Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 716 717 [718] 719 720 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102129 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10755 on: February 21, 2016, 07:52:51 pm »

While I was picking through my companions repertoires to double-check whether they had a form one of my improvisational forms relies on (because that shit doesn't automatically transfer this version!) I noticed the Poet is able to compose for dance forms that she doesn't have any examples of. So I had everyone drop their gear, including me, and wait on standby while I had her compose examples for them all. It turns out they all rely on the same musical form that uses the same lame poetic form. Spires of Hell, what the hell is wrong with you?! You're all immortal, so how many poems about retirement do you fucking need?! Maybe they just compose what their audience wants, and their audience is unfortunately my pathetic ex-civ. Not anymore; I'm taking this show on the road and not looking back.

I still haven't found any devotional forms for my deity, and I haven't been able to create one myself. I'm finding decent forms for a goddess of thralldom, which should be the most evil goddess to my founding civ. The value of independence is pretty much their hat, and I can pick an argument just by suggesting there are nuances to it. Maybe I should worship her. Thralldom isn't necessarily my thralldom, I mean, someone has to be the enthraller. Maybe that's why she's called the Fog of Standards: she enthralls minds so the double-standard is shrouded in fog. Independence for me, not for you!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10756 on: February 21, 2016, 11:15:27 pm »

So I started an adventure in the new version. Killed an emu and decided to carve the bones into some neat new things. Discovered the menu for creating your own new image. The game randomly gave it the title "The Evil Incineration" so this is what I came up with:

I'm honestly surprised how complex you could make an image. You might even be able to tell a story exclusively through characters and associations this way.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10757 on: February 22, 2016, 01:35:57 am »

I started a different adventure with an adventurer that is a hearthperson (by accident) I decided to just go with it and asked my lady for some hearthpersony job, surprisingly there is a job for me, a vampire needs to be killed, after a long rage filled time I was able to kill him. (he kept running from me the coward)

After telling my lady of my accomplishment I asked for another job, another one was available! a few more jobs were completed such as giant jaguar giant dingos and a few night trolls. I'm enjoying this, very much so. Sadly in the end I died in a region so hot that it I burned up and bled to death. It was inevitable.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10758 on: February 22, 2016, 03:39:14 am »

So I started an adventure in the new version. Killed an emu and decided to carve the bones into some neat new things. Discovered the menu for creating your own new image. The game randomly gave it the title "The Evil Incineration" so this is what I came up with:

I'm honestly surprised how complex you could make an image. You might even be able to tell a story exclusively through characters and associations this way.

Moral of the story: Don't mess with the leopard woman.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10759 on: February 22, 2016, 03:44:15 am »

Now I'm wondering the best way to imply lewd things with figurines. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10760 on: February 22, 2016, 07:25:45 am »

Well, it seems that I wasted my skill points in Stringed Instrument, cause nobody in this region of the world has any musical forms that work for the instrument I spawned with, nor can I make a form for it. Guess I'll have to go murder Elven Civs until I find the right instrument in their Taverns hope I chance upon one in my journey.

I spawned in a small house with only a single occupant, so I decided to make them my first murder victim. Went very messily, and started out as a long awkward series of us parrying each-other with our Knives, and my Large Bronze Knife somehow not being able to penetrate his Toga on occasion. I grabbed the Knife from him so that he couldn't Parry me, but that prompted him to run for the door, so I took out one of his legs. Blood got everywhere in and directly outside the cabin, and I had no idea how I was gonna clean this up.

After taking care of him, I licked off the blood, sacked his corpse, and disposed of it in the woods (funnily enough, a rain happened partway through his funeral pyre, so i had to start over). I come back to the cabin and... the blood is gone? I'm not sure if the rain somehow got inside his house and cleaned all the floors and walls, or if clean up like that is just a part of areas unloading. Regardless, I take his clothes for some extra layers, grab his coin purse, and move onto the Mead Hall. Lacking the Instrument I was hoping to use, I instead have to rely on the only other musical form my character is skilled in, that being chanting.

I chant well enough to be invited as a performer... and realize that performers don't seem to have any jobs or requests. Huh... guess it's time for me to spend half my days traipsing around towns, barging into people's houses, and chant as loudly as possible until I become famous for it.

