Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28

Author Topic: SparkGear X-TREME  (Read 58269 times)

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SparkGear X-TREME
« Reply #135 on: April 09, 2010, 02:07:04 am »

A huge swath of the workforce is ill, their limbs rotting off. A lot of them have made it to the hospital, and about a dozen are sleeping in the same tile (the top-left tile of the hospital zone. must be the default when they run out of beds)

I count about 30 that appear to have symptoms, including a dozen of the children. It's getting a bit grim.

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 09, 2010, 02:11:45 am »

Several dogs and cats have also succumbed to the infection.

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 09, 2010, 02:43:14 am »

First tantrum, a mason who lost his child to thirst. Several dwarves have died of thirst or hunger so far, and I think (but can't verify) that so far it's only been the ones who were sleeping in the corner of the hospital. Perhaps they can't be attended to unless they're in a bed?

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 09, 2010, 02:51:33 am »

Even a Tigerman cub that has been wandering around (peacefully) outside the entrance has caught the plague.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 09, 2010, 05:07:06 am »

I shall take the 19th.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 09, 2010, 07:06:26 am »

Well, this was an interesting turn. The plague has brought our numbers down to 68, with more than a dozen still suffering.

We have more food and drink than we'll use in a year, of course.

I got the surface fortification built sufficiently to protect the buildings up there (the masons are still working on the third floor.) It could use some arrow slits.

The mayor went on a bender and destroyed a few buildings, including the old depot. Apparently there's some kind of bug there, because the elven caravan left a bunch of stuff behind when they left. As a result, the depot has not yet been rebuilt in its original location. Various dwarves tried to rebuild it, spending weeks moving crap out of the way, but to no avail. I finally just rebuilt it outside, next to the brook. The dwarven caravan has just arrived, and I've ordered a bunch of toys and other stuff left by the elves moved to the temporary depot so that we can get rid of them.

Oh, did I mention that our broker went beserk after deciding that only shells would serve as decoration for his artifact? I don't think we'll ever have a broker again. Btw, he almost killed Gamegreen, but the militia got there in time and lopped off his head.

Mercifully, there were no sieges, but we did have to fight off a hideous giant crab that was covered in boiling ichor of some kind. You may notice various frozen smears of this ichor on the walls and floors where the dwarves have tracked it around. The hospital is especially bad.

I also got a dozen or so levels of the pump tower built, but it wasn't really a priority. Also, we should have enough bronze armor now to have our militia tank up.

SGX Day Eight.zip

I'll upload to DFMA shortly. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 07:08:10 am by db48x »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 09, 2010, 07:12:20 am »

Was Demonic Spoon still the broker? Does Demonic Spoon still live?

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 09, 2010, 07:21:05 am »

Oh, I forgot to mention. Samoorai and Barbarossa fell to the plague. The broker wasn't Demon Spoon... in fact, I don't see a dwarf named Demon Spoon. The broker's name was Bėmbek or something similar. I can't find him in the unit list though...

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 09, 2010, 07:37:53 am »

Uploaded to DFMA

A side view is quite instructive. I've uploaded every layer from the top of our little hill to the lowest bit of magma that we know of, so you can really see the extent of the staircase and pump tower. There are still about 20 unexplored layers below the fort.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 07:47:00 am by db48x »

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 09, 2010, 07:50:27 am »

I love the plague!  ;D
Thing is blood is a little bugged this version: It keeps spreading forever, unless a dwarf cleans it up. And they won't clean outside.
If you have any of the forgotten beasts blood on the floor, you have to seal off the area, or the dwarves will spread it.

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 09, 2010, 07:54:56 am »

Oh, a final note. This save comes from .31.02, so you'll want to grab it before you start. (not that I can imagine anyone not having done so already)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 09, 2010, 08:03:41 am »

Good job! I'll get a score up for you later. I suggest quarantine on the rotting dwarves.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 09, 2010, 08:32:09 am »

Good job! I'll get a score up for you later. I suggest quarantine on the rotting dwarves.

I suppose we could just wall them in, but don't really think it would do any good. Several of the tigermen outside caught it, and they never came inside the fort, let alone near any of the dwarves in the hospital.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 09, 2010, 08:33:36 am »

can i have the 19th :)
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 09, 2010, 08:59:43 am »

Woah, epic plague is epic.  I'd have thought it was a pool of poisonous monster blood somewhere for sure, but that doesn't explain the Tigermen.  I haven't seen anything about good ole' epidemics in the new version, but that would be a super cool feature.  I mean, you're basically cramming a bunch of blood and vomit covered fleshbags into poor quarters with little hygiene.  Rampant infections would actually be pretty realistic.
At last, she is done.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28