Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: DF Addict Support Thread  (Read 1878 times)

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF Addict Support Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 03:29:21 am »

my wrists hurt...
D:
nobody of great interest

i have a crap tumblr page. i usually post art but my scanner is down. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heygofuckadog

uberubert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 05:32:06 am »

I have an idea! We shall find out toady's address (someone in the DF community has to be a stalker, right?), and camp outside his house making really loud noses until the release. Or until the cops come. Whichever.
Wasn't there some dudes during the 2d->3d update-wait that posted this very exact post, only it ended with "...and threaten to kill him if he doesn't release" instead of just camping in his yard..?

Anyways, I played minecraft (paid) for a while, but now I've ended up waiting for updates for that game as well. Also, in the last two weeks, I've introduced 2 new people to DF :D Yay! Sorry for ruining your bliss, new people..
Uberubert cancels forum post: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress

MathijsBuster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 06:39:10 am »

Funny, since that thread about minecraft I've been enjoying myself with that game as well - treating it like a first person Dwarf Fortress. I bought it on day two.
Though it makes me cringe to see that Minecraft makes as much money a day as ToadyOne does in a month. That's just plain unfair.

But yeah, I'm Mathijs - and I'm a Dwarf Fortress addict as well. Sometimes I have delusions of being an actual miner dwarf. <_<
Dwarves: Death from Below!

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2010, 07:04:41 am »

Though it makes me cringe to see that Minecraft makes as much money a day as ToadyOne does in a month. That's just plain unfair.

yea +1. poor toady :(

SquidgyB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2010, 07:28:52 am »

Hi, I'm SquidgyB and I'm a DF addict...

Four months ago I had 4 active Eve-online characters. Since starting to play DF I haven't logged into any of them.  :-\

StrongAxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 07:29:40 am »

I'm actually looking forward to TESTING and DEBUGGING DF2010:)

My name is StrongAxe and I'm a Dwarf Fortress addict.

enlait

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2010, 07:55:37 am »

Four months ago I had 4 active Eve-online characters. Since starting to play DF I haven't logged into any of them.  :-\

If you have any industrial+invention characters, I'd would like to buy one.. if ISK has any value to you anymore. (I can't pay with a generated world with perfect all-in-one site atm, I am playing it. yanotgunagettit! minemineminemine!)

Hello everyone, I'm enlait and I'm a DF addict.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2010, 09:12:09 am »

I am making a Legend of Zelda-esque dungeon for a (civ forge) High Elf adventurer to conquer. It's just too bad that I suck at making traps, and that I can't choose the locations of the enemies.

My best room is a 21x21 room with a 2 tile wide "rim" around a 17x17 magma pit, above which is a 15x15 platform supported by four magma-safe pillars linked to a lever on the center of the platform. I WILL find a way to make sure that this lever need be pulled.

The final treasure vault will be protected by a small flooded room with hatch-covered down stairs leading to the treasure room. When I complete the insanely-complex puzzle that I have yet to devise, the room will drain, allowing me to claim my prize.

EDIT: I'm just doing this to kill time while waiting for the next version.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 10:41:37 am by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ElTacoLad

• Bay Watcher
  • I AM The Taco Lad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2010, 09:43:34 am »

Hi, I'm ElTacoLad and I'm a Dwarf Fortre- ElTacoLad Cancels Talk About Addiction: Attending Party.
treat it like royalty, obviously.
Quote from:  Eviltyphoon
magma
Aren't these the same thing? 
KG

SquidgyB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2010, 12:21:40 pm »

If you have any industrial+invention characters, I'd would like to buy one.. if ISK has any value to you anymore. (I can't pay with a generated world with perfect all-in-one site atm, I am playing it. yanotgunagettit! minemineminemine!)

Lol, thanks, but the indy's are a bit crap;

32mil sp caldari mission runner - missiles/shields/ships up to BS at V

42mil minmatar miner/general pilot, up to BC V

two crappy salvage/orca pilots, ~1mil sp.

No invention, no research, just pvp/pve. The minmatar has exceptional probing skills, and a set of Virtue implants, while the Caldari has a set of high grade Crystal implants.

Anyway, I digress :)

enlait

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2010, 01:28:39 pm »

Lol, thanks, but the indy's are a bit crap;

32mil sp caldari mission runner - missiles/shields/ships up to BS at V

42mil minmatar miner/general pilot, up to BC V

two crappy salvage/orca pilots, ~1mil sp.

No invention, no research, just pvp/pve. The minmatar has exceptional probing skills, and a set of Virtue implants, while the Caldari has a set of high grade Crystal implants.

Anyway, I digress :)

Aww man mining and missioning is exactly the two things I don't want to do =P with my alt char I build T2 rigs and it has the best effort-to-profit ratio for me (every item I make has 100-700% profit). With main char I fly caldari EW ships in small roaming gangs in 0.0.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2010, 01:30:31 pm »

I'm actually looking forward to TESTING and DEBUGGING DF2010:)
Everyone else who also is say 'aye!'

Aye!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lord Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2010, 01:59:31 pm »

Aye!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2010, 02:05:48 pm »

Ow my eye!
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

uberubert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2010, 03:52:49 pm »

Ow my eye!
Who needs eyes? For some reason got me thinking of the champion marksman nicknamed Lightning: http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-24

Also, AYE!
Uberubert cancels forum post: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress
Pages: 1 [2] 3