Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72761 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #480 on: May 16, 2010, 12:10:01 pm »

Finally back.

I'll try to make something along the lines of the voidscanner, only it detects all forms of life, and the output is a set of 3D images and positions that can be used by some other device to draw them as needed.
Eh?
Eh!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 16, 2010, 03:43:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dragnar: 3

You make some minor modifications to your mining equipment, allowing it to be used as an impromptu weapon.
You'll still have to get really close to the enemy to use it though. It can pierce light armor (negates enemy armor bonus up to 1).

ExKirby: 3

You scale a building and stomp.
SWING YOUR ARMS FROM SIDE TO SIDE COME ON ITS TIME TO GO DO THE MARIO

Sensei: 3

There aren't really any new sensor implants to get, so you grab a Reflex.
You look around and notice a shooting range, and decide to head in for a minute or two.
The Reflex and Aim implants go very well together, allowing you to react with incredible speed and perfect aim.
You don't think TOAST would be happy about you smashing their targets with a battleaxe, so you grab a Nano-EAGLE and practice with it.
You become better at aiming (+1 to aim).

Frelock: 2

Unfortunately, you can't figure out how to cram a VED and a Voidsight into your drones.

Tehstefan: 5

You ask Jameson to introduce you to the captains of the voidships he's going to be sending with you.

Typoman: 2 (not that it matters)

You say hi to everyone, but everyone seems occupied.
You go with the wizard and get some help getting implants installed.

Knight85: 3

After talking to the odd pepole in the odd clothes in this odd hut thing with the odd door, you manage to figure out how to get these "implants".
Even though you're far from home, wizardry tends to open the mind to new experiences.

Qwerty: 6

You delicately piece together a device that will take the place of the Voidscanner. Unlike the normal TOAST voidscanner, this device scans in 360 degrees at all times, with far better resolution and range than the TOAST unit.
You are tired out by the effort (-1 to next roll)

Inteuniso: 6

Using various bits of scrap metal and processors, you make a robot that can help you repair and install equipment on the ship.
It installs Qwerty's new voidscanner.

You are tired out similarly to Qwerty.

Statuses:

Frelock: Wristwatch, computer terminal, glasses, civilian clothes, pamphlet, a jewel-encrusted egg, a bag which contains a lunch and a clove of garlic, and a bottle of water. On the Starship Jefferson..

Proficient in modifying, and synthesizing with hacking tools. (+2 to modification and +1 to synthesis at short range)
Advanced in healing (+2, can use on two targets in one turn)
Is going to get a nice hacker cave soon.
Implants:
REMOTE VIEWING 3
SENSOR 3
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
TACTICAL SCANNER 2
ADV. DATA INT. 2

Inteuniso: Tau armor, elfin sword, quantum storage full of scrap, engineering computer (will give bonus to engineering tasks once you work with it a little bit) On the Starship Jefferson.
Dabbling swordsmanship.
Dabbling dancing.
Novice Hauler (+1 to carrying stuff around)
Novice Mechanic (+1 to working with vehicles)
Cheif Engineer of the Starship Jefferson (+1 to working with the Ultravan)
Implants:
AIM 5
REMOTE VIEWING 3
TI STD MIL. IMPLANT 5
TI TACTICAL+ 5

Tehstefan: .44 Magnum, Fedora. Location: On the Starship Jefferson..
Agile (+1 to running and jumping).
Novice driver(+1 to operating vehicles)
Novice telekeinesis-user (+1 to using telekinesis implant)
Novice Mechanic (+1 to working with vehicles)
Captain of the Starship Jefferson (+1 to doing anything with the Jefferson, additional +1 to navigating in particular)
Implants:
TI AIM 5
TI TACTICAL+ 5
TI SENSOR 3
TI FLIGHT 4
TI TELEKINESIS 5
TI REFLEX 3

ExKirby: Red Helmet, Red Army Gear, Combat Knife, .9mm Pistol, StA52 Assault Rifle, Forcer Grapple, beam sword. Meaningless Commander's Badge. At the TOAST site.
Enhanced enhanced bone structure (+3 to damage avoid)
AUTOMEDICAL 2
AIM 5
FLIGHT 4
REFLEX 3
INTANGIBILITY 5
CLOAK 4
Blessing of Ordo (Relaxed laws of physics, +1 to attacking chaotic beings)
In command of 5 little robots.

Sensei: Knife, suitcase O' spectacles, electric brass lantern, two lengths of rope, uranium battleaxe (+1 enemy dodge, +1 damage), basic construction equipment, Nano-EAGLE. At the TOAST site.

Implants:
SENSOR 3
FLIGHT 4
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
REMOTE VIEWING 3
AIM 3
REFLEX 3
Novice builder: +1 to building stuff
Practiced aim(+1 to aiming)
Glowing(-1 to being sneaky, provides light. Not controllable... yet).

Qwertyuiopas: Computer-goggles, scriptgun(loaded with gravity modifier). On the Starship Jefferson..

