Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36

Author Topic: New version - first impressions [Spoilers!]  (Read 56437 times)

sweitx

• Bay Watcher
  • Sun Berry McSunshine
    • View Profile
Re: New version - first impressions [Spoilers!]
« Reply #495 on: April 07, 2010, 04:18:10 pm »

I still haven't found out how to assign kill orders

what button is it?

schedule, choose a squad (probably a), choose kill and select the target.  It actually works really well once you find it.

Just remeber: you're SAK'ing them! :D

Ooh!  Perfect!
Probably unintentional, but still, perfect acronym.
One of the toads decided to go for a swim in the moat - presumably because he could path through the moat to my dwarves. He is not charging in, just loitering in the moat.

The toad is having a nice relaxing swim.
The goblin mounted on his back, however, is drowning.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 07, 2010, 05:22:46 pm »

thanks!

too bad the giant rat that was in my fort has already wandered away.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 07, 2010, 08:19:38 pm »

Sorry for the double post

well, looks like I just found my chief medical dwarf!

also, I used the kill commands to get my militia commander to beat a gnome to death after one of them stole my alcohol. It wasn't the same gnome, but I'm sure they got the message.

blinking icons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 08, 2010, 06:49:34 am »

*can't cook meat
*dwarves don't eat meat?
*shell/bone stockpiles don't work/exist (body parts instead is a pain to micromanage)
*boozecooking (why is this not simply gone?) is buggy
*hunting is broken
*hauling can produce some weird lockups (for one season now, various dwarves try to haul a turtle shell from the surface inside but eventually give up)
*removal of above ground remains is..weird? not working?
*fishing makes dwarves die of thirst (cancelling zone and labor permission does, well, work sometimes)
The Thresher looks sick!
The Thresher looks even more sick!
The Thresher vomits.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #499 on: April 08, 2010, 07:04:53 am »

*can't cook meat
*dwarves don't eat meat?
*shell/bone stockpiles don't work/exist (body parts instead is a pain to micromanage)
*boozecooking (why is this not simply gone?) is buggy
*hunting is broken
*hauling can produce some weird lockups (for one season now, various dwarves try to haul a turtle shell from the surface inside but eventually give up)
*removal of above ground remains is..weird? not working?
*fishing makes dwarves die of thirst (cancelling zone and labor permission does, well, work sometimes)

I don't know about you but I can certainly cook meat and my dwarves do eat it. Refuse stockpiles work fine for bones in my game, though shells do not. Booze cooking was a bug before, and is still buggy. Never seen the hauling issue you describe personally. Remains above ground sometimes do not rot, aye. Not sure why. I've never had dwarves die of thirst while performing a labor... well other than fighting.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 08, 2010, 09:17:42 am »

Dwarfs won't go get a drink 'till they're either really thirsty or get the job done. It's a bug. They also get unhappy thoughts from this.

Athmos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 08, 2010, 09:42:25 am »

Dwarfs won't go get a drink 'till they're either really thirsty or get the job done. It's a bug. They also get unhappy thoughts from this.

actually, i don't know if it's a bug but it's a bit annoying. Ideally, i'd like to have a kind of "mobilization level" setting that would allow more or less slack in our dwarfs job handling.
You could set it to dictatorial, have the dwarf forced to work until and eventually beyond exhaustion/thirst/hunger unhappy thoughts if prolonged too long, just as it currently is or even more absolute, down to slack and lax setting where your dwarfs would take extra leisure, get extra happy thought from it but not work much.

And they could even grow accustomed to lazyness and thus not gain happy thoughts anymore after some time but still get unhappy if ordered to work more,, and then... well, that would be expanding on the idea, but i think this kind of setting would be nice.

It would allow us to order total mobilization to defend from a siege or complete a vital project, but also to throttle down the work intensity in normal time. And would be more  realistic than a fixed level anyway.

Do you think i should post that in suggestions or something ?

coco

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 08, 2010, 12:51:53 pm »

I can confirm these silly "died of thirst" cases.

One of my Soap makers died of thirst while partying maybe 3 tiles from a Stockpile with 2000 booze..

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 08, 2010, 01:08:15 pm »

Is this normal?
I looked through legends(150 yr genned world) and I have about 52 pages of megabeasts.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 08, 2010, 01:13:34 pm »

Is this normal?
I looked through legends(150 yr genned world) and I have about 52 pages of megabeasts.

Megabeasts or Forgotten Beasts?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 08, 2010, 01:18:56 pm »

Is this normal?

Megabeasts or Forgotten Beasts?
both

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 08, 2010, 01:20:21 pm »

Sorry for the double post

well, looks like I just found my chief medical dwarf!

also, I used the kill commands to get my militia commander to beat a gnome to death after one of them stole my alcohol. It wasn't the same gnome, but I'm sure they got the message.

Dr. Urist Mchouse, high master diagnoser/comedian.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 08, 2010, 01:25:48 pm »

I'm pretty sure it's not a bug but a fix to previous problems that created it's own.  People were getting annoyed that dwarves were constantly canceling jobs to eat or drink.  Now they keep working until they're about to keel over.  Ideally we would want them to finish their current task, go get a drink then move on to the next task instead of canceling their current task or doing all of their queued tasks.

blinking icons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 08, 2010, 07:20:59 pm »

*Anyone have meat or organs show up in the kitchen screen? I still can't get my cook to use them.
*It seems my dwarves now do eat meat - it for sure vanishes somehow. My prepared meals though do not contain any.
* how was boozecooking buggy in 40d? Anyway, I always turn it off, so not my prob.
*Is there a hunting how-to somewhere already?
The Thresher looks sick!
The Thresher looks even more sick!
The Thresher vomits.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #509 on: April 08, 2010, 07:29:01 pm »

*Anyone have meat or organs show up in the kitchen screen? I still can't get my cook to use them.
Meat shows up in my kitchen, yes. I'm not sure why yours wouldn't, I don't think I have edited my raws.
* how was boozecooking buggy in 40d? Anyway, I always turn it off, so not my prob.
You could make booze biscuits out of nothing but booze. That's a bug. One doesn't pour a bunch of wine in a bucket, heat it, and then have a booze roast. Someone else said that Toady intends booze cooking to be a sort of glaze which will increase the quality of a meal without counting as one of the ingredients. That would be nice.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36