Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72777 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #510 on: May 19, 2010, 03:30:50 pm »

I ask Slick what the junk files are, then delete them if he does not give a good answer.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 19, 2010, 03:51:11 pm »

Heal Exkirby and Sensei, with enhancements!
All generalizations are false....including this one.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 19, 2010, 04:46:20 pm »

I get ahold of our l33t hacker, and tell him to check out slick. Specifically, that he doesn't have access to the self destruct. That's a bad idea.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 19, 2010, 04:47:51 pm »

> Have spirit journey.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 19, 2010, 04:49:09 pm »

I get ahold of our l33t hacker, and tell him to check out slick. Specifically, that he doesn't have access to the self destruct. That's a bad idea.
Better yet, make sure there IS no self-destruct. what possible use would that have?! though Slick could always just point all the weapons inward and fire...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 19, 2010, 08:36:15 pm »

Come now, there has to be a self destruct feature.  However, it really should be triggered with a big red button.  And have a very long countdown.  And have a series of difficult-to-reach switches which must be triggered simultaneously to stop it.  Also, there should be a requirement that a minor character must be sacrificed to the drama gods to stop it.  Oh, and it only stops at 1.

void selfDestructAll(void)
{
   println(stdout,"I'm sorry Dave.  I'm afraid I can't do that.");
   exit(10);
}
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 08:40:20 pm by Frelock »

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #516 on: May 19, 2010, 08:41:00 pm »

Well, due to recent advancements, I see the need to create an attachment to the scriptgun(most likely a software-based HUD addition) that lists all available compatible scripts and allows easy searching and selection of them. Most notably, leaving them in the statuses.
Eh?
Eh!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 19, 2010, 08:45:54 pm »

Come now, there has to be a self destruct feature.  However, it really should be triggered with a big red button.  And have a very long countdown.  And have a series of difficult-to-reach switches which must be triggered simultaneously to stop it.  Also, there should be a requirement that a minor character must be sacrificed to the drama gods to stop it.  Oh, and it only stops at 1.

void selfDestructAll(void)
{
   println(stdout,"I'm sorry Dave.  I'm afraid I can't do that.");
   exit(10);
}
What? We're the heros, not mad scientists! we should not be susceptible to the follies of the evil overlord list!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 19, 2010, 08:54:32 pm »

dragnar, even the good guys have self-destruct systems that work like that.  Case in point: The Andromeda Strain.  Also, GalaxyQuest (could I have picked two things any more dissimilar?)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 19, 2010, 09:04:30 pm »

That doesn't make it a good idea!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 19, 2010, 09:36:46 pm »

Don't give in to peer pressure! Don't do self destruct!

This message paid for by the Galactic Safety Union.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #521 on: May 19, 2010, 09:40:10 pm »

Self destruct has a minor purpose: A tactical option for situatons like blackmail and worst-case scenarios when an enemy holds the ship and it would be far less difficult, costly, and destructive to blow them and the ship up than let them use it's weapons for evil. Naturally, in that case, setting every seat to have a "jettison to space" command would be more effective, but...
Eh?
Eh!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 19, 2010, 10:55:37 pm »

Self destruct has a minor purpose: A tactical option for situatons like blackmail and worst-case scenarios when an enemy holds the ship and it would be far less difficult, costly, and destructive to blow them and the ship up than let them use it's weapons for evil. Naturally, in that case, setting every seat to have a "jettison to space" command would be more effective, but...

That reminds me of Star Trek II: The Search For Spock. Klingons capture the enterprise, and the crew beams down to a planet. Klingons beam aboard.
"Captian, the computer is saying something!"
"What is it?"
"Computer: Three... Two..."
"Oh ****"
"One."
KA-BEWMMM

If I ever make a spaceship with a self destruct, the countdown would be a hand with the fingers going down on each side to represent the countdown. One, of course, would be represented by flipping off the boarding party.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 20, 2010, 10:23:47 pm »

do what i can to stop exkirby kicking the bucket

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 21, 2010, 04:13:31 pm »

Need them actions.

WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 73