Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100556 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8415 on: May 30, 2015, 10:57:25 pm »

Speaking of smart tactics, pouncing goblins off of towers is always smart. =w=

EDIT: Woah, I think my horde is broken.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 11:01:58 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8416 on: May 30, 2015, 11:30:01 pm »

everything was going fine until my companion drew the aggro of a group of goblins, a lasher finished him in seconds and then they got after me......

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8417 on: May 30, 2015, 11:42:22 pm »

Well, I lost 3 allies because they went batshit, dinged up a few of the others as a result. Now I am giving them kobold bandits to test their new weapons on for real. owo

EDIT: They took to krumping kobolds like a fish takes to water. Now...huh. A big hole just in the middle of this town. Dafuq.

Drr...drr...drr...

Deep enough that it's revealed all 3 cavern layers, I fear it might go deep enough to test how dragons fare against certain Fun things.

Magma sea.

No sign of the Fun message that pops up a turn after this, so I might be safe.

EDIT 2: Random collapse somewhere, might be the cavern waters flooding the magma sea.

EDIT 3: And the first denizen of the Maximum Fun Zone is...a giant toad? Hey, you're not a demon, get outta here!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 12:26:44 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8418 on: May 31, 2015, 12:30:31 am »

...What the shit. Is that like a chunk error or something?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8419 on: May 31, 2015, 12:32:27 am »

I wish I knew.

First actually demons to engage in first contact, are...made of salt. Derp.

EDIT: Well, got KO'd and splattered. Since my last save was a bloody while ago, I'll call this a good end to an adventure. :V

And for future reference to those wanting to be a derpdragon...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 12:37:01 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

ThePeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8420 on: May 31, 2015, 12:41:10 am »

While tracking down and slowly murdering a warband that had taken over a town, my two archer companions shot the chieftess in both of her eyes, and then gave her several pages of minor injuries before mercifully shooting her in the brain. I think my companions are more sadistic than I am.

Edit: THIS IS NOT NORMAL WHY ARE THE CAVERNS SENDING MONSTERS AFTER ME?!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(Not pictured: ALL of them are recruits. EVEN THE CAVE BLOBS!)

Edit2: Huh. So, I was asking a travelling warrior about people, trying to find a vampire to kill or something. Then I saw that the list showed one of my companions is a vampire. I've been travelling with a vampire this whole time. Talk about a missed spot check.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 01:52:15 am by ThePeanut »
ThePeanut likes Dwarf Fortress for its difficulty, Killer Instinct for its characters, Tolkien and H.P. Lovecraft for their works of fiction, Scimitars for their curved blades, and Dogs for their barks. He prefers to consume cheese whenever possible. If possible, he would spend the rest of his days not doing much of anything.
He dreams of mastering a skill.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8421 on: May 31, 2015, 03:56:21 am »

RE: no. of recruits from weird places: I always see more animal recruits when I set the civ no. higher. Did you try to create a state of constant war by setting the no. to 50 or something?

Cuz animals are almost always at war with humans.
One wheel short of a wagon

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8422 on: May 31, 2015, 06:08:37 am »

Recruit just means that it's a traveling unit (i.e. not at home) and that it has no high combat skills.

If one of those magma crabs had sword skill it would be a swordscrab or something if that's possible.

Derpdragon is hilarious btw, but I've already got super-tough dragon bones/scales which are used by the dorf/hurf/erf castes, all the durability of being a dragon without the derpiness!

Well, being one of my dragons, which are nothing like vanilla ones, being hard as steel, smart, and capable of flight.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8423 on: May 31, 2015, 10:25:21 am »

Well I didn't add in harder scales though. I could've imported the megabeast-tier templates from my Adventurecraft mod, but eh. owo
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8424 on: May 31, 2015, 02:34:56 pm »

my last character died to a lasher after keeping a long fight with is hammer. trying with a human outsider

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8425 on: May 31, 2015, 03:11:26 pm »

Lashers remain gloriously OP unless you're a zombie. =w=
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8426 on: May 31, 2015, 03:31:39 pm »

tried with an outsider and spawned right next to a cave. went all way down to the first cavern layer, nothing much interesting to find....except death when trying to cross a small water body...

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8427 on: May 31, 2015, 06:59:42 pm »

genned a new world with plenty of stuff to visit, i dont seem to find a way to incresae my skills in biting, striking and kicking...even when using them in fight

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8428 on: June 01, 2015, 12:30:55 am »

I and my companion, both elves, set out to kill a nosferatu, what im calling a subhuman, crazed vampiric monster at the moment. We succeeded, despite our wounds, and made our way to a dwarven hillocks to the north. At some point, we ourselves became nosferatu. When I tried to open the door, the dwarves attacked me on sight. After an extended fight, I killed all of them, and waited for my companion, who had lost consciousness from pain, to wake up, and then we departed. I had to come back and pick up her weapons of course, since she'd dropped them.

We fled north further, to a human hamlet, and stopped outside to chat with someone we came upon just outside of town. It turned out to be some fellows resting in a tent. A law giver, a war leader, and a general. We slew them all, and entered the hamlet. It was completely abandoned, so I took control of it. We have a lair now, a grand lair, and we will make this whole world, all of it, as one.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8429 on: June 01, 2015, 04:57:22 pm »

short adventure with a flail user, the lord of one of the nearby towns was a vampire, nothing much to say about it, got a team with a maceman and were attacked in a hamlet by undead elves, got to survive but mi companion didnt, hopefully it was only two zombie elves, the rest were normal elves which were attacking the town.

found a dwarven companion in the same place and went to a tomb.....died when the mummy awoke and sent all its minions against me....

it was quite the adventure i guess.....
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 1104