Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104442 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10035 on: January 01, 2016, 11:55:39 am »

I haven't figured out how to make new forms from scratch yet, but the groundwork is in place when we get a stable dfhack.

Unsurprisingly they're under df.global.world.dance_forms and one of the entries lists the entity number which made them.

Still not sure exactly where the list that stores the ones YOU know are at yet... but I digress.

Wagon men are a really fucking impressive bit of fuckery you just did there, seriously kudos on that.

I am afraid I have one-upped you though.

My early attempts at doing this ended up with the game crashing, but I found as long as you simply insert the cage general_ref_contained_in_itemst and mug general_ref_contains_itemst properly then just untoggle the caged flag in the unit you can in fact give them a mug which contains a cage WHICH THEY ARE CONTAINED WITHIN

IT DID NOT CRASH... THEY WERE STANDING BETWEEN THE BOOK AND I... AND THEN

THEY
WERE
GONE!

good job I mean the only way that would crash is if you put yourself in a cup and still have yourself in your inventory.

in wagon news. Being a wagon is alot like being a ghost.
the lack of attack options means no one can hurt you, lack of attack options also mean you can't hurt them.
which means you can have conversations with them.
or if you're wolves follow you out of confusion of a moving wooden living cart.

like  I guess trading out a hammerlady for a pack of wolves is a fair trade.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10036 on: January 01, 2016, 12:10:22 pm »

That's really cute in a warped sort of fucked up way.

"Are you our momma now?"

'[WAGON_NOISES]'

Now I must figure out how to get a wagon in a mug... still can't get myself drank... drunk... drinkeded... ingested, without the game crashing out.

Normally when you die there is still something left... what happens if you get atom-smashed in adventurer mode?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 12:12:36 pm by Max™ »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10037 on: January 01, 2016, 12:26:49 pm »

That's really cute in a warped sort of fucked up way.

"Are you our momma now?"

'[WAGON_NOISES]'

Now I must figure out how to get a wagon in a mug... still can't get myself drank... drunk... drinkeded... ingested, without the game crashing out.

Normally when you die there is still something left... what happens if you get atom-smashed in adventurer mode?
since adventure mode is just fort mode with moving boundaries I say the same thing.
you might have to dip into fort mode to summon a sentient wagon then retire the place, then wander to the area in adventure mode dfhack a wagon into a cup then serve it to yourself via bodyswap... or just give a cup of a wagon to someone.
that said.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

okay so uhh if I can dan...bard-recruit this mummy now we got some power.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 12:48:24 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10038 on: January 01, 2016, 12:56:25 pm »

More titan meat, but what the shit should I do with it? I can't micturate it because I'm all out of teeth. Without cooking the nutritional bioavalibility is so low I'd benefit as much by stuffing it directly up my ass.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10039 on: January 01, 2016, 01:39:03 pm »

...wagon adventurers. Sweet zombie Jesus, id I see that right?

"You have been scuttled."
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10040 on: January 01, 2016, 01:48:46 pm »

...wagon adventurers. Sweet zombie Jesus, id I see that right?

"You have been scuttled."
wagon-man adventurers.
I haven't tested what a normal wagon would do. but considering how they seem to survive in adventure mode when you visit them.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10041 on: January 01, 2016, 01:51:09 pm »

That moment when you realize you will never be able to find out if having someone drink you as a wagon results in "you have been scuttled in a cage" or "you have died in a cage" messages since it crashes no matter what I try.

I did learn that you can recover saves with gm-editor through damn near anything if it at least loads up the world part way so you can step it forwards until you can reach in and fix whatever you screwed up. Don't leave loose contains_unit/contained_in_item references pointing to yourself while saving...

Ah well.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10042 on: January 01, 2016, 02:22:11 pm »

Meanwhile in wagon country I recruited 7 lackies to join me on an journey. I realize the wagon's fate of watching and not doing, as it practice up on telling tales of heroes and murderers.

welp all those guys got killed when I wandered into a necro tower.
then ask a necromancer hey wanna join my bard band.
so now it's this.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 03:34:30 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10043 on: January 01, 2016, 04:51:00 pm »

So we've gone from horse adventurers to library bloodbaths to naked poets to mug-based vore shenanigans to wagon adventurers. It has come full circle.

.42.XX. Game of The Year.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10044 on: January 01, 2016, 05:44:40 pm »

This bandit ambushed me and started arguing the nuances of merriment with me. I insisted he be merry, and after I took his weapon and threw him on his ass, he came around to my way of thinking, and yielded. I bid good day and left. Then he ambushed again and lectured me about the value of tranquility. I begged to differ until he begged, too. "Help me!" he screamed. Asshole attacked me and I hadn't hit him even once, wtf is he begging for help for?! I decided to make the conversation final and strangled his pathetic ass.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10045 on: January 01, 2016, 07:43:18 pm »

Urgh. Spear isn't very good against undead. Unarmed isn't that much better. I got a knife from one after a marathon battle, but I'm still trapped in this room, separated from freedom by the zombie horde that swallowed my companion. That one fight took way more time and energy than it should have, but at least I mastered armor and shield use. I have plenty of food and booze to lure these guys out for one on one battles. My body aches just thinking about it. I don't want to die here. I know the cheap way to get rid of them, but I don't want to do it. I can't. I have to face them. My resolve shall be as firm as the silver in my hand. They will all be laid to rest, and I will outlive them.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10046 on: January 01, 2016, 08:05:34 pm »

Goddamit the cheap way didn't work. So. Let's take stock of my survival inventory. I've got 21 portions of hydra meat, amaranth beer and river spirits. I've got an iron spear, a silver knife, a masterwork crutch, and my bare hands. Oh, and I've got a decent tower-cap shield. Between me and the exit to this tomb are 34 zombies. I could probably barge my way through some of them, but I really need to thin this herd to have a decent shot at it.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10047 on: January 01, 2016, 08:16:21 pm »

No one could look at my face without fear unless they were inured to terror. That is how terrifying my face has become. So there goes my pop star career.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10048 on: January 01, 2016, 08:31:35 pm »

So we've gone from horse adventurers to library bloodbaths to naked poets to mug-based vore shenanigans to wagon adventurers. It has come full circle.

.42.XX. Game of The Year.
spent a good amount of hours watching bogeymen wrestle Tower zombies as a wagon.
Best time of my wagon life. would do that again if it wasn't for the whole Zombie getting nerfed means the idea of bogeymen fighting tower zombies gonna be a thing of the past.
also the whole bit about zombies using guns is great because before I notice that I thought bogeymen might have a winning chance at this.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10049 on: January 01, 2016, 08:59:59 pm »

Problem: no matter what tweaks I made I remain unable to make a wagon man capable of ordinary physical attacks/grabs/etc. I can make them equip armor, use backpacks, weapons, etc... but no trundling into people.

Solution: MINECARTS!
Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 1104