Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: [DISCUSSION] 0.31.01 modding experience thread  (Read 16227 times)

GregHayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.opengameforge.org
Re: [DISCUSSION] 0.31.01 modding experience thread
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2010, 06:43:52 pm »

The 5000 value sets the baseline, which I'm pretty sure means that their descriptors will be relative to that value, so you shouldn't notice any change in the description.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2010, 06:48:53 pm »

... so how do I even know whether they have it or not?
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2010, 06:54:13 pm »

See which dwarves mine faster.

Or pit them against each other in the Arena and see who wins more often. I recommend battleaxes, they seem to kill things faster than other weapons in the new version.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2010, 06:56:03 pm »

re: MATERIAL_BREATH_ATTACK

The only flag I know for the final argument is TRAILING_GAS_FLOW. Is anyone else aware of any others that are available? I've done several searches of the forum and I swear I remember Toady talking about a couple of other ones...
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2010, 07:23:00 pm »

Actually, I just realized all I have to do is use the Arena and take over my dwarves that I create, and then there's a button to look at my stats, and it certainly says my male dwarf is superdwarvenly agile.

The female had 778 speed, and my male had 1718 speed from setting them to 5 and 5000, respectively.

... Seems like quite a low difference, especially with the last version basically making you a [speed:0] character with maxxed out stats.

... According to the power of my maths, 1718 displayed speed is a speed of 482, while a displayed 778 speed is actually 1185...

The old (five bonuses) superdwarvenly agile was 450 speed, so that's something in the same ballpark. 

I'll have to try seeing what happens if I try to pass 10,000 as a stat, instead, though.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2010, 07:32:30 pm »

The only flag I know for the final argument is TRAILING_GAS_FLOW. Is anyone else aware of any others that are available? I've done several searches of the forum and I swear I remember Toady talking about a couple of other ones...

Someone said the following work too, I think he did a string dump

TRAILING_DUST_FLOW
TRAILING_VAPOR_FLOW
TRAILING_GAS_FLOW
SOLID_GLOB
LIQUID_GLOB
UNDIRECTED_GAS
UNDIRECTED_VAPOR
UNDIRECTED_DUST
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2010, 07:41:13 pm »

Someone said the following work too, I think he did a string dump

TRAILING_DUST_FLOW
TRAILING_VAPOR_FLOW
TRAILING_GAS_FLOW
SOLID_GLOB
LIQUID_GLOB
UNDIRECTED_GAS
UNDIRECTED_VAPOR
UNDIRECTED_DUST

Awesome! That is perfect.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

KFK

• Bay Watcher
  • Keeper of the enchanting pixie dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2010, 07:52:23 pm »

I noticed while trying to make some minor colour changes to soil and stone, that those changes now require a new World Generation. :(

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2010, 07:58:22 pm »

did you make those changes to the general raw file or to the raw files in the SAVE folder in your Data?

Rimbecano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2010, 08:10:10 pm »

I've successfully created a new reaction to alchemize lead into titanium, as well as the shop where the reaction takes place, and, of course, the product: titanium.

The problem is that the reaction will show up on, and be performed if assigned from, the job manager screen, but that I can not seem to have it performed on the shop's job assignment menu (which is blank).

Does anyone see any obvious problems in my reaction code:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:ALCH_TI_PB]
[NAME:alchemize titanium from lead]
[BUILDING:ALCHEMISTS_LAB:CUSTOM_T]
[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:LEAD]
[REAGENT:B:1:MEAT:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:GIANT_OLM:LIVER][UNROTTEN]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:TITANIUM]
[SKILL:ALCHEMY]

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2010, 08:12:41 pm »

are zombies still area bound or does the dead rise up?
have you add it to your dwarves jobs?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2010, 08:13:43 pm »

reaction stuff

It looks like you need to add reactions (and custom workshops) to entity files now. Check the dwarf entity for examples.

GregHayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.opengameforge.org
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2010, 08:49:28 pm »

As part of my experiments for making magic-using castes, I've been experimenting with the effects of the [FLIER] tag on fortress mode. Fortunately, it no longer gives everything possessing it a crippling fear of moving, but the pathfinding still doesn't make the best use of it. After testing in Fortress Mode and Arena Mode, here's what I've seen so far:

- Fortress Mode pathfinding does not like flying. Fliers will never actually use their abilities to carry out fortress mode commands, and commands that would be impossible with non-fliers are still impossible with fliers. Fliers caught on top of a cave-in will not use their flight to catch themselves.
- Testing in arena mode, fliers used their flight consistently, but not intelligently. Fliers flew across gaps to reach nearby enemies and caught themselves in the air when they fell, but provided with ranged weapons did not attempt to make use of their flight. As Arena Mode is supposed to be a scaled down Fortress Mode, some of this may carry over, but I honestly can't say how much.

So [FLIER] seems to have gone from being crippling to merely useless. So much for that idea.

Rimbecano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2010, 08:54:26 pm »

reaction stuff

It looks like you need to add reactions (and custom workshops) to entity files now. Check the dwarf entity for examples.

Done. As I said. I can build the workshop, and the reaction appears in, and works from, the job manager, but doesn't work from the shop screen itself.

KFK

• Bay Watcher
  • Keeper of the enchanting pixie dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2010, 09:15:18 pm »

did you make those changes to the general raw file or to the raw files in the SAVE folder in your Data?

Great question. I was modifying the general raws, not the save folder raws. It's all good now.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 09:16:52 pm by KFK »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13