Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 577 578 [579] 580 581 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2097010 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8670 on: August 20, 2015, 10:43:08 am »

I still love the idea of Necromancer bandits

Well, my newly created peasant adventurer don't like that idea much

As i wondered if it would just display another bug with living bandits and undead , i decided to give a little look :

Apparently there are no living bandits, good.
What was less good is that there was one undead sprinting from the south of the screen out of my sight while i entered a house to check if there was still living people, and noticed there was a lot of them on top of each other on the same tile (that good old bug) and when i exited, the sprinting undead had appeared on my sight, and i was in his.

Unfortunately, it was sprinting faster than my poor novice peasant and quickly annihilated him.

Tough i guess i should be happy, for once i find bandits that aren't no-reaction/ultra-pacifists bugged :D

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8671 on: August 20, 2015, 01:24:51 pm »

Taking a walk around a hamlet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8672 on: August 20, 2015, 05:06:14 pm »

Nothing too strange has gone on. I'm a Demigod Hearthperson so I found out what was ailing my local area (some kobolds, bandits, a criminal organization in a nearby town, a tower, and a hydra.) So I grabbed a couple bowmen and a swordsman, hefted my halberd, and marched on the kobold camp first. So far I took out 11 of them and have been trying to convert the loot to more useful things. So far, not doing too well at trading, since no one seems to want to work in money for some reason.

Still, my current wish is for a few more waterskins so I can ditch the rivers for a while and just explore further. I'll have to continue raiding the kobolds in the meanwhile, and see how far I need to go to drive them off.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8673 on: August 20, 2015, 08:08:13 pm »

>.>

Drop your water on the ground, interact with the waterskin, fill it from the puddle, drink from the puddle, move on.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8674 on: August 20, 2015, 08:10:24 pm »

>.>

Drop your water on the ground, interact with the waterskin, fill it from the puddle, drink from the puddle, move on.
heh.  Drink the blood of your foes.  You actually need pools of blood instead of licking your blade clean like in 34.x, but pools of blood still work.  dont let vomit get in it though.  Any critter with enough blood to lose in one tile will work.

Also, The water thing I distrust, but is mostly reliable.  Pools in adventure mode get dispersed by foot traffic by default, and I've frozen to death on an occasion or two when dumping water on the ground in freezing biomes.

Pedit:  Even sentient blood works.  Drinking your own blood lost in honorable combat is p awesome.  just put in a bag.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 08:13:56 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8675 on: August 21, 2015, 10:43:32 pm »

While i was travelling alone to reach a nearby dwarven outpost, a pack of wolves ambushed me.
And during the battle i saw , coming to my rescue a ... hoary marmot

That savagely attacked one of the wolves
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Brave little crazed hoary marmot.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8676 on: August 22, 2015, 04:56:47 am »

I just found out Gar Legendbreaker, my nearly 2k kill having dorflet made a friend while I was running time forward in fort mode.

The stray eagle (tame) I pastured on the porch where the military train.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8677 on: August 22, 2015, 06:44:56 am »

discovered with disapointment that it is not possible to retire for a while a "crazed" character in order to play another in the same world, you can only save or give in to starvation , damn limitation :(

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8678 on: August 22, 2015, 07:43:19 am »

always disapointing to see that passivity and uncaring npc :

Basically i punched the Lady of the place and asked one of her soldier that witnessed the scene and as usual did nothing to join me and ... he accepted without problem
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 07:47:12 am by Robsoie »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8679 on: August 22, 2015, 08:01:52 am »

Id love to see crime handled better.  Including all the ethics based activities.  no more vamps wearing their victims tounges around their neck, unless theyre goblin
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8680 on: August 22, 2015, 08:14:06 am »

Yes, in fortress mode there is a justice system, i hope we'll get the feature for adventure mode too, especially as all entities have their own ethics (and from what i understand, good improvement in next version is that civs coming from an entity will be able to have different ethics) , a justice system following those would be great at making actions mattering in the game.

And that NPC will be less passive/uncaring/constantly terrified and react to what they see.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8681 on: August 22, 2015, 12:27:06 pm »

wait isn't the whole wearing victims parts around their clothes a left over from retired adventurers unretired is dressed in bling made up of parts of their kills?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8682 on: August 22, 2015, 12:44:43 pm »

Vampires frequently wear trophies from their vivtims.  Or did, I havent really found any in 40.xx.
In this version Ive only seen nobles wearing jewlery, but elves having trollbone braclets for trade isnt uncommon in my worlds.
PKs DF Mod!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8683 on: August 22, 2015, 05:55:46 pm »

Goblins, especially goblin rulers, wear stuff made of elves and dorfs.

Vampires often have sentient-kill-bling.

I prefer my sentient-kill-bling when it is the helmet and armor I made from the skull and bones of sentient dragons.

EuphoriaToRegret

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
    • My Newgrounds Art
« Reply #8684 on: August 23, 2015, 08:36:35 pm »

This adventurer I'm playing as seems to be unable to be a necromancer...

I went near a tower and forced all the undead to wander away, allowing me to easily run in and grab the slab.
I read it, it says the whole "Secrets of Life of Death" and I don't get the acquired power for animation.

Has anyone else had that happen before?
Pages: 1 ... 577 578 [579] 580 581 ... 1104