Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 853 854 [855] 856 857 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2105173 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #12810 on: July 31, 2016, 05:45:31 pm »

I've seen necromancers reclaim a town before.

The Decent Speeches, a necromancer group I actually started doing quests for, based in the tower of Reincolor, which had a squad of zombie elves and dwarves hanging around outside of their tower while I was there, at some point took over Lakesruled.

Though when I retired to see where the damn Sasquatch I was told to kill was, learning it was apparently dead of old age or something (only 435 sasquatches in the world according to pops, none of them named) I also got the ability to check the population of Lakesruled.

Code: (150-05-27 sites and pops) [Select]
6: �onalith�ne, "Lakesruled", forest retreat
        Owner: The Earth of Blazing, elves
        Parent Civ: The Cloudy Roses, elves
        53 elves
        24 groundhogs
        19 lizards
        13 weasels
        26 wombats

Code: (150-09-27 sites and pops) [Select]
6: �onalith�ne, "Lakesruled", forest retreat
        Owner: The Earth of Blazing, elves
        Parent Civ: The Cloudy Roses, elves
        47 elves
        24 groundhogs
        19 lizards
        13 weasels
        26 wombats
        12 animated dwarves
        3 animated elves

I guess zombies aren't sufficient to claim the site completely, or is it because forest retreats lack the relevant site leaders to gain claim?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12811 on: July 31, 2016, 07:31:48 pm »

More likely the necromancers ethics don't encourage them to slaughter the entire population. Ignoring that such will happen as soon as a player shows up anyway.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
  • One notable kill: Himself
    • View Profile
« Reply #12812 on: July 31, 2016, 07:39:26 pm »

that's funny as I resurrected a goblin who came back missing a torso.

so this goblin adventurer is now just a floating head with limbs dangling about.
dear lord that mental image gave me the best laugh I've had in a long time
thanks for that fam
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY
A better fort for you and me!

Arthropleura

• Bay Watcher
  • Elven Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12813 on: August 01, 2016, 04:54:53 am »

So, while wandering around a campsite looking for whatever skulking vermin supposidly lurk there, my companions; Ala and Asmur, decided to entertain themselves by attacking a monitor lizard. I decide to get a few whack in myself, apparently I pressed the wrong key while on the target menu and took a swing at Ala.  Thankfully he parried it skillfully, unfortunately, Asmur proceeds to lay the smack down on Ala. A short while later, I've calmed them down but not before Ala is lying on the ground with a perforated lung and guts, a mangled leg and hand. Asmur managed to get away with nothing more than bruises.

We're now walking slowly back to town with Ala on a crutch while they gab back and forth on how much they love talking to each other.
Losing is FUN!
We are currently three turns in, and the main hall is coated in blood, intestines and random corpses. There's a huge pile of 3000 items made of human body parts in a corner and remaining members of the staff of the museum are, as I type this, being slowly choked to death by one of our adventurers.

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12814 on: August 01, 2016, 05:17:06 am »

Finally tracked down a night creature I was order to kill, after an in-game week. I expected a difficult, epic fight, even put on some music on youtube to make it better, but well, I just bisected it on the first hit.
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12815 on: August 01, 2016, 06:50:28 pm »

Started a game, trying to play as a member of a civilization that was at war in order to get in on the action by order of my superiors. Unfortunately, the only lieutenant I could start as turns out to have been a bandit's goon, not one of the militiamen lieutenants of this civ.

As a matter of fact, there are only a small handful of sites that still belong to that civ. all the ones I've visited on the eastern half are totally abandoned save the one my chieftess is making a home of. I only found a human hamlet to visit. They recognize me as a brigand, though I haven't done anything yet.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12816 on: August 01, 2016, 07:21:32 pm »

Yeah, joining bandits in any way isn't something you can get rid of from what I've seen.

those zombies living in that forest retreat were asleep when I arrived, I let them nap and headed elsewhere, got a "drive these other necromancers from their home" quest which I have no clue how to complete, killed everyone there, added dragonfire so I could burn all the zombies, still not completed.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #12817 on: August 01, 2016, 07:28:06 pm »

Started a game, trying to play as a member of a civilization that was at war in order to get in on the action by order of my superiors. Unfortunately, the only lieutenant I could start as turns out to have been a bandit's goon, not one of the militiamen lieutenants of this civ.

