093090 times)

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #11625 on: May 18, 2011, 08:38:39 am »

how can civilians be assigned specific clothing and or armor and still go about their regular jobs most of the time? will they simply drop or stockpile armors when doing their civilian job? any mods to allow civilians to go around armored but not neccessarily armed?

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11626 on: May 18, 2011, 08:41:46 am »

how can civilians be assigned specific clothing and or armor and still go about their regular jobs most of the time? will they simply drop or stockpile armors when doing their civilian job? any mods to allow civilians to go around armored but not neccessarily armed?
assign them armor but not weapons?
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11627 on: May 18, 2011, 08:44:23 am »

It's only an issue for woodcutters, miners and hunters.  Every other civilian is fine -- just put 'em in a squad with a uniform that only includes armor.

I have no idea how to clothe a woodcutter, miner or hunter.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11628 on: May 18, 2011, 08:52:56 am »

Assigned trained animals are considered as pets.

I've seen some pets end up in the refuse pile when the owner is dead.
Yes, that's why I thought the dog would go in a pet only coffin. :-/ Owner is still alive, too.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11629 on: May 18, 2011, 08:58:39 am »

It's only an issue for woodcutters, miners and hunters.  Every other civilian is fine -- just put 'em in a squad with a uniform that only includes armor.

you mean you can have civilians with armor (and weapons??) in a squad, while still being civilians? That would be awesome... How to do that?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11630 on: May 18, 2011, 09:20:22 am »

just create a squad and don't activate them.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Mechatronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11631 on: May 18, 2011, 09:31:40 am »

Squads are set to wear uniforms when inactive as default. You can change this though, by going to the military screen, schedules then toggling u.

evileeyore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11632 on: May 18, 2011, 10:24:23 am »

Those three already have a Uniform, it's just hidden and unalterable.  So it creates conflicts if you try to give them one.  You can make them military, but you have to unassign them from thier labors, then turn them into a squad.

I do this when I've enough extra miners or woodcutters that I can take a year and give them some skills, so even though they aren't armored, they can have Wrestling and Dodging (and Woodcutters have Axe) and so if they get emergency drafted they have some Armor and Shield skills.

Actually I usually end up with time to have them train towards the end of year two into year three, when I'm pretty much done with mining (for now) and have tons of wood stacked up.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11633 on: May 18, 2011, 12:04:56 pm »

Are there any Threrapist/DFHack style apps that let me properly assign inventory to the millitary? I've got 5 Candy-ite suits of armour but i can't get all my leaders to don all the right bits, and using specific-item is a pain in the ass becasue it doesnt show what is currently being worn / assigned.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #11634 on: May 18, 2011, 12:32:56 pm »

Are there any Threrapist/DFHack style apps that let me properly assign inventory to the millitary? I've got 5 Candy-ite suits of armour but i can't get all my leaders to don all the right bits, and using specific-item is a pain in the ass becasue it doesnt show what is currently being worn / assigned.
m,e,P shows what they currently wear. Seems best gear goes to first #1 dorf in squad and #10 gets last pick.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11635 on: May 18, 2011, 12:38:03 pm »

m,e,P shows what they currently wear. Seems best gear goes to first #1 dorf in squad and #10 gets last pick.

Ive noticed that once a lower ranking dork has equipment, its not always re-assigned i.e: Urilst McGeneral has a Uniform of Candy assigned to him, Urist McPrivate has a metal uniform. Because Candy is metal the Private can grab it, but wont swap it in favour of giving the more specific item to the General.

I know i can manually create a Copper/Iron/Steel uniform instead of using generic metal but i was wondering if there was a utility for helping assigning equipment, including specifc weapons etc etc.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11636 on: May 18, 2011, 12:44:40 pm »

Hmm, it seems as if a Doctor grabbed TWO wounded when he recovered wounded. He tossed them both on the same bed, which means only one of them can rest. The other one however can't walk away to another bed and he's becoming drowsy. What is a Dorf to do?
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #11637 on: May 18, 2011, 12:53:33 pm »

Hmm, it seems as if a Doctor grabbed TWO wounded when he recovered wounded. He tossed them both on the same bed, which means only one of them can rest. The other one however can't walk away to another bed and he's becoming drowsy. What is a Dorf to do?

remove bed. re apply bed.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11638 on: May 18, 2011, 01:00:29 pm »

I'll try, thanks. :) My MCom has no treatments scheduled though, so I assume he'll be about his business once he's awake.

Zaphod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11639 on: May 18, 2011, 01:43:04 pm »

Im having a problem getting my dorfs to farm. I have 2 plots set up (one outside and one underground). They are running low on food but yet refuse to farm. I've made sure that several dwarfs have the correct job. I even have a 2 dwarfs with farmer as their job title. I have plenty of seeds and fertilized fields. I've irrigated them and all. Still no farming...

This has happened to me before and some times results in the death of a fort. If I can hold out till the end of this year my liaison should be bringing some food.
Is there any way to possibly increase the job priority of farming?

Edit: I changed what needs to be planted this season and they started working on one plot. But am I going to need to do this every season?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 01:52:19 pm by Zaphod »
I only play legends mode

I also play on the longest history setting for hard mode.
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 1178