Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: [DISCUSSION] 0.31.01 modding experience thread  (Read 16264 times)

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: [DISCUSSION] 0.31.01 modding experience thread
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2010, 03:05:04 pm »

It appears [METAL_PREF] no longer affects what metals are available to a race, and [MINOR_METAL] is no longer a recognized token.

Disturbing.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2010, 03:12:30 pm »

(Of course, if you don't mind)
I'm flattered, actually.

Met up with the fake "blue" octorocs with an adventurer. It was over fast.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yeah, that material isn't for more natural creatures. Onward to other breath weapons!
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

LordHavoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2010, 03:26:58 pm »

Oh seriously? That's insanely odd.

How about making wood as a product? The material tag keeps barfing out that neither PLANT nor WOOD are valid material tags.

This'll do it
Now I need help in making bones, corpses and shells
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 03:30:35 pm by LordHavoc »

Kilowatt

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2010, 03:36:08 pm »

So, uh, venom and such has left me somewhat confused. I've found the helmet snake a nice example of the venom use and its effects, as well as syndromes, but I am confused by the long strings of numbers and modifiers in the effect tags of the syndrome. In addition to this, I have a few questions about venom in general-
First, how is it handled? Is it a material or something?
Second, are there different types of venom such as inhalants, contact, and injected venoms?
Third, how does one set up a delivery system for the above types?
Fourth, is it possible to have multiple modifiers on a breath tag that could result in such blasphemy as poisonous fire or poisonous glass shards, or even a venom that is breathed out as a liquid and vaporizes? (Or vice versa?)

I've added the helmet snake venom as a reference for ease of dissection.

Oh, look, seconds later, I find another one with an example of gaseous toxins. At a glance observations included. It's a "Cave Floater".

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 03:42:13 pm by Kilowatt »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2010, 03:38:26 pm »

I just had a single adventurer take on 30 red octoroc alone in the arena, with nothing but a steel long sword, iron shield, chain mail shirt, leather leggings, leather boots, leather gloves and a leather cap.

The rocks couldn't penetrate the body armor, and most were blocked by the shield.  But after 3 turns of blocking and dodging he got over exerted and passed out on the floor where his extremities were very slowly bludgeoned into paste and he bled to death.

It did not end well for Link.  Next all the octoroc are fighting a dragon. :D

It's like a fireworks display, enough creatures with a solid glob breath firing at something suitably invincible is like some fancy particle effect just an endless stream of projectiles flying through the air coating everything at a certain range in sandstone.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 04:05:20 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2010, 03:58:04 pm »

Hey guys, look what I made!

It's a demonic creature that BLEEDS FIRE

Code: [Select]
[CASTE:REAVER]
[MALE]
[CREATURE_TILE:38][COLOR:0:0:1]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:GAS]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:FLAME_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL:SCARLET]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:10000]
[BODY_SIZE:1:168:50000]
[BODY_SIZE:20:0:250000]

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2010, 04:07:16 pm »

Venom stuff

As for the pod juice in that one creature,

regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2010, 04:25:23 pm »

No, I made a "rot snake" to test poisons, that value goes WAAAAY past 100... I made it so as after it bites, you have a few in-game hours (I think about 6) before you instantly rot and bleed to death, so, so fun :)

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2010, 04:38:58 pm »

I just got my first mood, a glass maker after 3 seasons having no sand i decided to try the trick with modding soil layers to sand. Didn't work.

But after a little file digging i noticed that saved games carry a copy of the raws with them and if you mod THAT it takes place... now this begs the question: can we add reactions on the fly now?

I don't mod reactions but i'd love to see the results
Back to Mafia with me!

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2010, 04:50:07 pm »

The only syndromes that appear to do anything are nausea and fever - is there any way to tell which are in effect on a creature in the area?
Also known as Zuhayr.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2010, 04:54:28 pm »

The only syndromes that appear to do anything are nausea and fever - is there any way to tell which are in effect on a creature in the area?

Be the affected creature in Arena mode.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2010, 05:07:34 pm »

I just got my first mood, a glass maker after 3 seasons having no sand i decided to try the trick with modding soil layers to sand. Didn't work.

But after a little file digging i noticed that saved games carry a copy of the raws with them and if you mod THAT it takes place... now this begs the question: can we add reactions on the fly now?
Yeah. Was coming to report that. Pity I was beaten to the punch. It's a useful find.

Makes modding a lot less hassle, but there's still some involved as soon as you start keeping different raw versions around...

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2010, 05:16:17 pm »

does anybody know if [CREATURE_TILE] is a creature-level tag or a castle-level tag?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2010, 05:28:57 pm »

is the military hard coded for only dwarves or is there a set of tags and tokens I need to add to the goblins so I can end raids on other towns.
also the new dwarven forts makes finding the mayor elven hard than the original dwarven hard, who makes a hole in a ground with no rooms?! that just begs to be rushed by a goblin raided
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2010, 06:33:14 pm »

How do you get attributes to work?  I've given my dwarves the same 5000 memory that the goblins and elves get, but most of my dwarves aren't popping up with notices of their memory most of the time, and when they do, although it's high, it isn't the max value.  Likewise, I gave female dwarves 5:5:5:5:5:5:5 agility, and male dwarves the all 5000s in agility, and I don't notice any difference...

... Should I report this as a bug?
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13