Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72581 times)

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #840 on: July 03, 2010, 05:53:02 pm »

haha
well since slick is fixed you think we should head out?
i attempt to become aware of which direction the plot coupon is at all times

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: July 07, 2010, 08:03:44 pm »

From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: July 07, 2010, 10:06:28 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Qwertyuiopas: 6

Boarding the Jefferson, you sit in a comfy chair and attempt to go back into the same trance you were in before.

You see the ship that escaped. Men in white labcoats are carrying computers off off of it.
Suddenly, everything becomes dark. You feel that you are seeing through the eyes of another person. You cannot see or hear anything. You cannot move or make any noise. You are constrained.
You feel your mind being picked at and examined. Then everything becomes hazy...

You know time has passed. You feel yourself moving, flowing down a series of tubes. Then a bright flash of light, and you can see...

Frelock: 1+2=3

You begin to fuse Sensei's fractured legbones together.

Dragnar: 1

You attempt to use your Flight implant to fly to Thomas and Alfred's Pizza Hut. The Jefferson catches up quickly and pulls you inside.

Typoman: 5

You use your abilities to detect the energy given off by the Sword Of Plot Advancement in this area.

Statuses:

Frelock: Wristwatch, computer terminal, glasses, civilian clothes, pamphlet, a jewel-encrusted egg, a bag which contains a lunch and a clove of garlic, and a bottle of water. On the ship.

Proficient in modifying, and synthesizing with hacking tools. (+2 to modification and +1 to synthesis at short range)
Advanced in healing (+2, can use on two targets in one turn)
Implants:
REMOTE VIEWING 3
SENSOR 3
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
TACTICAL SCANNER 2
ADV. DATA INT. 2

Inteuniso: Tau armor, elfin sword, quantum storage full of scrap, engineering computer (will give bonus to engineering tasks once you work with it a little bit), Lance, carrots and apples, longsword. On the ship.
Dabbling swordsmanship.
Dabbling dancing.
Dabbling horsemanship.
Novice Hauler (+1 to carrying stuff around)
Novice Mechanic (+2 to working with vehicles)
Cheif Engineer of the Starship Jefferson (+1 to working with the Ultravan)
+1 to using engineering computer.
Implants:
AIM 5
REMOTE VIEWING 3
TI STD MIL. IMPLANT 5
TI TACTICAL+ 5
Pet horse (currently mounted)

Tehstefan: .44 Magnum, Fedora, bullwhip, touchstone, tinning kit, Amulet of Yendor. Location: On the ship.
Agile (+1 to running and jumping).
Novice driver(+1 to operating vehicles)
Novice telekeinesis-user (+2 to using telekinesis implant)
Novice Mechanic (+1 to working with vehicles)
Captain of the Starship Jefferson (+1 to doing anything with the Jefferson, additional +1 to navigating in particular)
Implants:
TI AIM 5
TI TACTICAL+ 5
TI SENSOR 3
TI FLIGHT 4
TI TELEKINESIS 5
TI REFLEX 3
Intrinsics:
Warning

ExKirby: Red Helmet, Red Army Gear, Combat Knife, .9mm Pistol, StA52 Assault Rifle, Forcer Grapple, beam sword, Meaningless Commander's Badge, two-handed broadsword, oil lamp, Micro-EAGLE. Location: Ship.
Enhanced enhanced bone structure (+3 to blunt and crushing damage avoid) Hardened flesh (+2 to burning and projectile damage avoid)
Turret Control (+1 to manually controlling ship-mounted weaponry)
AUTOMEDICAL 2
AIM 5
FLIGHT 4
REFLEX 3
INTANGIBILITY 5
CLOAK 4
Blessing of Ordo (Relaxed laws of physics, +1 to attacking chaotic beings)
In command of 5 little robot minions:

Sawbuck: A flying robot, with a multitude of extremely sharp blades. It deals heavy slashing damage. However, it is unstable and a decent impact will send it far away.
Clanger: A small, heavy, tank-like robot, with a pair of heavy duty hydraulic pincers on its front. It deals heavy crushing damage(+1). It is highly resistant to damage, but very slow.
Zip: A small, extremely fast wheeled robot. It attacks by discharging electrical energy into its target, dealing light burn damage. It can move at extreme speed, and carry light cargo.
Bash: A mid-size, doglike robot with extremely powerful back legs. It can fling itself long distances with them. It jumps on enemies, knocking them down and dealing moderate blunt impact damage.

Sensei: Knife, suitcase O' spectacles, electric brass lantern, two lengths of rope, uranium battleaxe (+1 enemy dodge, +1 damage), basic construction equipment, Nano-EAGLE, big missile launcher, 1000 gold pieces, a tin operner, a credit card, an expensive camera, hawaiian shirt. On ship.

Implants:
SENSOR 3
FLIGHT 4
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
REMOTE VIEWING 3
AIM 3
REFLEX 3
Novice builder: +1 to building stuff
Practiced aim(+1 to aiming)
Glowing(-1 to being sneaky while on).

Qwertyuiopas: Computer-goggles, scriptgun(loaded with gravity modifier), gloves, 6 fortune cookies. On ship.

Implants:
REMOTE VIEWING 3
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
Chief Science Officer (+2 to using the Ultravan's sensors and computer systems, as well as generally scienceing)

Understanding(????)

