Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 601 602 [603] 604 605 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096287 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9030 on: December 03, 2015, 04:33:20 am »

like how you can remember those weird events and tell tales of those for future generations.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9031 on: December 03, 2015, 07:59:56 am »

I was happily singing and drinking in a tavern when my pikeman companion  just cuts a kids head off!
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9032 on: December 03, 2015, 08:09:02 am »

I've noticed my troupe of goblins have been becoming less and less enthusiastic about my poetry as our journey wears on.
We've lost a lot of our original group to night creatures, ettins, and (most terrifyingly) a herd of zombie camels we encountered when trying to ford a river. Where earlier they were my biggest fans, loudly praising every poem I recited, these days their response is "No, I'm not interested."

At least we finally made it to a human settlement. I handed out weapons and shields to my companions and persuaded a couple of human soldiers in the castle to accompany me as well. Yes, they are filled with the same fresh-faced excitement that my goblin friends displayed, back before we left Kisspoisons on this perilous journey... let's see if they keep their enthusiasm a bit longer.

Now, on to the tavern! :P
I haven't experienced one of those in the new version yet!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9033 on: December 03, 2015, 08:50:23 am »

Black Mamba Woman is injecting unsuspecting gobbos with venom and running away, and it's working well.
thincake

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9034 on: December 03, 2015, 09:11:44 am »

Lost my adventurer to a bunch of humans who criticized him, then overreacted when he took a swing at them.
I don't think any of my companions tried to help, but I'm not sure. Kind of annoying but oh well... that world didn't seem to have any taverns, anyway. On to the next one!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9035 on: December 03, 2015, 10:21:14 am »

People seem to like bring up my murderers as reasion not to talk to me.
It's gotten so bad that just talking to merchants has started armed fights.

So the merchant draws a knife, i snap his wrist and give him a few punches to the lower body, he takes just six punches before he dies.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Anonymax

• Bay Watcher
  • Rated "D" For Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9036 on: December 03, 2015, 11:39:17 am »

started as a human swordsman, went to a temple and toppled a statue, the god blessedcursed me, now i'm a werebuffalo wandering around a hillock killing everything that moves
i love this update

Bloodl1ke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9037 on: December 03, 2015, 08:04:14 pm »

Eventually made my way to the town to the west, or it's tavern more importantly. Ordered a drink. Got in a fight. Got carried away in punching/kicking that guy until I broke his ribs and he fell down on the floor. Ordered another drink. Came back to the guy, he tried to get up and fell back unconscious again. Here's a list of his injuries:

Apparently he was short and skinny, so now I feel bad for beating up the small guy. Oh yeah, also the second drink was free. Did I earn myself a reputation?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9038 on: December 04, 2015, 01:00:16 am »

so Tipi's gone, only got her husband. and a lion rip Gust's right hand clean off.
time to pray pissing off this god gives me a were-form.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #9040 on: December 04, 2015, 07:24:32 am »

I love the writing in this game.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9041 on: December 04, 2015, 09:31:44 am »

He used to tell people in song, but his father put a stop to that.
The fourth fortress stayed up, and that's the one he'll get!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 09:35:57 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9042 on: December 04, 2015, 11:16:25 am »

The best part is that most of the new sentences in this update are phrased in such way, that I'm almost certain they were intended to be generic enough to be used flexibly, but 99% of the time, they're sound downright deadpan or sassy.

...And I love it.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9043 on: December 04, 2015, 11:42:58 am »

The best part is that most of the new sentences in this update are phrased in such way, that I'm almost certain they were intended to be generic enough to be used flexibly, but 99% of the time, they're sound downright deadpan or sassy.

...And I love it.

It was inevitable.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9044 on: December 04, 2015, 03:28:13 pm »

I decided to play a bit differently and instead of playing a vile murderous bastard I decided to just be a violent drunk that gets into fights for fun.

All the fights have gone well so far, accidentally scared one of the people I was fighting by punching him in the head repeatedly. I move on to the tavern and have a few drinks and when my stomach is full I go and punch a dwarven merchant was a short fight, I mangled his guts and knocked him out with a punch to the head.

I'm really liking this update, instead of running away when I punch someone he/she has a nice brawl with me.

Unfortunately some people don't like brawling, a spearmen didn't particularly liking being punched and decided killing me would be a good idea, due to the fact I like not being dead I run away.

I did find a soldier who was willing to brawl, but when things didn't go his way he gets upset and runs away, a majority of the other soldiers were also upset and tried to kill me, fortunately I got away and I also got an iron bolt in my upper right arm which is nice.

Sadly it seems the the people of the town don't like my brawling and decided I must die, a few soldiers attack and kill me I never stood a chance. Rip my beautiful brawler, you died before achieving you dream of become a legendary warrior. :'c

The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.
Pages: 1 ... 601 602 [603] 604 605 ... 1104