Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 998 999 [1000] 1001 1002 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095984 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14985 on: February 18, 2018, 08:17:56 pm »

Hugh don't give him ideas like that, how do you want to explain it in the story urgh
:C

Frankly this vampire situation makes sense in lore, if people don't want you to kill him, there are reasons for that. You can kill him, but they won't like it and it's normal. Please don't solve a morale dilemma with a cheap gamy trick.

In game, he's protected by his noble status as a commender. He knows that, so you can denounce all you want, he is untouchable and he knows it. If you REALLY want to kill him, you can

• Just murder him and suffer the consequences of attacking the leader of the city's army
• Stage an insurrection to make him vulnerable

But it's better if we just discuss it in our thread
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 09:02:02 pm by Cathar »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #14986 on: February 18, 2018, 09:34:59 pm »

cheap gamy trick.

((That's not a trick, it's an interesting hack.))

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14987 on: February 19, 2018, 01:32:05 am »

Accuse him of being a night creature and he'll turn hostile.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

rhavviepoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14988 on: February 19, 2018, 09:29:46 am »

Inspired by my conquest of Corud Nihdebisan Besozin, I decide to find another roc and do a bit more science!  8)

Like before, I kinda play with the roc until I manage to knock it unconscious. At that point, I fly 28 levels up so that the science can begin.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14989 on: February 19, 2018, 12:24:31 pm »

Ive never thought of lettuce in such a morbid light before
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14990 on: February 19, 2018, 03:56:19 pm »

Lettuce hope that something can be done about flying salads so that no tragedy like this can ever happen again.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14991 on: February 19, 2018, 05:50:23 pm »

Running into an issue with an annoyingly chill vampire.  People are aware of his condition, they just don't care, and killing him gets me branded as a murderer and run out of town.  Is there any way to convince a community that their resident military commander has murdered 250 people across three different towns and needs to die?
Kill him under a separate identity or as a werebeast. Climb above him and drop some lettuce an anvil on his head. Give him a mug full of poison. Run him over with a minecart.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 05:53:56 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14992 on: February 19, 2018, 07:57:39 pm »

Poisoning his mead sounds like a fine solution actually. You can be a proper assassin!

Remember that killing him as a werebeast people will still know who you are, as will anyone that knows you under your current/real identity if you assume a new identity. Toady apparently hasnt handled the werebeast issue but people still recognize by appearance or something?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14993 on: February 20, 2018, 03:27:12 am »

Running into an issue with an annoyingly chill vampire.  People are aware of his condition, they just don't care, and killing him gets me branded as a murderer and run out of town.  Is there any way to convince a community that their resident military commander has murdered 250 people across three different towns and needs to die?
Wait their military commander has a kill streak of 250 in 3 different towns and that justification for his death? like who did you get the kill quest for? your most likely weakening this place defenses for say a Dwarven/goblin siege with this assassination, anyway you could just make a murder lord: An adventurer who lives in a camp that runs up and kills folks other adventurers don't want to bloodied their hands, then roleplay it as such.

edit: so jump back in on watching this feathered forgotten beast roam around and murder stuff I ended up finding a large part of a hilltop that has tamed animals, one of which was giant fat elephants.
remembering that I went a tad crazy with animal pets with civs I kinda gave the civilization a huge amount of critters they kinda always own.
some how all the blood soaked on the forgotten beast hasnt boiled off in the blazing inferno it caused and I'm starting to wonder if the beast is going to melt before killing the burned bloody beaten up giant fat elephant.

well said forgottenbeast is now striking folks with a cloak and now got 8 kills on it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 05:26:02 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14994 on: February 20, 2018, 03:42:15 pm »

Lettuce hope that something can be done about flying salads so that no tragedy like this can ever happen again.
Fucking magnificent.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14995 on: February 20, 2018, 05:25:37 pm »

so learn 2 things today, one is that you can make a roast that made of drinks,
and two you can name said roasts. I don't know what happens to these roasts when they become artifacts but it so far seem to be stable enough to hold in one hands.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14996 on: February 26, 2018, 09:03:05 pm »

So I'm not really not sure what I can do in my adventure. I have killed every single megabeast on the planet. And I have a demon tortoise girlfriend. Is there anymore bridges I can burn? I just want to kill a few ingame months so that I can see the change in ages. What can i do now? any more bridges I can burn or murder?
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #14997 on: February 26, 2018, 09:07:00 pm »

Give him a mug full of poison.

Do you have to take away all of the NPC's containers beforehand?

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14998 on: February 26, 2018, 10:02:51 pm »

So I'm not really not sure what I can do in my adventure. I have killed every single megabeast on the planet. And I have a demon tortoise girlfriend. Is there anymore bridges I can burn? I just want to kill a few ingame months so that I can see the change in ages. What can i do now? any more bridges I can burn or murder?
Hunting down a Demon Lord(s) and/or clear a Vault are basically the end game of adventure mode, assuming you have yet to do those.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14999 on: February 26, 2018, 10:07:21 pm »

Well of the two vaults one is a blind demon that died a couple hundred years ago and the other is my Tortoise Demon girlfriend. So already done that.
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.
Pages: 1 ... 998 999 [1000] 1001 1002 ... 1104