Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100671 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8430 on: June 01, 2015, 06:37:18 pm »

OH MY GOD, Toady pointed out the right flag to land on your feet.

What's going on in my adventure?

I just jumped up into a tree and landed in the branches with cat-like grace.

No "you slam into an obsctacle", no having to grab something to stop myself, just *boing* there I am.

It makes it less useful for chucking enemies since you can't just grind them across the ground, though they will still slam into each other, but right now you could actually walk up to someone and say "alley-oop" and give them a boost up onto a wall, where they'll land unharmed.
Spoiler: safe and sound (click to show/hide)
I did collide with a tree TRUNK in the third jump but still landed on my feet.

Hah, now YOU jump safely but THEY slide across the ground. :D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 09:49:18 pm by Max™ »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8431 on: June 02, 2015, 05:04:28 pm »

started with another human maceman, this time they gave me a silver morningstar (sweet).....got a pikeman and swordman of my company as travel partners, the region i started has a necromancer tower in the southeast and it seems a goblin fortress too at the east, there's a dwarven fortress nearby and several human settlements.

we reached the nearest town and found some kobolds in a catacomb during the night. then when going up to the palace's main room we were greeted by an undead goblin, it was quite the fight, he only got to kill a local guardsman and a lord. the lady was secured and gave us some places to go.

EDIT:

turns out there was like two more zombie gobs in the town, lost my companions fighting them and only got to kill one, the other gave a long fight but finally won by leaving me unconscious.....
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 05:20:03 pm by xaritscin »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8432 on: June 02, 2015, 05:14:50 pm »

goodbye balanced roll of the dice of whom gets tossed like it a game of bloodbowl. hello balanced Roll of dice of Whom getting Tossed like a game of bloodbowl but you don't take Casualties.
hmm this means we can finally DO THIS IN GAME time to get out of DwarfRetirement.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8433 on: June 02, 2015, 09:41:28 pm »

started with another maceman, turns out i didnt look enough on the wiki about morningstars, started with the same weapon but got to obtain a mace as replacement in a bandit camp. the idea is to either get a silver mace or a flail and better armor. full plated iron or even some steel equipment should do the trick...

i have to train my skills too...

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8434 on: June 03, 2015, 12:04:22 am »

travelled around human towns, found some criminals and killed some bandits, while going out of a hamlet we got ambushed by a troll and a cave dragon recruits, the fight lasted quite a bit but they were finished quickly, these companions seem really durable...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8435 on: June 03, 2015, 10:09:33 pm »

In fixing artifake for fortress mode I accidentally introduced a bug where it crashed if you didn't select a unit, fixed that and had some fun making up names for stuff.

Still no luck getting the name changer working, been studying some lua documentation to see if I can work out what I was doing wrong.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8436 on: June 04, 2015, 03:19:35 am »

Can anyone tell me how the fame works in the new version? In the older ones i could report my successful missions to get more famous, but now i dunno.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8437 on: June 04, 2015, 04:08:18 am »

Boasting about your violent deeds is ineffective. Are you using the slow and unwieldy rumour system?
One wheel short of a wagon

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8438 on: June 04, 2015, 04:18:16 am »

No, is it what i have to use?

cdru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8439 on: June 04, 2015, 05:11:08 am »

Anyone saw glitches in healing system?My adventurer got his toe nail broken and it won't heal,but then he got his eye torn to shreds and he regenerated his eye back.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8440 on: June 04, 2015, 05:19:10 am »

It's not a bug, it's DF physics.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8441 on: June 04, 2015, 07:47:57 am »

conein: bring up specific incident or rumour. Then you tell them about how you killed a dragon or whatever.

This way, nobody accidentally gets told about the 1994 women, children and kittens massacre, AND they spread it about more, thus increasing fame properly, I think, rather than them just knowing. Type in conflict fight once you select the top option, then look through till it says "in which you slew XXX". Searching for XXX'2 name MIGHT work, but not always.
One wheel short of a wagon

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8442 on: June 04, 2015, 09:28:18 am »

One annoyance I've noticed is that fame no longer seems to affect how many companions you can recruit.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8443 on: June 04, 2015, 10:20:01 am »

One annoyance I've noticed is that fame no longer seems to affect how many companions you can recruit.
yeah companion bit seems to be tied to personal ideals or a hard number which could be side step with companion placement or... kids, or necromancy.

got slightly inspired by a doomRL and now wonder if it's possible to make a shotgun that fires spread shots.
or a portable Cartgun that launches fast volly of junk.
figuring out Rose's Projectile script does would help with operation Doomfort Adventuremode
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8444 on: June 04, 2015, 12:11:29 pm »

have traveled in search of stuff to do, mostly in regards to find a dark fortress, nothing found yet, but explored the tunnels under several connected dwarven fortress and halls...

Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 1104