Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72493 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #945 on: September 04, 2010, 01:50:19 pm »

Well, I suppose we're all ignoring slick's useful advice then?  Very well.
Of course. Fighting things ourselves is much more fun than "An enemy? Nuke it!" Besides, I want to hack it's brain to see what it knows.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: September 04, 2010, 01:59:11 pm »

Well, I suppose we're all ignoring slick's useful advice then?  Very well.

Of course, he was really just trying to change the subject (though he truthfully doesn't consciously know)...
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: September 04, 2010, 02:17:22 pm »

Grab any kind of explosive weapon, then leave ship control to slip and stand near the hatch.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: September 04, 2010, 03:33:12 pm »

Ooh, I have an absolutely epic idea for the next location. It'll be TF2, by the way, but not the way you're used to it. :D
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: September 04, 2010, 04:06:47 pm »

Long as there's a Heavy.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: September 04, 2010, 04:09:20 pm »

Hmm... note to self: Set everyone in the next world on fire. Everyone.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 06, 2010, 10:26:04 am »

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Qwertyuiopas: [AF]

You fire your scriptgun at the mecha. It makes a beeping noise. Apparently, it doesn't work on corrupted entities, the same way Frelock can't influence them with his system.

Inteuniso: 5

WAAAAAUUUG-wait, no.

You charge at the mecha, firing... umm... Your plasma rifle that you took off of the ship before charging.

Roll for damage: 5

The mecha is enraged! Some armor plates are blown off by the plasma, and it opens its mouth to scream...

Dragnar: 6

You use your rocket boosters and flight implant and fly directly into the mouth of the mecha. You begin drilling things. It appears that the mecha's vital components are not attatched to its mouth. Damn.
You use your stasis implant to freeze the mecha's head and continue drilling at things.

Frelock: 5

As before, you can't effect the entity directly. You can, however, turn the air around the missiles it fires into superheated plasma.

The mecha fires a volley of missiles, which explode before leaving the launch tubes. The blast sets off more explosives inside the mecha! The mecha's torso is seperated from its legs, held in the air by Dragnar's stasis implant. It floats very, very slowly twoards the ground.

Tehstefan: 5

You take a micro-EAGLE from the weapons dispenser and tell slip ("Slick!") to continue doing what he's doing. You open the hatch and fire at the mecha.
Roll for aim: 6
Roll for damage: 3

You hit the mecha directly in the chest! The machine's armor plates fall off, revealing a glowing... thing. It produces an almost blindingly bright red light.

Text:

The mecha appears to be making its death rolls. It fires a massive volley of missiles!

Roll to intercept: 2+5-20=0
Roll to intercept: 4+5-19=0
Roll to intercept: 3+5-18=0
etc...
Roll to intercept: 3+5-10=0
Roll to intercept: 4+5-9=0
Roll to intercept: 4+5-8=1
Roll to intercept: 1+5-7=0
Roll to intercept: 6+5-6=5
Roll to intercept: 3+5-5=3
Roll to intercept: 5+5-4=9
Roll to intercept: 3+5-3=5
Roll to intercept: 5+5-2=0
Roll to intercept: 3+5-1=7
Roll to intercept: 2+5=7

The ship's PD shoots down six missiles out of twenty.

Roll for damage: 4
Roll for damage: 1
Roll for damage: 2
Roll for damage: 1

The missiles strike! Inteuniso and Qwertyuiopas are hit. They suffer major fractures and organ rupture. Inteuniso's smaller arm and left leg are blown off.
The remaining missiles strike the ship. The panels that comprise the ship's major structure are broken apart, and most of the screens are cracked. The hyperdrive turbine is destroyed.
Everyone inside the ship comes out with only superficial injuries, but Slick is not responding. Inteuniso and Qwertyuiopas require immedate medical attention.

NUKM: "Goddamnit. I'm going to use this communications array to contact TOAST, they'll send a mobile base over. Bring the injured over here, I can keep one of them alive. Put the other into the NDY machine."

NUKM begins fiddling with the detatched communications system, while Inteuniso is put into the NDY machine and Qwertyuiopas is tended to by NUKM's healing beam and the medical droid.

NUKM: "They'll be here in a minute. They'll be able to fix the ship, but I'm not sure about the computer..."

NUKM grabs one of the ship's EAGLE turrets and shoots the glowing part of the mecha. It explodes in a shower of red-glowing goo, which stops glowing after a couple seconds on the ground. The goo around Typoman begins glowing green after a few more seconds.

Dragnar flies back out of the mecha's head and lands near the party.

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 10:31:08 am by Schilcote »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 06, 2010, 10:43:23 am »

Maybe you should let some other people take over the inactive players?

I search the mech's remains for anything resembling a memory device.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #953 on: September 06, 2010, 12:01:15 pm »

Well, if I can't affect them directly, I'll need some other weapon.

>Script: Freezes a hollow sphere around the target, by supercooling anything exactly on the sphere, +/- the set width.

Even if I can't affect them, I doubt they can safely pass through a solid shell of air at temperatures well below 0 degrees kelvin.

Might also make a good defensive shield.
Eh?
Eh!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: September 06, 2010, 01:35:11 pm »

Whoo, I'm good. In any case, grab one of the injured, and bring him over. None of my  men are going to die on my watch!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 06, 2010, 04:01:40 pm »

Might also make a good defensive shield.

You'll need Typo to invoke ConvectionSchmonvection for that to work. But yeah, a shield of frozen air would certainly prevent melee attacks from getting to you.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: September 09, 2010, 10:31:37 am »

Hey, should I create a TvTropes page for this game? No Such Thing As Notability and all that...

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 09, 2010, 08:34:58 pm »

Try to hack into the guidance system for all the missiles.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 09:09:03 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: September 09, 2010, 08:54:47 pm »

Try to hack into the guidance system for all the missiles.

What missiles?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: September 09, 2010, 09:09:52 pm »

Death rolls...Never mind me, I'm just an idiot.

Heal Inteuniso
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 73