Implants:
REMOTE VIEWING 3
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
Chief Science Officer (+2 to using the Ultravan's sensors and computer systems, as well as generally scienceing)

Dragnar: Built-in laser pistol, mining tools(+1 enhancement for mining, negates 1 armor when used as weapon), quantum storage full of scrap, portable bunker(hold it for a +2 to avoid damage, or plant it in the ground and create an impenetrable barrier to all projectiles coming from that direction.). Location: On the Starship Jefferson..
Implants:
TI FLIGHT 4
TI HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 2
TI CLOAK 4
TI ADV. DATA INT. 2
TI ITEM MAGNET 3
TI STASIS 3
Novice flier: +1 to flight with flight implant

Typoman: hammer pants and polo, with a funky pen in the breast pocket. a shield made of pure, solid rage
TI FLIGHT 4
TI SENSOR 3
TI AUTOMEDICAL 2
TI TACTICAL SCANNER
TI CLOAK 4
TI REMOTE VIEWING

Knight85: basic mages robes and carrying my trusty lightning firing staff.

Telekinesis
Tactical +5
Reflex
Cloak
Intangibility
Stasis

Starship Jefferson:
A TOAST Industries Ultravan with:
Flight package (+VTOL enhancement),4 "KICKASS" kinetic weapons, 2 "nano-EAGLEs" on turrets, one pulse rifle on a turret, two "Phasers", two "laser machine guns", one tractor beam, two "Ageis V3s", an "energy deflector shield", three VSP-grade hyperdrives (only one can function at a time), a "TI Standard Rangercam+scanner" with a "VSP Rangercam Upgrade", a "TI Advanced Navigation/targeting system", an inertial compensator, an "all in one life-support system", a "super communicator module", a remote environmental probe (with two nano-EAGLE turrets), a void entry device, an implant installation upgrade, a TOAST construction computer, a healing turret, a TOAST weapons dispenser, a transporter, an Advanced Auto-Repair Unit, 2 Large Wall-Mount Quantum Storage Devices, a special 360 degree super-voidscanner designed by Qwertyuiopas.
Transforming mecha fighter attached to bottom of ship. Can now detach in the void, but has no voidscanner.
Contains:
12 Portable Temporary Auto-Repair Devices
AI called Slick. Downloading information from TOAST library computers.
Maintainance droid. Installing Qwertyuiopas's voidscanner.
Much miscellaneous scrap.

Text:

Tehstefan asks Colonel Jameson to introduce him to the captains of the ships that will be accompanying the party to take down the abomination. He introduces Tehstefan to captains Daren and Magnus. Captain Daren is flying a small modified Mermaid similar to the first void ship. The Mermaid was known for its incredible speed and stability and its absolutely terrible maneuverability, owing to the innovative wind-field based drive system.

Captian Magnus is flying a Spaceboot class destroyer. The Spaceboot is a large, cubular ship. It is slow and unmaneuverable, but it is incredibly tough and has extreme amounts of space for weapons and personnel.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #482 on: May 16, 2010, 03:54:03 pm »

Meh... I tried. Robot upgrades.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 16, 2010, 04:19:21 pm »

Boombox implant. Build it. Or failing that, just a boombox. Put on my mad scientist goggles for this.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 16, 2010, 04:23:51 pm »

Error in the statuses:
Using some bits and pieces from your portable scrap heap, you enhance the drive systems in your arms and legs to be able to actuate faster (+1 to reflexive and high-speed actions).
This and my regeneration(which I'm too lazy to look for) aren't noted on mine.(also you might want to spoiler the statuses, so it takes less time to read the events)

Anyway: I help upgrade exkirby's robots.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 16, 2010, 06:54:59 pm »

Don't forget to grab the beam sword, then report to the crew of the strange flying box with Jefferson imprinted on the side.
Find the leader, and inform him of my magical summoning and blood magic controlling people's minds ability.. (Although the summoning part is what got me here, gonna have to be careful with that one. In this context, maybe I could summon  memes to smite people!)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 16, 2010, 06:57:12 pm »

Give a rallying speech, for moral and all that. Also, see what kind of weapons we can load onto both of the ships.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #487 on: May 16, 2010, 09:33:46 pm »

Relax and converse with the newcomers.
Eh?
Eh!

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 17, 2010, 01:43:54 am »

aquire a small gun of some sort
(for when shoop da whoop is overkill)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 17, 2010, 02:05:04 pm »

Ohh man.

http://armorgames.com/play/5216/alice-is-dead-ep-2

Fooz be jackin' mah ideas!
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 17, 2010, 03:14:44 pm »

Set up my hacker cave, and begin monitoring the Jefferson and her crew.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 17, 2010, 04:27:59 pm »

Equip my pulse rifle, and send the jefferson into LUDICROUS SPEED.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 17, 2010, 04:44:56 pm »

Ohh man.

First off. What the hell? MAD HATTER IS INSANE.

Also, I'm stuck. I got out of my cell, and am at the dr. Raymond Burr pic.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 17, 2010, 05:06:28 pm »

Ohh man.

First off. What the hell? MAD HATTER IS INSANE.

Also, I'm stuck. I got out of my cell, and am at the dr. Raymond Burr pic.

Raymond Burr was a coward with a large heart until he lost all his money.

The three buttons on the side flip the images around.

P.S.
Click on the hole in the wall. Let it sit that way for about a minute.
Enjoy the feeling of pure primal fear.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 18, 2010, 12:31:13 am »

I must say, I don't think going plaid is a good idea. Clashes with the color scheme.

Also, Frelock, you and I should find a way to keep in touch if your monitoring things. Maybe a headset or some such?
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 73