Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72488 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #975 on: September 24, 2010, 09:27:53 pm »

this
...what did I just watch? Was an eldritch engineer just destroyed by the power of cheeseburgers?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: September 24, 2010, 09:41:59 pm »

this
...what did I just watch? Was an eldritch engineer just destroyed by the power of cheeseburgers?

Yes.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: September 25, 2010, 12:07:31 am »

Well, I guess its time to get dangerous. Try and help the scientists with the jefferson.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: October 02, 2010, 06:14:27 pm »

Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)

Frelock: 2

You consult the flying base's database to get more information about the "laser nuke". There isn't really that much that can help you. It's a particle beam that causes a ten-megaton nuclear detonation at the point it hits. It has a decent range and is immune to Ageis point defense by virtue of being a beam weapon.
It takes one minute to charge up before it can be fired, which is useful. If you can somehow evade the first shot, you might have a chance at destroying the weapon before it can fire again.

Dragnar: 5

The TI engineers are currently fixing up the Jefferson. You overhear a conversation between a computer technician and a mechanic.

Tech: "Good lord, 95%?!?"
Mechanic: "What?"
Tech: "Their on-board computer. 95% dilution Duality AI! They barely even filed the serial numbers off!"
Mechanic: "'that dangerous?"
Tech: "You bet your ass it is... They make these things by taking core dumps of insane AIs and fiddling with them until they work again. Normally, you'd only have about fifty percent of the original core in place at most for this type of thing. Almost perfectly safe unless you're trying to make it kill you, but this thing is just the original code with different identity strings and a slightly more docile personality... I think you need the Emperor's signature to install one of these things."
Mechanic: "Bloody 'ell... Should we be working on it then?"
Tech: "Of course. They've got patch behavior daemons and stuff like that running, it's a hell of a lot safer if it's fully functional. Anyway, like I said, if a 95 dilution AI exists it has a damn good reason for doing so. Didn't know they'd be locking me up with one of these things when I got transferred here though."

Feeling that you've heard enough plot for now, you go in and offer the technician the hard drive.

Tech: "Eh, keep it. We can't ever get anything useful off of them. You can use it to store your documents on or something."

Inteuniso: 4

After a little bit more time in a medibooth, you get up, fully healed. Awesome.

There really isn't anything you can do for the base's defense infrastructure. From what you understand, the pepole attacking have a weapon that can't be deflected by their technology.

Qwertyuiopas: 4

You keep a watchful eye out for the enemy. Jameson informs you that they are, in fact, flying towards the airship and will arive quite soon to blow it out of the sky.

Tehstefan: 5

There isn't very much you can do, you're not a mechanic. They look as if they ought to be done with the Jefferson in a few more turns...

Remembering something you read a long time ago, you give the Amulet of Yendor to NUKM. The base's emergency escape systems work via teleportation, and you don't want the amulet screwing things up if you have to abscond suddenly...

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: October 02, 2010, 06:58:00 pm »

I activate my cloak and try to sneak up on the mercs.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: October 02, 2010, 07:11:23 pm »

Too far away, and you'd get blasted as soon as you decloak. Assuming they can't see through cloaking.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: October 02, 2010, 07:19:51 pm »

Too far away, and you'd get blasted as soon as you decloak. Assuming they can't see through cloaking.
Bah. I was gonna try and EMP the laser nuke...

I search for some sort of artillery. Heck, a catapult will do.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: October 02, 2010, 08:44:59 pm »

Use some scrap material lying around to synthesize a missile; preferably one that can create duplicates of itself on normal scanners.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: October 05, 2010, 12:37:03 am »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: October 05, 2010, 10:42:22 am »

The best defense is a good offense?

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: October 05, 2010, 11:03:36 am »

The best defense is a good offense?

Your missile is fine (though you do mean RADAR duplicates, right? Not Sylandro Probe-style missiles?). I was just bumping the topic.

Though you've still not dealt with that hint I gave you.

EDIT:

Though actually, the intention of the "hacking" ability was more for small, delicate work. You're kind of using a scalpel to cut up a tree.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 05:14:41 pm by Schilcote »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: October 05, 2010, 11:40:24 pm »

Eh, just need to swing the scalpel hard enough.  Radar duplicates are decent, thermal flare decoys better, a missile which breaks into a Macross Missile Massacre is best.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #987 on: October 06, 2010, 10:37:54 pm »

This is a puzzle boss sort of thing. I think Jameson mentioned something that might be relevant last turn...
Jameson: "These elevators always get stuck on the way up..."
The elevator arrives. The party steps onto a plastic platform, the walls decorated with exposed circuitry and logic gates that make the elevator work.
The mercenaries are using inferior technology (this is a top-of-the line airship manufactured by a megacorporation, they're just well-equipped soldiers of fortune), they probably don't even have scanners. They can't aim at what they can't see.

Hopefully I am looking at the right quote, but what would happen if I snuck in, invisibly, and jammed the computer for whatever elevator they use?

>Colour script>100% transparent>Self+small craft>Assault their elevators!
Eh?
Eh!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: October 07, 2010, 09:48:55 am »

This is a puzzle boss sort of thing. I think Jameson mentioned something that might be relevant last turn...
Jameson: "These elevators always get stuck on the way up..."
The elevator arrives. The party steps onto a plastic platform, the walls decorated with exposed circuitry and logic gates that make the elevator work.
The mercenaries are using inferior technology (this is a top-of-the line airship manufactured by a megacorporation, they're just well-equipped soldiers of fortune), they probably don't even have scanners. They can't aim at what they can't see.

Hopefully I am looking at the right quote, but what would happen if I snuck in, invisibly, and jammed the computer for whatever elevator they use?

>Colour script>100% transparent>Self+small craft>Assault their elevators!

That would work great... except the only ones using the elevator are on your side. The mercenaries are just flying on flying segways or something.

EDIT:

You're close though. As in proximity. Think nouns. Proper nouns.

EDIT:

Also, listen to this

EDIT:

And then add to this
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 01:45:07 am by Schilcote »

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: October 09, 2010, 05:50:36 pm »

Hey Wolfchild, are you still interested in joining the game? I'm adding your character now, and I've got some fancy special write-y stuff all planned for him. I don't want to waste all that effort finding out you've suddenly decided to disappear.

You chose to be a TF1 engineer, right?

EDIT:

In fact, the special write-y stuff is so special that this turn is going to take me an abnormally long time to write.

EDIT:

Actually, no I'm not. But still, you're in next turn. So... show up.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 06:27:08 pm by Schilcote »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 73