Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 854 855 [856] 857 858 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2105117 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #12825 on: August 02, 2016, 12:58:01 am »

You have to be able to argue without instantly convincing anybody anything, or talk to a sleeping unit to fix cause trouble, fighting isn't difficult, but it is a pain when you're spending months building campsites becausue you don't want to keep adding corpses or worthless kills. Be extravagant and acquire new stuff are just constantly requiring more and more and more and more and more, which isn't exactly hard but it's not exactly easy to fulfill quickly.

What do you use for think abstractly/self-examination/be creative generally? Excitement should always be one, it is fulfilled by literally anything which meets another need, I think.

Oddly "See Great Beast" can be filled by talking to other people, so I think it's actually just "see hist figs" or something.

See Animals is too damn buggy, I've sat there running around past packs of animals, chasing them around, finding new animals, talking to them, killing them, all sorts of stuff.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12826 on: August 02, 2016, 02:25:08 am »

My characters read books for think abstractly/self-examination, and they craft bolts/arrows via reaction for be creative.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12827 on: August 02, 2016, 08:39:56 am »

The same book works for those two I bet, huh, didn't try those.

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12828 on: August 02, 2016, 10:46:58 am »

My travelling companion lost her whole arm to a giant wolf. We struck it down, but I didn't expect her to make it so I gave her her arm back so she could at least die whole. I expected her to die in the next fight, as I thought she would be useless with just one arm. But then this happened...

Now I will keep her and do my best to make sure such a skilled fighter survives. She's also very skilled with... coins.

Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12829 on: August 02, 2016, 11:49:36 am »

The same book works for those two I bet, huh, didn't try those.

Yup. The same book works for both think abstractly/self-examination and admire art.

I remember someone here saying admire art was fulfilled by looking at coins, but I could never get that to work. Just wasn't doing it right.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12830 on: August 02, 2016, 01:35:06 pm »

Went after a semi-megabeast at a shrine. When I got there there must have been some collapse, because the shrine was full of dust and the creature was unconscious. I waited until it woke up, it was facing the other way so didn't notice me, and then I decapitated it from behind. I am now a hero.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12831 on: August 02, 2016, 02:14:21 pm »

hmm has anyone mess with angels? do interactions work on them? like is it possible to wander in and recruit an angel?
has anyone got a bunch of angels to join them in a dance?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12832 on: August 02, 2016, 02:45:22 pm »

Checking out the raws Meph extracted, they have creature_class:GENERAL_POISON like normal living critters, so I would guess you can poison them. only if the poison cannot be resisted, because they do have maxed out disease resistance. I'd wager at least some interactions would also work on them, but keep in mind you're probably not going to improve their opinion of you; they'll still hold loyalty to their parent civ, the site's guardian entity, and it might well be that entity that regards outsiders as hostile, rather than a tag of the creature itself.

Maybe you can use an interaction/syndrome that makes them utter cowards through personality/mental attribute/emotion syndrome strings.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12833 on: August 02, 2016, 02:46:25 pm »

I thought you said angles and was expecting some sort of lovecraftian horror to result, then I saw you were talking about recruiting angels, and realized I was right.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12834 on: August 03, 2016, 01:43:23 am »

Kamuk Sootgrips' early game goal was to wander the wilds, slow travel scouting, with more attention to surroundings. I guess this has been sort of decently done. His meadering middle/late game goal is to test if legendary spear can cleave things asunder in the way the higher velocity pick and the heavier, higher contact area axe had been able to do versus sturdy mineral inorganics in other Adv Mode runs. For this purpose, he traveled to the fortress Bronzereaches to trade up for a steel spear. Somehow I doubt the 20 contact stab of the spear will do anything of the sort, so he'll also work miner since he has that steel pick.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
To make it worth Doren's time, Kamuk offers a masterwork iron shield, a +copper spear+, a decorated <<iron helm>>, and a masterwork wolfwaterskin filled with 3 dwarven rum.

Later, hunting zoom-ins via fast travel yielded the lair of an obese giant jaguar and a bit later, an unknown shrine.
Slow travel track hunting revealed only the nondescript tracks of the " variety. No specific ! tracks were found indicating critter type.

The shrine was obscured by upward slopes, so Kamuk scouted the eastward side, before swooping around to approach from the south.
The H was standing inside a pocket formed by these slopes. Kamuk approached from the west and looked for same z-level perspective to identify this titan.
Udast was made of steam and had a deadly spittle attack. Spittle is harmless, and unfortunately steam doesn't really offer much work even if you attack from the bottom of the menu upwards, one-shotting each targeted part for the XP on the way to the finish. Kamuk took the precaution of dodging away once there was any burst of steam, just in case it functioned like dragonfire. Fat melting isn't a goal for this run.

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12835 on: August 03, 2016, 04:43:29 am »

A goblin vampire and his cult desecrated my town's burial halls with their vile presence. After cutting them down, to appease the gods, I offered them a grand sacrifice.

Also, the goblins in this temple keep spawning every time I fast travel and go back there. Will they just keep appearing indefninitely, or are those the "Goblin outcasts" listed in the population?
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12836 on: August 03, 2016, 09:15:23 pm »

Checking out the raws Meph extracted, they have creature_class:GENERAL_POISON like normal living critters, so I would guess you can poison them. only if the poison cannot be resisted, because they do have maxed out disease resistance. I'd wager at least some interactions would also work on them, but keep in mind you're probably not going to improve their opinion of you; they'll still hold loyalty to their parent civ, the site's guardian entity, and it might well be that entity that regards outsiders as hostile, rather than a tag of the creature itself.

Maybe you can use an interaction/syndrome that makes them utter cowards through personality/mental attribute/emotion syndrome strings.
so this is good as playing a wagon who mostly counts as nothing in the game data probably bypasses the whole aggro bit.  I do need to find a vault and probably learn how to find one.
side idea, is it possible to smack a bogeyman so hard their body will fly far enough to reach the edge of the map before the game goes and poofs them?
that way they are unloaded when you walk the opposite direction and can be found outside of the cackling?

edit: okay it's doable infact it seems like the angels were already convinced before I got there.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 09:48:11 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12837 on: August 05, 2016, 09:36:11 am »

I decided I was going to mess around with world gen and see what worlds I could make, but before I got passed the first would I thought eh, might as well do a quick adventure, played as a rattlesnake man because why not and on day two of my adventure what do I stumble upon? A roc, I decided to fight it since I wasn't planning on continuing the adventure much longer. I had a brief fight with it before it decided to run away in terror, in the second fight it was able rip one of my arms off, after a long fight I was a talented swordsmen and the roc was dead, so was my companion that I had, tried to kill the roc himself after it was exhausted fighting me, so I killed him first.

After that I found an abandoned forest retreat and decided to give into starvation since the world I was in wasn't very interesting.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #12838 on: August 05, 2016, 04:31:27 pm »

So I just noticed something really weird when I was doing a live world test for my newest mods.
I have no idea what's going on here but uhh, why'd the slicing knife break? Especially since the commander only had one and it broke twice?

I.M. Err0r

• Bay Watcher
  • Keas are just misunderstood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12839 on: August 05, 2016, 09:24:52 pm »

I set off with my companion, a dwarven drunk, to a shrine where a tundra titan lived.  Turns out said titan was made of steam.  The drunk casually punched the titan in the neck, killing it in a burst of steam before I could even join the fight.
He's gonna have a hell of a story for his buddies back at the drinking mound.
Pages: 1 ... 854 855 [856] 857 858 ... 1104