Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 603 604 [605] 606 607 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096190 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9060 on: December 06, 2015, 06:49:03 am »

one of these days someone going to post that they stop someone trying to kill them by performing a song causing their attackers to join in the performance.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9061 on: December 06, 2015, 07:02:37 am »

I already put off a mugging by goblins by telling them poems and arguing :P
One wheel short of a wagon

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #9062 on: December 06, 2015, 09:22:05 am »

Hmm, is sleeping in tavern rooms causing crashes for anyone else?

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #9063 on: December 06, 2015, 10:15:28 am »

Yup, don't do that. You can sleep in the main tavern room though, that's safe.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9064 on: December 06, 2015, 10:37:15 am »

I have become lord of a small Hamlet which also happens to be the capital of my civ. After Killing 3 Law-Givers while trying to make them pay homage to me,  I'm asking myself If it is even possible.
Is it possible to make a Law-Giver/King pay homage to you, or to even become a ruler of a civ?
Yeah, avoid sleeping on the second floor. You can just sleep on the first one, I think
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 10:49:36 am by Noel.se »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9065 on: December 06, 2015, 11:05:55 am »

So far I've never succeeded at getting a law-giver to pay me tribute. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
  • the Awe-Inspiring Distraction
    • View Profile
« Reply #9066 on: December 06, 2015, 12:18:33 pm »

Made an elephant seal man who basically just wandered around punching people in the face so hard that they went flying and exploded in gore. Then became an elephant seal man vampire. It was awesome until my companions ran away and the bogeymen got me. It was ironic since my character would rave about how friendship was the most important trait in the world while everyone rolled their eyes around him.

I guess he was right. :'(
Like my story of Vanod wandering through Monster Island?

Please vote for it to be included in the Hall of Legends!

And please enjoy my grumpy guest appearance (Enir Twigappears) in the awesome The Littlest Cheesemaker story by evictedSaint!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9067 on: December 06, 2015, 12:23:13 pm »

Well. Time to see if I can mod in an interaction aside from necromancy that won't get lost to the ages. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9068 on: December 06, 2015, 12:52:28 pm »

I have become lord of a small Hamlet which also happens to be the capital of my civ. After Killing 3 Law-Givers while trying to make them pay homage to me,  I'm asking myself If it is even possible.
Is it possible to make a Law-Giver/King pay homage to you, or to even become a ruler of a civ?
Yeah, avoid sleeping on the second floor. You can just sleep on the first one, I think

I've made people pay homage to me a few times but I'm not sure what made it work. I can say for sure that no amount of torture will covince them.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9069 on: December 06, 2015, 01:26:42 pm »

Started an elf adventurer, a hearthperson of a lady in a hamlet. I immediately set out to slay a bandit camp. I killed them all from stealth, apparently unnoticed. I grabbed all their coins, all the high-value clothing, and slept in the mountains that night. Unfortunately, I ignored a * that wandered away from the camp. Turns out, they were bandits as well, and after learning what I did they were pissed. On my way back from killing a werebeast they confronted me just outside the village center and the macelord easily killed me. Luckily, I deposited all ~12k coin in the keep with my lady, so they didn't get everything back.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #9070 on: December 06, 2015, 01:47:53 pm »

Started an elf adventurer, a hearthperson of a lady in a hamlet. I immediately set out to slay a bandit camp. I killed them all from stealth, apparently unnoticed. I grabbed all their coins, all the high-value clothing, and slept in the mountains that night. Unfortunately, I ignored a * that wandered away from the camp. Turns out, they were bandits as well, and after learning what I did they were pissed. On my way back from killing a werebeast they confronted me just outside the village center and the macelord easily killed me. Luckily, I deposited all ~12k coin in the keep with my lady, so they didn't get everything back.

That's awesome
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9071 on: December 06, 2015, 02:09:20 pm »

It turns out I met my previous adventurer and she agreed to travel with me, and she is a vampire so will she feed on my party?
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

mac007

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9072 on: December 06, 2015, 02:21:41 pm »

Made a dwarf swordsman and started in an area near 2 forgotten beasts within a day's walk. Took out the first one without injury (his 'deadly dust' just made it very tough to see, didn't damage at all). The second one also died after about 30 minutes of stabbing. However, I didn't realize I was on fire and was very perplexed when every part of my face started melting and I bled to death. Most fun I've had yet.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9073 on: December 06, 2015, 03:09:06 pm »

Was exploring a tomb while suddenly...

Ow. Good piercing though.
Ha! I've got a bronze bolt in my nose.

Well. Time to see if I can mod in an interaction aside from necromancy that won't get lost to the ages. o3o
It is interesting.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 03:16:10 pm by TheFlame52 »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9074 on: December 06, 2015, 03:27:16 pm »

It is interesting.

I'm disappointed that it seems mages can only copy their secrets if they can secure a tower, far as I can tell so far.

And...ahah! At long last I figured out this whole "writing" thing. At a bare minimum, a quire is a good start.

EDIT: And I made a scroll. Out of impala parchment, pomelo wood rollers...and cinnabar rollers? What? I didn't use any fucking cinnabar.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 03:38:57 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 603 604 [605] 606 607 ... 1104