Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096130 times)

Anonymax

• Bay Watcher
  • Rated "D" For Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9045 on: December 04, 2015, 04:33:51 pm »

i love how sometimes you can be a werebeast for 3 days, this gave me the chance to kill an entire elven civilization

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #9046 on: December 04, 2015, 08:48:53 pm »

I decided to play a bit differently and instead of playing a vile murderous bastard I decided to just be a violent drunk that gets into fights for fun.

All the fights have gone well so far, accidentally scared one of the people I was fighting by punching him in the head repeatedly. I move on to the tavern and have a few drinks and when my stomach is full I go and punch a dwarven merchant was a short fight, I mangled his guts and knocked him out with a punch to the head.

I'm really liking this update, instead of running away when I punch someone he/she has a nice brawl with me.

Unfortunately some people don't like brawling, a spearmen didn't particularly liking being punched and decided killing me would be a good idea, due to the fact I like not being dead I run away.

I did find a soldier who was willing to brawl, but when things didn't go his way he gets upset and runs away, a majority of the other soldiers were also upset and tried to kill me, fortunately I got away and I also got an iron bolt in my upper right arm which is nice.

Sadly it seems the the people of the town don't like my brawling and decided I must die, a few soldiers attack and kill me I never stood a chance. Rip my beautiful brawler, you died before achieving you dream of become a legendary warrior. :'c
Yeah it's great I am an "infamous " killer and the lords I try to assassinates guards actuall protect them... If they catch me in time :p
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9047 on: December 05, 2015, 07:50:21 am »

Tried a bark scorpion swordsman. Wandered around slaughtering goblin camps before an Axe Lord bandit instantly hacked both my legs off and cut me in half shortly after. God DAMN.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9048 on: December 05, 2015, 08:52:49 am »

I make a new adventurer and continue my brawling ways, I fight with a random dwarf but he gave up fairly quickly.

But the human merchant I had a fight with was a bit different. She was better then me in every way, I miss her she hits me, I hit her she hits me twice, breaks of my fingers, knocks out teeth takes my hits and doesn't run away doesn't get scared just keeps beating me. We start to get tired, by this point one of her lungs is no longer functioning and she is still doing more damage then I'm doing I get overexerted, she doesn't, I do my best to rest she keeps on fighting. Eventually she knocks me out and I just lay their unconscious for awhile. I eventually wake up and fight some more, by this point I also have only one lung working so this fight would be a bit risky, eventually I knocked her out.

10/10 best fight I've had this version.

The result

Me
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Her

I think things went better for her then me.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Tlukle

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't you think my name is odd?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9049 on: December 05, 2015, 09:32:51 am »

My adventurer is on a quest to find and kill three were-goats on the other side of the world and on his way to kill them kill all * possible threats along the way. (So many many goblins... so many)
Alone on a hill I sat and thought oh what ever today might become not.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #9050 on: December 05, 2015, 03:56:59 pm »

My game had a stroke and allowed me to play a troll from a modded civ (similarly to how it allowed me to play as a horse and jaguar).

Put max points into strength and striker, then went off into a dwarven village, managed to kill quite a few with my secret punch-you-in-the-head-until-you-die fighting style. Also utilized biting to quite scary effect

I somehow managed to bite off a Fisherdwarf's entire arm. His reaction?

It's so great when everybody just gets along.

I bled to death later on, after a dwarf exploded my toes, knocking me out multiple times.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9051 on: December 05, 2015, 03:59:17 pm »

My game had a stroke and allowed me to play a troll from a modded civ (similarly to how it allowed me to play as a horse and jaguar).

Put max points into strength and striker, then went off into a dwarven village, managed to kill quite a few with my secret punch-you-in-the-head-until-you-die fighting style. Also utilized biting to quite scary effect

I somehow managed to bite off a Fisherdwarf's entire arm. His reaction?

It's so great when everybody just gets along.

I bled to death later on, after a dwarf exploded my toes, knocking me out multiple times.
"It's just so great when everyone just gets along" That's the part that gets me.
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9052 on: December 05, 2015, 04:07:04 pm »

Okay, that was fun. go kill that skinnless freak, they said. There are half dozen of them in that lair, they didn't.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #9053 on: December 05, 2015, 06:52:36 pm »

I love the new way bandit camps tend to run. Since you don't suddenly get rushed by everybody in the camp, there's much less fear of getting ganged up on and killed. Shame most of the people there tend to be wrestlers, but the occasional bandit who really puts up a fight is pretty fun.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #9054 on: December 05, 2015, 07:43:58 pm »

Was exploring a tomb while suddenly...

Ow. Good piercing though.

Tlukle

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't you think my name is odd?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9055 on: December 05, 2015, 09:16:05 pm »

Awoke my adventurer only to find he had wandered into the depths of a Goblin Fortress and capital I had retired him on the edge of and strangely he wandered out into the cavern next door and low and behold a sight I had never seen before, trolls. But that in it's self I suppose is not so odd but apon sight of me neither terror nor hate did I see just a strange acceptance of sorts. I'm afraid it is they who would that day receive hate from me. But the strangest thing of all there were but goblin skeletons on the ground in all appearances the trolls have committed acts of genocide on their cavern mates.

Also I have never seen much of them before is it normal for trolls to have professions and live in Goblin Dark Fortresses (and commit acts of genocide.)
Alone on a hill I sat and thought oh what ever today might become not.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #9056 on: December 05, 2015, 09:19:57 pm »

Edgiest man in DF.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 10:46:47 am by Laptisen »

SirAero8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9057 on: December 06, 2015, 02:56:57 am »

Started a few adventurers on the new version. My favorite so far was an eagle man I called "American Warrior". He wielded a spear and fought for all things 'murica. A priest attacked me because I knocked out his butcher friend, so I left him with a few broken bones, bruises basically everywhere and some cuts from when I bodyslammed him all over the place. I found a group of goblins threatening a peaceful town, so I decided, in the name of 'murica to help them. The cut open a lasher's leg, and he broke one of my legs, my spine and bruised my lung. In my last moments, I decided all I could do was preform some music. (Mostly because I hadn't tested that yet.) Sadly, as he was about to preform the first note of his beautiful anthem, he collapsed to the ground and died from suffocation. Adventure mode in the new version seems a good bit harder than the previous version. Probably because creatures aren't little wussy babbies all the time anymore. A harder adventure is always "FUN" though.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9058 on: December 06, 2015, 04:04:48 am »

Okay, that was fun. go kill that skinnless freak, they said. There are half dozen of them in that lair, they didn't.
You found a whole family of Night Creatures? D'awwwwww!
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9059 on: December 06, 2015, 06:46:03 am »

You found a whole family of Night Creatures? D'awwwwww!
Yeah, even with child. Kept talking about values between themselves while  murdering my companion.
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 1104