Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2105306 times)

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9525 on: December 17, 2015, 09:46:16 pm »

Someone should find out, I'm really curious about this.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9526 on: December 17, 2015, 09:59:02 pm »

After finally reaching the gate to the underworld after a long and winding path of suspense...more of that labyrinth horseshit to wear down any enthusiasm you might have had for finding it. Wth is that about? Oh, and when I took a nap before going out amongst the brimstone, I awoke on top of the slade fortress. Rappelled back down to find everything had reshuffled, so I had to find the whole tedious path again.

This is the Hidden Unfun Shit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9527 on: December 17, 2015, 10:00:37 pm »

the thing is it's a interaction for the mug to scoop anything out of the barrel.
the thing is about this is the word Anything, and barrel.
if it can fit into a barrel it can be scooped out into a mug/cup/goblet
now if someone find some forgotten beasts and grab some of their extract that's when we start brewing fun.
oh and evil bog dust.
this is great for thinking up new names for drinks or thinking creatively.

grab a bag of severed heads, and a pitchblende throne. and serve it with a side of fish.

grab a book(copy if you want to keep one around), mix as many color liquids you can find 7 different would be enough.

grab a minecart full of water, one of magma cram both into a barrel Serve naturally.

this one tricky, get yourself a bogeyman, demon, angel corpse, mix in some dwarf tears(find away to harvest Dwarf tears or buy it at a store).

Milk , and a stack of 50 or more bones top it off by using a skull cup.

topple over several statues in a temple, mix in any of your now tainted blood.

grab a blizzardman corpse, then add some water and mix that with herbal leaves.

cram several moon snails into a cup, then add salt, best served over a roasted goat.

this is a good update for Bar tending.

After finally reaching the gate to the underworld after a long and winding path of suspense...more of that labyrinth horseshit to wear down any enthusiasm you might have had for finding it. Wth is that about? Oh, and when I took a nap before going out amongst the brimstone, I awoke on top of the slade fortress. Rappelled back down to find everything had reshuffled, so I had to find the whole tedious path again.

This is the Hidden Unfun Shit.
fun fact about hell if there's a tunnel nearby you can technically fast travel from that point and you will escape hell in that manner.
hell is technically apart of the caverns and not a third world map.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 10:03:13 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9528 on: December 17, 2015, 11:08:33 pm »

the thing is it's a interaction for the mug to scoop anything out of the barrel.
the thing is about this is the word Anything, and barrel.
if it can fit into a barrel it can be scooped out into a mug/cup/goblet
now if someone find some forgotten beasts and grab some of their extract that's when we start brewing fun.
oh and evil bog dust.
-snip-
Not just barrels, bags work too.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #9529 on: December 17, 2015, 11:25:28 pm »

What art was that? The skull goblets?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!
« Reply #9530 on: December 17, 2015, 11:38:34 pm »

I am having the greatest first 20 minutes of a game ever.

I started off a new human after immediately failing as a Panda man on an island of elves, and right away there's a fight going on between my kinsmen at the keep and a Goblin dancer, who apparently stole some books from the library. He tried to flee, but I sprinted after him, grabbed him by the neck and held him down while the guards caught up and killed him. They left the books, so I took them and noticed a child just standing next to me. I went to talk to him and noticed he was my ally; an actual companion. Apparently, I started with a son who is following me on my adventures.

Pic: http://i.imgur.com/0vuGjOy.png

Save: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11504
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 11:48:43 pm by TheCoolSideofthePIllow »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9531 on: December 17, 2015, 11:48:26 pm »

What art was that? The skull goblets?
Yar, the goblets keep the skull reaction class so I can redo them until I get masterworks, which get destroyed when... drunk.

The ally thing just means you were fighting on the same side.

I saw it a lot when I was weremammoth-ing a town, I'd bite people and travel away then return to see who all turned, the other weremammoths who were attacking humans were listed as my allies, us vs them and all.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9532 on: December 17, 2015, 11:52:36 pm »

Aw boo, spoil the fun.

Go home and be a family man dwarf. *Guile's theme ensues*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9533 on: December 17, 2015, 11:58:07 pm »

If Armok himself could fit in a mug, he would be drank. o3o
I have done what I swore an oath to never do again.

I have made a thing that drinks people.

It is without any pride that I say this is my finest work, and should you meet god on the road... god will be drank.

Giant. Sperm. Whale. Corpse.
Nobody's saying wagons, but I'm certainly thinking it loudly.

Edit: Wasn't there a script (by Rumrusher?) for putting gods in a body? I think we'll have to wait for DF hack, though.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 12:03:33 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9534 on: December 18, 2015, 12:21:45 am »

AHHHHight got ripped off; the door is gone. Same bug as last version, when I had to use adv-fort to cut a path. But this is the first time I actually witnessed the doorway.

I wonder what happened to that Dwarven Bard I passed by on the way down, who was heading there before me. I asked where he was travelling, he said 'to Nightmarelord to look for work'. Well, we're in Nightmarelord, but I doubt the Meeting Hall is this way. There ain't no stills where we're going, and there's a reason for that.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9535 on: December 18, 2015, 01:29:28 am »

So. I've ried shuggling around various combinations of the [LIQUID_MISC_PLANT] and [ALCOHOL_PLANT] tokens, and it seems the local lord won't drink no mater what, nor will random peasants in their homes. However, at a tavern...turns out I was wrong. It doesn't matter if the liquid has [LIQUID_MISC_PLANT] in place of [ALCOHOL_PLANT].

Now to finally see how the effects play out over time.

EDIT: Well that was a disappointment. No crazy hostility? I might need to look into using alcohol's new personality adjusters.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 01:47:05 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9536 on: December 18, 2015, 01:53:52 am »

It is without any pride that I say this is my finest work, and should you meet god on the road... god will be drank.

Giant. Sperm. Whale. Corpse.
Nobody's saying wagons, but I'm certainly thinking it loudly.

Edit: Wasn't there a script (by Rumrusher?) for putting gods in a body? I think we'll have to wait for DF hack, though.
less script more so poking around with gm-editor.
also the whole thing work more so due to past DFs those peasents who you didn't talk to have no historical records attached which means you could slap a god historical id on top of them. now a days these guys will talk to anyone thus kinda harder to imprint a god also on top of getting a god out of either a dragon or forgotten beast Historical ID is like finding a name in a phonebook.
fun fact if you imprint the god your character worships, in an attempt to talk to said god you go straight to the body their inhabiting.
hmm if someone could find the raw for mugs and cups we could stick drinks into those mugs that go past the liquid cap limit of 3.
"body swapping and YOU!"

FunkyBomb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9537 on: December 18, 2015, 02:24:23 am »

An adventurer goes to extreme lengths to combat osteoporosis.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9538 on: December 18, 2015, 08:49:58 am »

I just realize we can serve vermin in cups to people.
Live Vermin to people.
Living rats, Spiders, modded in leperchans.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9539 on: December 18, 2015, 09:21:19 am »

I just realize we can serve vermin in cups to people.
Live Vermin to people.
Living rats, Spiders, modded in leperchans.

OH SURE, BECAUSE GIVING SOMEONE A GLASS OF CAGES AND SKELETONS AND MUGS AND CLOTHING WASN'T COOL ENOUGH, YOU JUST HAVE TO ONE-UP ME BY POINTING OUT I AM TOO NICE TO THINK OF TRYING TO STICK A RAT IN THE MIX...

You know, you try so hard to do something really fucked up to a little npc and this is the thanks you get?

*runs off sobbing*
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 1104