Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1000 1001 [1002] 1003 1004 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095999 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15015 on: March 11, 2018, 04:29:50 pm »

so after several crashes and Graphical ui glitches I move on to adventure mode and started another Spider-bard adventurer.
ended up going to an elven tavern and performed with 4 elven bards, did this so much that they all agreed to join me in performing together.
then I realized I was near the my player forts(that was currently attacking elven settlements) so there a slight chance my spiderlady might get murdered if I retire nearby.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #15016 on: March 11, 2018, 05:42:37 pm »

Had a pretty amazing fight in a bandit camp - there were around 14 of them - mostly hill dwarves like myself, but also a few frost vrykul and earth elemental warriors. Meanwhile my adventurer, a swordsman, was accompanied by Caegnal Acheminces, another swordsman, and Jorad Simplebee, an axe-thrower.

The first main contender was this earth warrior - a creature more than six times larger than myself and my companions. I was mostly stuck fending off the frost vrykul wrestler, while my companions ineffectively chipped away at the warrior - Jorad eventually managed a very powerful melee hit that clove its torso.

The far bigger problem came up when this frost vrykul pikeman entered the scene and started dealing crippling blows to me and my companions - I managed to avoid some of his attacks, but my companions weren't so lucky - Caegnal suffocated from having his lungs pierced (that was after one of the speardwarves removed one of his hands as well), and Jorad was punched into a mess of gore.

Then the martial trance popped up. Despite being tired and unable to stand, I continued on and killed off the entirety of this camp.

That said, my adventurer is pretty badly beaten up, and is starting to look a bit skull-faced. Thankfully, despite the previous leg-stab, I can still stand - so that's an upside.

Pictured, the campsite after I was done. I travelled back to it to grab some clothing, since most of the stuff I was wearing was in a poor condition - somehow, Caegnal's corpse ended up impaled on a pike, despite everyone at the camp being dead.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15017 on: March 11, 2018, 08:46:32 pm »

Narrowly escaped from a Werellama that I kinda forgot I left in a fort site, luckily there was a prone dwarf nearby to divert the beast's attention.
I sense down the line I'm going to walk into a Fort that going to be nothing but horrifying deadly tame animals that I bought on embark and left there for fort raids. there already a fort site with 200 dogs, one with 50 ogres, one with 50 elephantmen, and one with a dead spongeman and 80 ogres.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15018 on: March 12, 2018, 12:47:12 pm »

"Escaped from a what now"

~Dunamisdeos' avatar
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15019 on: March 13, 2018, 03:43:00 pm »

No relationships, your adventure is actually asexual according to the game so cant form relationships. The guy just stole a demons slab and read her name from it, and so now controls her as a minion
Why are they asexual?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15020 on: March 13, 2018, 05:21:57 pm »

Because toady felt like that would be an easier way to handle it than either letting players choose their characters orientation or being caught unawares when that romantic relationship they hoped for isnt going to happen because their character isnt interested and they had no way to know. I really dont know why he made that decision honestly.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15021 on: March 13, 2018, 05:24:42 pm »

Perhaps because the framework for creating a relationship in adv. mode wasn't implemented yet, so there was no point in allowing the player to choose sexual orientation, thus the adventurer is simply made asexual.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 05:46:36 pm by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15022 on: March 13, 2018, 05:28:18 pm »

I always figured it was for worldgen-related things

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15023 on: March 13, 2018, 05:28:44 pm »

No relationships, your adventure is actually asexual according to the game so cant form relationships. The guy just stole a demons slab and read her name from it, and so now controls her as a minion
Why are they asexual?
well you see they start with No Personality whats so ever, just that now they kinda have some personality but they don't have any likes or preferences or tastes, then toady added relationships which made it so Animals and citizens can have a hard say on who they like to marry which lead to Adventurers getting the default "don't care" on top of the Lack of likes bugs for their shells traits that everyone else kinda has.
that not to say your adventurer can't be really good friends with someone.

so it probably BFF a demon than Marrying one.

edit: oh wow 3 posts answered the question

edit: so uhh decided to test out what would happen if you siege your adventurer camp and it seems like random folks join in to defend your camp if you do so, then if you hold off enough dwarves that an outpost liaison, a duchess and a King just pop up near your camp, wait there are more nobles.
kinda wanted to look for the prisoners the adventurer Fikod captured.

edit: oh they are all naked outside of the king who wearing Giant rat bone crafts and trinkets.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 08:56:24 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #15024 on: March 14, 2018, 09:03:11 am »

I know this is old news, but I still gotta appreciate the "missing treasure" quests - they feel like something you'd actually see in a game. "This demonic thing has taken a fairly heirloom to its lair, go kill it and bring it back!".

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #15025 on: March 16, 2018, 03:49:02 pm »

Created a new adventurer, running as a female this time. Messing with dfhack, I've used the impregnate skill on my adventurer and after taking a few steps, she had dumped the kid on the ground. She was ecstatic after giving birth. I tried to speak with the child and ended up becoming the child's adventure companion. This'd be an unusual playthrough for sure...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #15026 on: March 16, 2018, 04:54:41 pm »

Created a new adventurer, running as a female this time[...]

Wow, how does it work? Can you select a father ? If you can, can you marry and father kids as a male adventurer? I need to know. Can you explain in details how you do this?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15027 on: March 16, 2018, 05:17:47 pm »

Created a new adventurer, running as a female this time[...]

Wow, how does it work? Can you select a father ? If you can, can you marry and father kids as a male adventurer? I need to know. Can you explain in details how you do this?
It's just a hack which makes the target pregnant. DfHack doesn't need to work with in-game logic to do stuff.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15028 on: March 16, 2018, 05:47:40 pm »

I gotta imagine that makes legends mode REALLY confusing

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #15029 on: March 16, 2018, 05:58:56 pm »

It's a dfhack script, I found it in the depths of web. I can't select a father nor marry anyone with it, but I guess that writing a script for that should be possible. Too bad I don't really know anything about lua (though it seems quite similar to C++, so I may learn it fast) and how dfhack scripts work, and I'm not that into DF modding to learn it. Here's the code:

Code: [Select]
-- Impregnates a creature

local args = {...}

function impregnate ()

local victim = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit()
  local genes

if (victim == nil) then
    return
  end

genes = victim.appearance.genes:new()

if (victim.pregnancy_timer > 0) then
    print('Already pregnant!')
    return
  end

victim.pregnancy_genes = genes;
  victim.pregnancy_timer = 30;

if (victim.pregnancy_spouse == 0) then
    victim.pregnancy_caste = 0;
  else
    victim.pregnancy_caste = 1;
  end

end

dfhack.with_suspend(impregnate)

It should check relations between mother (haven't tried impregnating males) and child judging by conversation attempt, but I haven't checked legends mode.
Pages: 1 ... 1000 1001 [1002] 1003 1004 ... 1104