Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 968 969 [970] 971 972 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095585 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14535 on: September 30, 2017, 07:18:03 pm »

Just toppled my first temple statue. Now let's retire this bluejay man briefly to see what his curse is.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #14536 on: October 01, 2017, 08:47:26 am »

Just toppled my first temple statue. Now let's retire this bluejay man briefly to see what his curse is.

There's a better way to check, just run as quickly as you can in a random direction. Werebeasts will get tired, vampires will not. Or at least, this is true in my experience.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #14537 on: October 01, 2017, 01:22:43 pm »

Isn't it even easier? If you are vampire, you see NPC's trough walls as red ". If you are weresomething, you can't.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #14538 on: October 01, 2017, 02:23:39 pm »

Isn't it even easier? If you are vampire, you see NPC's trough walls as red ". If you are weresomething, you can't.

That relies on living creatures though. And not every village will have a lot of living nearby humans. Sure, that'll work in every world that isn't going through a bit of a crisis, but just running in a random direction works in most other scenarios.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14539 on: October 01, 2017, 03:14:54 pm »

your saying a temple that usually in one of those large population sites probably don't have any living beings to trigger the blood vision bit?
you could just look down until you see any underground critters. if you don't see any then you're a werecreature
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Nazgul

• Escaped Lunatic
  • ELF GET OUT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14540 on: October 02, 2017, 03:25:41 pm »

Speaking of vampires and empty temples.
My most recent adventurer became a vampire by toppling temple statues, it's handy to have a companion to wait outside so you know when the red 'blood vision' blip shows up.

Right after becoming a night creature I was dead set on barging into a necromancer tower and demanding I be taught the secrets of life and death but instead got caught up reading 'masterful' and 'passable' books on how the tower came to be.
And there were LOTS of books detailing the storing of every book, like you're so bored being practically immortal you write books about how you set a book down on a table? Yeah.
They had interesting names too; like wonderful works such as:
"The Storing of ____"
"Concerning Storage"
And my most favourite.
"Do you know Storage?"

After awhile I got bored of reading and found the tablet, learned what I came for, and promptly cut the head off the local necromancer named "Bil". 'Kept some of his masterful books too!

And after that I was pleased with what I'd became and learned so I started wandering around until my first vampire thirst kicked in, I crossed a river looking for some wildlife to suck dry and found a little pack of capybara, got down on all fours and used my inhuman speed to scramble across the ground like a spider up behind the chubbiest capybara thinking he'd be full of the most blood.. And I wasn't wrong..
I strangled the poor bugger until he passed out and started feeding on him over and over and over again.. until..

The little bugger started purring! I felt reverse violated and froze wondering if I should keep sucking it's blood.. I did and it kept purring, I was even more surprised when it woke up! I must have fed on it at least twenty times and it was still kicking. It drowsily tried to bite me and I panicked and tried to strangle it back asleep but my vampire strength suffocated the poor little guy and he died..

And thus concludes my most recent adventure.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14541 on: October 02, 2017, 08:58:26 pm »

One of these days I plan on one of my adventurers becoming a necromancer and raising an undead catsplosion to unleash on a hapless town somewhere.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14542 on: October 03, 2017, 04:58:09 am »

That relies on living creatures though. And not every village will have a lot of living nearby humans. Sure, that'll work in every world that isn't going through a bit of a crisis, but just running in a random direction works in most other scenarios.
Alternatively: pull up the story interface > current site > filter for cursed and it will have your entry at or near the bottom.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14543 on: October 03, 2017, 09:37:12 am »

or try to have a conversation with yourself/a god and search for "tell me more about this person." and see if your adventurer's name has a vampire title added on.
"body swapping and YOU!"

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14544 on: October 03, 2017, 11:01:04 am »

What are some examples of vampire titles? Usually something involving the night or blood I would assume

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #14545 on: October 03, 2017, 11:07:15 am »

What are some examples of vampire titles? Usually something involving the night or blood I would assume
Vampires don't have different names or titles - they're just vampires. Unlike werebeast syndromes they don't transform you into a completely different creature.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14546 on: October 03, 2017, 11:11:40 am »

Ah. Sorry, think I misunderstood what he meant by "vampire title".

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #14547 on: October 03, 2017, 02:48:01 pm »

Well, I sure had a weird emotional rollercoaster.

I started off as a killer clown, Talikil Slaughteramuse. Had to find my way out of a Nerubian fort - advfort helped since I was spawned in a part of the fort that had no exit.
Out in the wilds, I came across an ancient of war. Talked with him for a bit and asked him to join me - for some reason, he accepted. I later renamed him to Johnny Guitar...I dont know why. Appropriately enough this adventure isn't the happiest one.

Johnny had a particularly noticable temper - he'd randomly attack some denizens of the nearby Tauren civilization and be peaceful with the others. Made things somewhat difficult but that's okay - I managed to steal a steel shield and khorium flamberge and gave them to Johnny. We made a small shack out in the dunes together as a hideout for our crime spree - first we killed off the competition from nearby bandit camps, before we started raiding the hamlets of the Tauren.

Johnny's long life came to an end when we raided one of the Tauren hamlets - after fending off many of the peasants, one of them, a hunter, decapitated the big lug. I grabbed onto Johnny's favoured flamberge and slaughtered most of the inhabitants of the hamlet as revenge for my friend's death.

The retribution felt hollow, though - a loss of a friend is irreversible and no amount of bloodshed can change that. Everything felt meaningless to Talikil without ol' Johnny Guitar. Only thing left to do was end it all.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 02:57:56 pm by ZM5 »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14548 on: October 03, 2017, 04:53:30 pm »

well vampire in their name usually the game reveals this if you go and talk about folks you seen,

except when the game list your character as yourself... darn so i guess looking Directly down is probably the fastest way to check to see if your a vampire if you topple over a statue in an abandon area void of all life.
"body swapping and YOU!"

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14549 on: October 06, 2017, 05:19:17 pm »

Was looking for a criminal organization in a crypt under a town - had a promising start when I found several groups of sleeping kobolds. Squashed all their heads, of course - having a grand ol time until I bumped into a mummy who raised all of the corpses I had walked past getting there. If I weren't swamped with the walking dead I would've been lucky cause it was my companion whom he cursed for disturbing him. There was no hope, though - didn't even make it to the stairwell.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 05:45:38 pm by gnome »
Pages: 1 ... 968 969 [970] 971 972 ... 1104