Available Scripts:
Colorer
Gravity Modifier
Computer Stopper
Projectile Shield
Macguffin Detector
Status Monitor

Dragnar: Built-in laser pistol, mining tools(+1 enhancement for mining, negates 1 armor when used as weapon), quantum storage full of scrap, portable bunker(hold it for a +2 to avoid damage, or plant it in the ground and create an impenetrable barrier to all projectiles coming from that direction.), coasters, cattle prod, unidentified floppies. Location: On ship.
Implants:
TI FLIGHT 4
TI HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
TI CLOAK 4
TI ADV. DATA INT. 2
TI ITEM MAGNET 3
TI STASIS 3
Novice flier: +1 to flight with flight implant
Enhanced Speed (+1 to reflexes and high-speed actions)
Encumbering Repair Devices (Heals 50% of incurred damage every turn, -1 to dexterous actions)
Can Fly, rockets in feet.
Pylon-link (+1 to item magnet usage when in range of pylon)

Typoman: hammer pants and polo, with a funky pen in the breast pocket. a shield made of pure, solid rage, a robe, an small shield, a mace, and a clove of garlic, and an SDW-120.
TI FLIGHT 4
TI SENSOR 3
TI AUTOMEDICAL 2
TI TACTICAL SCANNER
TI CLOAK 4
TI REMOTE VIEWING
Involuntarily absorbs organic matter and reprocesses it.
Abilities:
Exploding Van: ????
Kill It With Fire: Expel flames from the mouth.
Stains Stare: Dispel all thoughts from the target, replacing them with an intense desire for cupcakes. Effectively paralyzes the target.
Lv. 1 Summon Memetic: Call one low-level memetic being to your aid.
Permanent energy conduit leading out right hand.
Summoned entities:
None.

Starship Jefferson:
A TOAST Industries Ultravan with:
Flight package (+VTOL enhancement),4 "KICKASS" kinetic weapons, 2 "nano-EAGLEs" on turrets, one pulse rifle on a turret, two "Phasers", two "laser machine guns", one tractor beam, two "Ageis V3s", an "energy deflector shield", three VSP-grade hyperdrives (only one can function at a time), a "TI Standard Rangercam+scanner" with a "VSP Rangercam Upgrade", a "TI Advanced Navigation/targeting system", an inertial compensator, an "all in one life-support system", a "super communicator module", a remote environmental probe (with two nano-EAGLE turrets), a void entry device, an implant installation upgrade, a TOAST construction computer, a healing turret, a TOAST weapons dispenser, a transporter, an Advanced Auto-Repair Unit, 2 Large Wall-Mount Quantum Storage Devices, a special 360 degree super-voidscanner designed by Qwertyuiopas, more comfortable seats, advanced robotic storage system, drone controller, standard automatic turret controler, fire supression system, EVA pod, advanced manuvering system.
Transforming mecha fighter attached to bottom of ship. Can now detach in the void, but has no voidscanner.
Contains:
12 Portable Temporary Auto-Repair Devices
AI called Slick. Watching Sensei and sighing.
Maintainance+Medical droid. Hanging on to NUKM.
NUKM drone. Hanging on to the ship.
Much miscellaneous scrap.
Heavily modified "NDY Machine". Function unknown.

Text:

The Jefferson lands in front of an abandoned Pizza Hut.
"Hi, I'm Jim Dale."
The Pizza Hut is surrounded by vast fields dotted with cows. The terrain is hilly.

The party knocks on the door, Slick observing from behind.

"What do we do?"
"Throw them in the fire!"
"Let's not do anything stupid. I think we should answer the door."

Two rough-looking farmers answer the door.

"Hi, I'm Thomas, and this is Alfred. And that back there is Ed C***."
Ed: "Hi!"
Tehstefan: "Hi, we're looking for an artifact we heard was around here. Do you know anything about it?"
Typo: "A book of some kind? Very old."
Thomas: "Oh, the Enclosed Instruction Book. Some guy in a black cloak came by and asked for it. Alfred threw him in the fire. Come in, I think we have it somewhere."

WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: July 07, 2010, 10:42:34 pm »

...Can't...resist... I jump in the fire and loot the guy they threw in.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: July 08, 2010, 12:17:57 am »

Heal dragnar from his self-induced stupidity.  Let him feel pain as a reminder that Fire Bad, however.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: July 08, 2010, 12:38:50 am »

help obtain the book
if you want something more specific let me know hehe

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: July 08, 2010, 01:11:37 am »

Heal dragnar from his self-induced stupidity.  Let him feel pain as a reminder that Fire Bad, however.
I am a robot you know. This is still a bad plan, but it's not suicidal.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: July 08, 2010, 01:24:14 am »

help obtain the book

Well, it would be nice if you could roleplay a little... Though I guess I'm not really providing a rich enough environment. My fault really...

Of course, Alfred's fire is supernatural in nature.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: July 08, 2010, 01:28:40 am »

Of course, Alfred's fire is supernatural in nature.
...uh...
...well...
...I'm still gonna try it.

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: July 09, 2010, 01:48:34 am »

help obtain the book

Well, it would be nice if you could roleplay a little... Though I guess I'm not really providing a rich enough environment. My fault really...

i would but i couldn't think of a specific plan of action that might be suitable

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: July 09, 2010, 02:27:20 am »

Can Fly, rockets in feet.
[/quote]

meh? he dosent have feet. he is a probe right? in fact he should probably have bonus a to flying they have hover boosters :P
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: July 09, 2010, 04:03:36 am »

I'M BACK! WHEWT!

Joy aside, get the instruction booklet, or whatever we're here to get. Avoid fires. Considering I think we'll be thrown at one ourselves.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 04:05:14 am by tehstefan »
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: July 09, 2010, 08:18:33 am »

i might actually be getting frood todatay ten i can rwrite the tujrn

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: July 11, 2010, 09:46:37 am »

hmm...

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: July 11, 2010, 10:14:52 am »

hmm...

Whatever I have, it sucks.

I'll be getting a sandwitch or something in an hour, then i can writ terns.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 73