Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 703 704 [705] 706 707 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102701 times)

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10560 on: February 12, 2016, 12:45:02 pm »

Am I the only one who finds the whole descriptor update rather surreal? I see what Toady's trying to do, but I don't think it makes the intended effect.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10561 on: February 12, 2016, 01:01:05 pm »

(nevermind. This post should be deleted.)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 05:02:08 pm by Tilogour »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #10562 on: February 12, 2016, 01:11:10 pm »

Am I the only one who finds the whole descriptor update rather surreal? I see what Toady's trying to do, but I don't think it makes the intended effect.

Think it could be something to do with the ability to make objects cower in a fetal position or look terrified.

Or have images of a dwarf cooking 6000000 hamsters. Or, most unrealistically, dwarves embracing elves.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10563 on: February 12, 2016, 01:19:55 pm »

Think it could be something to do with the ability to make objects cower in a fetal position or look terrified.

Or have images of a dwarf cooking 6000000 hamsters. Or, most unrealistically, dwarves embracing elves.
No, I love that bit, absurd as it is. It's the whole "fat-dwarf, thin dwarf bit")
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10564 on: February 12, 2016, 01:22:47 pm »

need to see if BEDS are an object you can slap in description.
oh wait looks like Toady one made it so you can't even Craft out of sentient bones
MAN what bummer.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10565 on: February 12, 2016, 04:38:03 pm »

I killed over 350 Goblins, Trolls, and Beak dogs today. It was not satisfying.

A grand total of 4 irl hours was spent getting into, exploring, and getting out of a Dark Fortress, most of that time being exacerbated by the immense lag of dozens of Goblins having 30 conversations at the same time, while constantly running away from the skinless/burned Elephant Man drenched head-to-toe in Goblin and Troll blood massacring their population, then immediately forgetting about him after getting a room away, and all flooding back into the Slade Tower, completely oblivious to the literal trail of corpses in their way, wash, rinse, repeat. I feel like they knew their was no way to stop me, so they decided to instead annoy me to death with intense lag and multiple pages of conversations to (Space) through.

The Clown overlord was a gigantic Scaly Mouse with Venomous fangs. I told him my name, just so that he knew the name of the one who banished him back to whence he came. I then threw the Goblin Lord hard enough into the wall to make his head explode, and proceeded to use his corpse as a Bludgeon to kill everything I came across on the way back out. It now has 221 kills, and brought me from Adequate to Professional in Misc Object User.

I think I'm gonna take a break now... a long... long... break...

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #10566 on: February 12, 2016, 04:39:24 pm »

I CANNA' BELIEV IT!!!!!!

I KILLED A GREAT BEAST

AND THEY WERE THANKFUL

SRSLY I HAVE THEIR THANKS

I AM ON THE HYPE TRAIN

ONE OF THE THREE BIGGEST PROBLEMS ABOUT ADV MODE

FIXED!!!!!!!!!!1111one1

((In case you can't tell, I am currently screaming under my breath in excitement. Now I can RP as a monster hunter!)
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10567 on: February 12, 2016, 05:00:14 pm »

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #10568 on: February 12, 2016, 05:10:48 pm »

Hahaha, you blinded him and he's just chatting.

I think I found a bug. There's a bridge over a river in a small canyon, and it's lower on the cliff than either side of the river. On one side there's a ramp leading up to the ground level, but not on mine. I'd better trust to my climbing and swimming skills to get across. Perhaps I can RP it off as a broken bridge. Yeah, that sounds neat!

DF: It's not a bug, it's a feature.

-------

Tonight Esmin Irkagospo sleeps in the hillock-dwarves' civic mound. "The dwarves here are so peaceful and quaint," she thought to herself. The first time she walked into a hillock, the dwarves saw such a large woman carrying such a large copper hammer and jumped back, clutching each other. It was rather easy to explain, though, when she showed them Romnuspugkad Stusmexetkuk's skull and teeth, and told them she was a monster hunter. They were proud to have such a promising monster hunter in their hillocks, and glad that they would be safe that night.

