Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 579 580 [581] 582 583 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096944 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8700 on: August 25, 2015, 04:31:32 pm »

So much truth to the movement stuff.

Running around like this I don't get crap for lag outside of sites with thousands and thousands of assholes running around too.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

i only get crap inside big markets and big towns, even tombs wih lots of skeletons don't make things bad, what curses you're using? this anti-aliasing ASCII?????
The text tileset from GemSet, the 32x48 one. Love it because it doesn't size down to 24x24 like the 48x48 does.

hemperor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8701 on: August 25, 2015, 04:45:18 pm »

So much truth to the movement stuff.

Running around like this I don't get crap for lag outside of sites with thousands and thousands of assholes running around too.

i only get crap inside big markets and big towns, even tombs wih lots of skeletons don't make things bad, what curses you're using? this anti-aliasing ASCII?????
The text tileset from GemSet, the 32x48 one. Love it because it doesn't size down to 24x24 like the 48x48 does.

looks cool! i need to get some bigger ascii sets because the default is super laggy for me! but gemset didn't use graphic tiles and everything? i prefer the rectangular sets too, idonk't like the square ones
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 05:06:06 pm by hemperor »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8702 on: August 25, 2015, 07:44:07 pm »

It does have tons of fantastic resources but I crash in advmode with twbt so I disabled them.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8703 on: August 28, 2015, 10:12:40 am »

Hnng. Been on a Cataclysm binge due to a lot of modding efforts for it, but I suspect when .40.25 is out, I'll work on rigging Adventurecraft to work with that version and soon be binging on DF once more.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8704 on: August 28, 2015, 07:47:22 pm »

I'm curious what the next one will be called. I'm gonna bet .48.00 myself.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8705 on: August 28, 2015, 09:18:59 pm »

I rediscovered the acorn tile set when looking through 34.xx. Condensed fonts have a charm.

Really nicely retro, simple. Worth the lag in various locales.

Also been playing around with making padded jacks and coifs.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8706 on: August 31, 2015, 10:38:52 am »

Set up a marksdorf/hammerdorf with an artifake platinum crossbow (Hawkeye) so I can use it to bash stuff or shoot stuff. Snuck everywhere, tracked everything, have a reaction to carve bone bolts, skilled up and ended up taking out rocs and hydras and whatnot. Made sure to keep one hand free for climbing, when I got ambushed I'd run around a tree and swing up into the branches, rain bolts until they found me/got close, then bash em in the head when they climbed up to me. Worked great, lots of fun.

Took out some elves that had been laying siege to my starting fortress, explored around more, and then while heading down to beat up more elves I saw an asterisk getting near so I dropped out of travel mode and snuck up closer... to find Elephants... up in a tree.

I cut it down and some of them landed in a pond but wouldn't swim out so I starting taking potshots at them when this happened.

I can't even begin to figure out how that is possible, but there it is.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8707 on: August 31, 2015, 01:18:45 pm »

vbuss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8708 on: September 01, 2015, 06:07:11 am »

My dwarf giantslayer was recently ambushed by a Night Troll consort while tracking an Ettin's lair, her name was Oda Earthunions. Curious about her origins I went into legents and found out she was the first queen of the nearby elven civilization, kidnapped by her monster husband in year 4. I expected gratitute from the tree hugging bastards, but the only thing I've got from her "inevitable" death was being branded as a "killer". Checking legends once more I found out that her husband lives in a lair nearby, accompanied by 24 other Night Trolls. I'm thinking of paying them a visit, it might be Fun.  :)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8709 on: September 02, 2015, 01:56:33 am »

Code: [Select]
49: Utdarcone, "Anvilrinses", town
        Owner: The Habitual Bites of Power, dwarves
        lady: Casot Metcreed, human
        5 humans
        1 dwarf
        50 yaks
        115 turkeys
        115 cats
        193 human outcasts
        32 dwarf outcasts
        1 goblin outcast

>.>

<.<

Hello, my name is Ast, and I'm a bite-a-holic. I went nearly a month without biting anybody, but then I felt something inside me snap the other night and I ran from town to town biting everybody in sight, I think I've calmed down, but I just don't know if I can trust myself anymore.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8710 on: September 02, 2015, 04:01:00 am »

Today, I learned that you can wrestle with somebody's weapon hand to stop them from attacking, allowing you to protect injured followers from superior foes. My knight-in-shining-armor credentials are going great so far.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8711 on: September 02, 2015, 04:24:29 am »

You can also do it to disarm them, or my favorite, catch the weapon, hack the limb off, stick the weapon in their guts!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8712 on: September 02, 2015, 05:45:54 am »

so in a rush to retire this reanimator in the dark ages mod I wandered into a cthyulian town, and the Keep kinda transformed one of my undead silent corpse minions into a tentacled slop which now has a sentient brain and can talk.

now I'm asking about people the tentacled use to be a corpse has met and said my character great for deals now and then.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8713 on: September 02, 2015, 07:41:19 am »

so in a rush to retire this reanimator in the dark ages mod I wandered into a cthyulian town, and the Keep kinda transformed one of my undead silent corpse minions into a tentacled slop which now has a sentient brain and can talk.

now I'm asking about people the tentacled use to be a corpse has met and said my character great for deals now and then.
I had something similar going in with my modded sorcerer magic user who can raise corpses as revenants that can talk, reaching its logical conclusion when a sorcerer took over a hamlet and raised all its inhabitants as revenants.
They never really had much to say; asking them about how they feel always resulted in them just going "Uhhh..." and they never knew anything about the surrounding area - come to think of it, neither did their masters. Also I've never seen [TRANS_NAME] used so many times.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8714 on: September 02, 2015, 01:10:28 pm »

Hee hee hee.
Pages: 1 ... 579 580 [581] 582 583 ... 1104