Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2105970 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #12390 on: June 20, 2016, 05:47:49 pm »

I have seen a few soldiers in my mead hall with gauntlets and high boots. I'll take a screencap soon but uh, there's some new combat changes.

She just snapped his neck with a fucking punch. And it applies to other blunt attacks too.

"Omae wa mou shindeiru."
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #12391 on: June 20, 2016, 06:03:41 pm »

Only problem with it I noticed is the descriptions get a bit redundant - they list some types of damage more than once, i.e "the force twists the left wrist, shattering the bone and tearing the muscle and shattering the bone and tearing the muscle!".

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12392 on: June 20, 2016, 06:31:49 pm »

It might be talking about the tissues of more than one body part in that case, say hand + lower arm or maybe actually hand + wrist.

I just tried an adventure, beat up some goblin bandits in town. My clothes were worn out a bit and I actually noticed I disrobed one goblin stabbing him in the chest multiple times.

Then I got myself disrobed and my neck snapped from a blow to the head while taking on a night troll.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12393 on: June 20, 2016, 06:44:59 pm »

I got myself disrobed

a night troll

Eric confirmed for night creature spouse. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12394 on: June 20, 2016, 07:00:14 pm »

Okay got the actual proofs here that guards do wear full sets of armor.
It's supposed to apply to other blunt attacks. It's to allow copper warhammer lords to kill puny goblins with iron helmets. Punching though...ha ha? It's not inconsistent I guess. It's always been possible to punch someone hard enough to crush their brain.
I didn't think this would be applied so soon though, don't recall hearing much about it.

Yeah, I'm aware of it being possible, this is a bit more...interesting, though. The damage didn't seem to carry over much to other body parts before - notice how Saceo gets punched in the eyelid and the force of the blow goes to the rest of his head, snapping the neck.
It's most of the point of this release (plus bug fixes). Enemies come with armor so a way of preventing everlasting copper hammer vs iron helmet fights had be be made. Step 1: Have heavy blows effect nearby joints (what you're seeing here). Step 2: Have armour get damaged. Step 3: Allow ai to remove helmets from unconscious foes.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 07:03:05 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12395 on: June 20, 2016, 07:46:28 pm »

I'm starting to feel like I did with trying to find an unsealed library after 42.01 hit. Multiple sites in a 300 year old world checked, still no limb armoring.

Possible jackpot.
Code: [Select]
773: Mifavaicori, "Blazesiron", camp
        Owner: The Severe Poetry, elves
        Parent Civ: The Gale of Raining, elves
        492 elves
        55 goblins
        110 dwarves
        6 humans
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 07:50:45 pm by Max™ »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12396 on: June 20, 2016, 07:54:50 pm »

Where I'll have to test and see how bad combat damage is against dragon scale armor. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12397 on: June 20, 2016, 08:24:29 pm »

Here's to hoping that armor level means something now for leather armor. Well, maybe not so much for edge...

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12398 on: June 20, 2016, 09:40:49 pm »

Here's to hoping that armor level means something now for leather armor. Well, maybe not so much for edge...

Already seem leather helms kinda falter under even a shitty copper sword. Okay, it was a copper TWO-HANDED sword, but still. >.>
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12399 on: June 20, 2016, 10:10:11 pm »

oh hi wait this game has combat stripping now.
wonder if toady made it possible to repair your clothes.
so uhh rolled up an elephantman for murdering folks by punching their necks off.
looks like  I can possibly just snap necks by sneak up and apply chokeholds now.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12400 on: June 20, 2016, 10:42:56 pm »

Yeah, hopefully that'll make wild beasts more dangerous. Picked up, shaken, neck broken, eaten. Maybe war-dogs too. That would be nice

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12401 on: June 20, 2016, 11:04:46 pm »

wonder if toady made it possible to repair your clothes.

Nope. More reason for my to shameless plug my mod. >.o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12402 on: June 21, 2016, 12:42:14 am »

Found a general imports shop that sells grown grizzly bear bone crafts.

This is some funky shit. Like, does the figurine form from the bear's femur while it's still in the body? If I cut their bears open would all their ribs come in the shape of little figurines? Do toys just fall out of them like twisted blood-filled pinatas? Do you transmogrify it after butchering the animal but before the tissue dies? Does the finished product sprout from its head like a horn? Does it poop bits of bone tumors?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Redman the Communist

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:LIGHT] [SPHERE:HEALING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12403 on: June 21, 2016, 12:54:35 am »

So I was playing the Trashworld mod that I downloaded off the forums, and was having a pretty good time as a psychopath dual wielding sledgehammers, wandering the wastes. Until I came across a group of bandits, specifically I wanted to kill the leader, so I engaged in glorious combat! This was a very bad idea and I ended up losing all my limbs in the process... BUT I WASN'T DONE YET, DAMMIT!

I began to bite her hands until they lost all control, and then bit her legs, then I proceeded to bite at her neck until she BLED TO DEATH. All her little buddies ran away in fear as I screamed at them about my victory in battle. He lost everything, but gained a new name: THE MOUTH THAT SURVIVED.
A light cannot fade by darkness
it will shine even in the darkest corners of the world.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12404 on: June 21, 2016, 01:06:48 am »

Use [img width=450] to give a clickable thumbnail type image.

So I removed mittens and socks and such, figuring maybe that would force gauntlets and whatnot to show up on hearthperson soldiers... nope.
Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 1104