After a meal of giant wolf meat, washed down with brook water and a swig of ale a dwarf gave her, she took off her pack and took out a crude leather bedroll. She laid down on it, tired after such a grueling hike, but it was important. She had to find the vampire in the town of Bengelrakfil, a few days from her home, and kill it. Its name? Lastret Workertick. Makes sense, vampires are like ticks in a way. In the morning, she would set off and arrive at Bengelrakfil before noon, and explain her duty to the lord there. Hopefully there'd be a tavern there for her to relax after her search... She dozed off slowly, hearing the soft chatter of the dwarves in the nearby drinking mound and the snores of Cadem, her lifelong friend and a spearwoman.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 05:26:39 pm by jwoodward48df »
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10569 on: February 12, 2016, 05:32:22 pm »

It's a poor joke, but still...

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10570 on: February 12, 2016, 05:36:57 pm »

It's a poor joke, but still...

He was seeing you with his heart, that good gobbo.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #10571 on: February 12, 2016, 05:39:56 pm »

THE ADVENTURES OF THE HAMMERWOMAN ESMIN IRKAGOSPO:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

WTF just happened? I can RP and BS it all I want, but that is a very bad bug. Is it because I technically started hostilities? Is there any workaround?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 06:03:41 pm by jwoodward48df »
Sigtext!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10572 on: February 12, 2016, 06:38:32 pm »

so way back in 05 during my month leave I was trying to fix the whole Dwarf transforming into cat mod I made by giving cats the abililty to transform back
what ended up is Dwarves transform into cats and try to transform back to dwarves, the silver lining in this is that cats have the same problem so I ran a fort trying to get an dwarf adventurer to have a cat child who would transform into a dwarf.
what I got was a bunch of random dwarfcats (dwarves turn cat) birthing CatDwarves(Cats turn dwarves) I think it's because since those dwarves where transformed as Cats they can only give birth to cats, thus those cats can transform into dwarves.
which means one could evolve a creature from one race to another by breeding the next evolution chain.
that said what I didn't expect was all those dwarf children being born 11 years old out of the cats womb.
so playing an Goblin name Crazy catlady as leader of the fort that transformed dwarves and humans alike into cats, who later transform into dwarves meant all these cats could be humans or dwarves and their kids could end up with Dwarf/human genetics when crossing over to Dwarven state never did get those dwarf kids to grow up before 06 drop.
playing Fort mode with a single goblin adventurer is pretty fun and wonder if different fort mode challenges can be done like hermit fort cavern only where you retire an adventurer into a fort UNDERGROUND while the dwarves up top haven't breech the soil and try to survive with one adventurer civ member.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10573 on: February 12, 2016, 07:12:19 pm »

Made an elf outsider, checked the local mead hall and got a masterwork steel spear, some gauntlets and boots, not masterwork but still steel, so that's nice, finished gearing up some and headed out. Beat up some bandits, ran over a bunch with a minecart.

Rode the minecart off into the sunset, was hauling ass pretty good, skipped over a river, saw a hill coming up but couldn't jump off fast enough, ramped the first one, then I'm unconscious on a hill.

Wake up with a broken arm, go grab my cart and travel to heal, drop back out and keep riding some more til the ground got too hilly.

Headed to the big town nearby, stored my minecart in the keep and told the lady about the bandits I'd beat up, plus the ones murdercart had claimed.

She still said there was no room for me so I waited til people fell asleep and let loose the murdercart.

Despite that she still had no room, and I ended up accidentally killing her.

Claimed the site after getting hearthed at a nearby hamlet, gathered some hearthpeople and gave the position to one, asked for a duty, got told to go find the dragon werebeast living in the sewers somewhere... bleh.

Headed south to find a hamlet with a dragon in it, came in, started stabbing at it when it grabs my arm... tried to whack it with my shield and dodge away and next thing I know I'm on fire.

Tried to escape so I could travel away.

Ended up coming back later with a goblin I geared up and hacked at the bastardlizard while it was asleep until it died, butchered my elfgirl's body and grabbed her skull, geared myself up in dragonbone and left to find more adventure!

Oh, forgot this, The Whimsical Glories of Trampling:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 07:15:17 pm by Max™ »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10574 on: February 12, 2016, 08:02:11 pm »

I CANNA' BELIEV IT!!!!!!

I KILLED A GREAT BEAST

AND THEY WERE THANKFUL

SRSLY I HAVE THEIR THANKS

I AM ON THE HYPE TRAIN

ONE OF THE THREE BIGGEST PROBLEMS ABOUT ADV MODE

FIXED!!!!!!!!!!1111one1

((In case you can't tell, I am currently screaming under my breath in excitement. Now I can RP as a monster hunter!)

Even derpy little gremlins are grateful when you brag about megabeast kills. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 703 704 [705] 706 707 ... 1104