Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: DF 2010 Graphic Sets  (Read 41176 times)

Grif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2010 Graphic Sets
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2010, 08:13:29 am »

I still have the same problem, regardless of what pack I use: on start I get an error message ("Mode Switch Failed. Running in Windowed Mode") and the game runs in windowed mode with lots of screen cut from the top.

Mortesphere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2010, 08:15:26 am »

A thing I liked about the original Mayday tileset is that you could maximize the window, instead of just using fullscreen. How can I get this to work with 2010?

Grif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2010, 08:21:35 am »

Also, it seems another problem occurs even in vanilla 2010: if I alt+tab out of the game whe nI return the image is zoomed on the upper left corner... bizarre.

Cr9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2010, 08:23:58 am »

I still have the same problem, regardless of what pack I use: on start I get an error message ("Mode Switch Failed. Running in Windowed Mode") and the game runs in windowed mode with lots of screen cut from the top.
A thing I liked about the original Mayday tileset is that you could maximize the window, instead of just using fullscreen. How can I get this to work with 2010?

I'm not entirely sure about Grif's problem (though I've answered a dozen or so emails like it, it seems to be a trend) but both of you are likely going to be waiting for the #x branch merge which added lots of optimizations, fixes, and new features in the graphical interface department. It shouldn't take too long for that to come out.

In the meantime, did you try updating your graphics card drivers, Grif? It's unlikely to work, but what the hell.

eviscerator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2010, 08:46:00 am »

That worked.  I'd downloaded Hexboltetc file, generated a world, and started playing.  Was missing a few capital letters, and a few other random tiles.  You're right, reloading worked.

Undefined

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2010, 12:50:43 pm »

This seems to work fine with the workaround of generating then closing and restarting. The only issue I have (aside from the obvious new stuff not being accounted for) is this new transparant tile melarkey, it's giving me eye strain. Is there any way of turning that off and having tiles appear as they did previously? Or is this something that I'll just have to wait for?

It's quite amazing how much I've come to rely on Mayday's graphics.. I played without it for years and only installed it a month or so back, but it's been so comfortable to play with it feels strange not to.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2010, 01:12:37 pm »

Here's my graphic set (Phoebus). It has a custom tileset with a mineral chart, nice walls and alot more; it requires updated raws. The package also includes graphic tiles for most units in the game.

Graphic Set only, manual installation required :
http://solidfiles.com/d/0CZd

Full Package preinstalled w/ DFv0.31.01 :
http://solidfiles.com/d/luR5

Thanks, and good initiative. :)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2010, 01:21:19 pm »

Any screenshots, Phoebus?  You're much more likely to get downloads that way.

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2010, 03:45:39 pm »

Did anyone manage to get graphics for the new professions working? I've managed with a Doctor (I chose "Play now!"), but no matter what I do, I can't find the proper tag. I tried DOCTOR, CHIEF_MECIAL_DWARF, SURGEON, DIAGNOSER, SUTURER, BONE_SETTER, but nothing works.
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2010, 04:49:57 pm »

Any screenshots, Phoebus?  You're much more likely to get downloads that way.
I've added 6 screenshot to my Graphic Set thread. I won't link them here because they are rather large.

Sepis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2010, 07:00:44 pm »

I've been gone for some time, so pardon my asking this if it sounds silly, but are there any current graphic sets that are using Beefmo's sprites, or perhaps even better, that have taken what he finished and extended it further?  His set was probably my favorite, and I haven't seen anything in the first few pages that really strike my fancy.

Cr9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2010, 12:32:30 am »

The Mayday port now has doctor icons, so if anyone wants to use those as examples, feel free. As usual it's at http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Tileset

Thanks to Mårten W for the icons!

arrowplain

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2010, 03:47:36 am »

If the mayday set has doctors now, why is my doctor a horrifying little skeleton? I even saw the doctor in the art folder, but it's still spawning a terrible little monster.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2010, 05:22:37 am »

I had this too, DF has problems with some resolutions I think.

Here:
Code: [Select]
[GRAPHICS:YES]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDX:1280]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDY:800]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:mayday.bmp]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX:1680]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY:1050]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:mayday.bmp]
[GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:YES]

This is the dimensions in tiles of the display grid.  Minimum x is 80.  Minimum y is 25.  Maximums are 200.  Make sure the window size or full screen resolution matches the grid/tile size if you don't want the display to be squashed or stretched.  The default windowed font has tiles that are 8x12 pixels, for instance, so for a 80x25 grid, you use a 640x300 window, and for a 125x50 grid, you'd use a 1000x600 window.  FULLGRID is used in full screen mode, whether graphics is on or not.

[GRID:80:50]
[FULLGRID:105:65]

With any luck that will run if you change your INI settings to match that, of course if you're using a different tileset you'll need to ignore the "mayday.bmp" parts.

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2010, 05:45:28 am »

Well... the complete raws folder gets copied into the save game folder right at the beginning. Any changes you make in graphics after worldgen don't count, unless you manually copy them to the save folder. This explains why I couldn't get doctor graphics showing up.
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9