Had a close encounter with what I can only assume were Bandits. I saw the * creep onto the screen before I could get away, and got the old "you feel uneasy" message. I booked it in the opposite direction until I could (T)ravel again, and didn't so much as glimpse a g or U. Killer Commoner Bard lives another day.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 07:28:21 am by Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser »

Alestance

• Bay Watcher
  • [VILLAINOUS_THEMATIC: LIGHTBULBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10761 on: February 22, 2016, 09:02:01 am »

Impaling?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10762 on: February 22, 2016, 09:07:23 am »

Noticed some strange things with my character after giving up control for 1 1/2 days. First, the old lady and the Dwarf played some fiddly shit with my values, so I had to find a sleeping Tavern Keeper to rearrange them to my liking. But now I have the "Hear eloquence" need, which can be satisfied just by talking with the Poet, and the "Uphold tradition" need, which can be satisfied by performing any improvisational form, be it poetry, music or dance, be it devotional, commemorative, military or entertainment. These aren't a problem, but now I have 22 needs to keep on top of:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's what "Focused!" looks like, but I wonder how many more of these I can handle.

Second thing I noticed was that the quality modifiers on all the armor and jewelry I was wearing randomized, and random adornments added to items I crafted myself. Where did all this red diamond come from? All my metal armor was excellent quality, and now it's all downgraded except a single boot (and I hate wearing mismatched boots!) and adorned. But my dagger upgraded from standard to superior, and my aquamarine and black bronze bracelets upgraded base quality to masterwork and improved adornment qualities. The stuff I crafted, bloodthorn shield, adamantine backpack and quiver, two leather waterskins, all remained masterwork quality but received adornments. In all I got an increase in total value, but not in total utility. I should equip my steel pick if I ever do this again, because the quality can only improve.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10763 on: February 22, 2016, 12:38:30 pm »

Impaling?

« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 12:40:18 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10764 on: February 22, 2016, 01:05:38 pm »

Impaling?

Spoiler: NSFW (click to show/hide)
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10765 on: February 22, 2016, 01:20:07 pm »

Noticed some strange things with my character after giving up control for 1 1/2 days. First, the old lady and the Dwarf played some fiddly shit with my values, so I had to find a sleeping Tavern Keeper to rearrange them to my liking. But now I have the "Hear eloquence" need, which can be satisfied just by talking with the Poet, and the "Uphold tradition" need, which can be satisfied by performing any improvisational form, be it poetry, music or dance, be it devotional, commemorative, military or entertainment. These aren't a problem, but now I have 22 needs to keep on top of:

That's what "Focused!" looks like, but I wonder how many more of these I can handle.

Second thing I noticed was that the quality modifiers on all the armor and jewelry I was wearing randomized, and random adornments added to items I crafted myself. Where did all this red diamond come from? All my metal armor was excellent quality, and now it's all downgraded except a single boot (and I hate wearing mismatched boots!) and adorned. But my dagger upgraded from standard to superior, and my aquamarine and black bronze bracelets upgraded base quality to masterwork and improved adornment qualities. The stuff I crafted, bloodthorn shield, adamantine backpack and quiver, two leather waterskins, all remained masterwork quality but received adornments. In all I got an increase in total value, but not in total utility. I should equip my steel pick if I ever do this again, because the quality can only improve.
Technically if you had masterwork gear that is now showing as no quality, check with dfhack, it should be artifact quality.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10766 on: February 22, 2016, 01:29:28 pm »

Oh that is a hilarious image, but some of the more amusing parts of that don't exist. However, some of the available image actions allow for much worse than that.

And I seriously just hit random name until something hilariously inappropriate was picked.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10767 on: February 22, 2016, 02:52:33 pm »

Oh that is a hilarious image, but some of the more amusing parts of that don't exist. However, some of the available image actions allow for much worse than that.

And I seriously just hit random name until something hilariously inappropriate was picked.

I see nothing wrong with it. Funny, yes but also lovely (going by what is implied).
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10768 on: February 22, 2016, 02:55:49 pm »

Technically if you had masterwork gear that is now showing as no quality, check with dfhack, it should be artifact quality.
No, none of my masterwork equipment lost their masterwork quality. And I'm dead positive that the stuff I crafted myself wasn't adorned, as adv-fort is buggy in adding those, yet every one of them is now encrusted with gems or bristling with spikes.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10769 on: February 22, 2016, 03:02:06 pm »

I see nothing wrong with it. Funny, yes but also lovely (going by what is implied).

Be lucky I didn't make it even weirder. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 716 717 [718] 719 720 ... 1104