As a matter of fact, there are only a small handful of sites that still belong to that civ. all the ones I've visited on the eastern half are totally abandoned save the one my chieftess is making a home of. I only found a human hamlet to visit. They recognize me as a brigand, though I haven't done anything yet.

The chieftess will give you quests like a lord.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12818 on: August 01, 2016, 10:01:46 pm »

Lieutenant in DF means "Hearthperson of bandit camp or criminal organization". That's the only type there is. Gameplaywise it's the same thing.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12819 on: August 01, 2016, 11:13:56 pm »

Yeah, still I went off to a human hamlet, and when the lord wouldn't make me his hearthperson because I wasn't worthy yet I killed my companion, a fellow bandit from my starting organization, in front of him and everyone else. He then agreed to make me his hearthperson.

However, oddly despite recognizing me as a bandit, didn't recognize my killing Islo as protecting the defenseless; he was a bandit, after all.

The lord then gave me a mission to kill a vampire bat in a lair somewhere. I can't get anybody at all to tell me where to find it. It's actually not in my own list of rumors. I'm stumped...
I make Spellcrafts!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12820 on: August 01, 2016, 11:31:07 pm »

Note: becoming a lieutenant of a necromancer commander does NOT mark you as a bandit.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12821 on: August 01, 2016, 11:43:04 pm »

After shooting Oshotrul the giant leopard, Kamuk left Oshotrul's corpse to rot. If this was near the beginning of the run, he'd surely have butchered the leopard, tanned the skin, etc. for the tiny stat gain.

Kamuk's still alternating between fast and slow travel ranging/exploring, with tracking on/checking for strongest odor. Followed the tracks of a fellow dwarf westward, until it went cold.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It seemed this dwarf had turned south then east and likely ended at the shrine Kamuk had recently cleared.

There haven't been any zoom-ins during the fast travel portion, but that's just Kamuk not being on the right stretch of tile, rather than there not being anything in the area. The tracks of a goblin did lead to a dark fortress.
The lag just makes that sort of site exploration not particularly worthwhile.

He's largely been staying close to the coast or ending at the mountain range. Too much time spent ranging in any area in-between pretty much means he'd have to fight bogeymen again. They have level 9 stats which aren't an issue at this point. Kamuk has the defensive stats (lvl 13 dodger/lvl 14 shield user), but he's not at one-shot bogeymen per hit, so any fight would be time consuming with his level 4-5 axe/pick skill.

So the easiest thing to do is build a new camp: Tundrabolts.
Lilly pad leap frog is the way to go here.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 11:44:43 pm by peasant cretin »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12822 on: August 02, 2016, 12:20:42 am »

I hate how hard some of those needs are to fill.

Anybody got any easily met needs they usually pick up? I tend to just go with make merry/admire art/excitement/prayer/booze since you can tell a poem and meet the first three, talk to god for the fourth, and take a swig for the last.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12823 on: August 02, 2016, 12:34:51 am »

These are the better ones for my characters:
Think abstractly, self-examination, admire art, see animal, wander, be creative, craft object, pray.

Everything else I might mix in, but are harder to fulfill. Martial training and fight seem useful until you hit legendary, and then are awful.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12824 on: August 02, 2016, 12:37:20 am »

Cause trouble (argue) and fighting are pretty easy. Literally just have to get into an argument and punch someone. Be extravagant is also easy as you can just put on a fancy new loincloth every once in a while.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 853 854 [855] 856 857 ... 1104