Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2093871 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6660 on: September 07, 2014, 09:58:24 am »

Dammit... Ohwell. He's a human. Can you rule multiple places at once? I'd love to rule every single country in this world.
I've owned multiple places at once before, but from different groups. Now, I'm The Lord of multiple entities (not civs, but their subgroups), and the resulting political turmoil should be pretty funny.
Nice job, Emperor Palpatine... (also: fixed "turnoil" for you)

a smiling bearded cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOTHOUGHT][NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6661 on: September 07, 2014, 02:32:17 pm »

Had a speardwarf take over a hamlet. Retired him. Created a swordswarf to visit him. Raided a few hamlets along the way and acquired a marksdwarf. Found the speardwarf in his meadhall surrounded by several human wrestlers and a elf hammerman. Killed the wrestlers. Speardwarf and elf did not say a word. Asked to be his hearthperson and was accepted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #6662 on: September 07, 2014, 03:00:32 pm »

I have discovered that a newly-genned elf adventurer cannot stop an invading army.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6663 on: September 07, 2014, 03:07:09 pm »

Could I place my adventurer in a retired fort, retire that adventurer, and unretired the fort and use him as a dwarf?

I have done this with a dwarf who's origin was my retired fortress. Did not get it to work with another entities adventurer (human wasn't fort member when I reloaded the fortress mode site) I don't know if you HAVE to start the adventurer off at the fortress though.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6664 on: September 08, 2014, 02:17:30 am »

Could I place my adventurer in a retired fort, retire that adventurer, and unretired the fort and use him as a dwarf?

I have done this with a dwarf who's origin was my retired fortress. Did not get it to work with another entities adventurer (human wasn't fort member when I reloaded the fortress mode site) I don't know if you HAVE to start the adventurer off at the fortress though.
you do, you kinda have to since it's the only way to get the adventurer's Civ_id align with the fortress, then you also end up with the adventurer stuck with the is resident flag on, the same flag that is removed on all your retired dwarves when you go back to playing.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6665 on: September 08, 2014, 05:12:26 am »

Uhm... The hell? I was trying to take on an invading army with 14 companions, when the apparent leader showed up: he was labeled as a scythemaster!! Were scythes put in as a weapon, and we just weren't told? I don't have any weapon mods in, and, in my confusion, I didn't take screenshots, but with three slashes this guy cut off my hand, cut open my head, then decapitated me. If I see even the word scythe anywhere, I'll screen shot it. Has anyone else seen that?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6666 on: September 08, 2014, 05:57:59 am »

Uhm... The hell? I was trying to take on an invading army with 14 companions, when the apparent leader showed up: he was labeled as a scythemaster!! Were scythes put in as a weapon, and we just weren't told? I don't have any weapon mods in, and, in my confusion, I didn't take screenshots, but with three slashes this guy cut off my hand, cut open my head, then decapitated me. If I see even the word scythe anywhere, I'll screen shot it. Has anyone else seen that?

Names don't go by the weapon they use; they go by the skill the weapon uses. For example, someone who uses a halberd would be considered an axelord, and not a halberdier.

What was the race of the scythemaster you fought? Skill names can be changed on a per-creature basis, and it's possible that the creature just has a different name for the weapon skill that they used.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6667 on: September 08, 2014, 06:03:10 am »

More importantly, what weapon did he actually use? If it was a scythe, cool, but I haven't heard about them being added.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6668 on: September 08, 2014, 01:32:31 pm »

He was a goblin. I never checked the combat report, just sat there in confusion. Maybe goblins renamed pikes scythes or something?
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6669 on: September 08, 2014, 08:08:28 pm »

I started my adventure as a swordsman, I started with a silver longsword so I immediately dropped it and went looking for a new one, after a short battle with a swordsman I got an iron scimitar and a little later found another one and decided to duel wield.

I talked with the lady of the hamlet and she told me about an army marching to a dark pit known as seerscorpion, I talked with an axeman named Zekdu. she agreed to join me and we journeyed to seerscorpion.

After killing a few goblins I grew attached to Zekdu I love Zekdu. Zekdu is love Zekdu is life, I injure a few goblins and let her kill them so she may advance her skills and not die a horrible horrible death. If we both live long enough I shall become the villain and Zekdu shall end me.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6670 on: September 08, 2014, 10:05:19 pm »

While adventuring with a companion that is afraid constantly (as soon as i get in the map and start to move, he sprint to the opposite direction, come back later, then do it again and again, i only keep this one to avoid bogeymen) i reached a lair.
No idea if the location was having someone inside, i moved in and was attacked by a night creature, the "Hulking Ogre Bride" .
It looks like the thing neck didn't like my axe, and decided to sail away.

Then i reported the creature death to my lord :

Still he said "it was inevitable", but he managed to say something relatively appropriate just before, not something i see everyday.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6671 on: September 09, 2014, 05:57:33 pm »

While exploring around the residential area of a fort with a newly generated adventurer (and taking the opportunity to train ambush skill), I ran into a pack (troop? herd? flock?) of crundles right inside the residential area. Not sure if I should submit this as a bug report. It's entirely possible that they pathed in from a hole somewhere.

In any case, opportunity to get meat. :D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 06:01:25 pm by smjjames »

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6672 on: September 11, 2014, 01:29:05 am »

After killing a few more goblins and having crash problems when going near the main tower in the dark fortress I decided to return to civilization. I found a town that had been abandoned and decided to claim it as my own. I decided to station Zekdu and my recently gained swordsdwarf friend in the keep so that I may journey without worrying about them wandering off or dying.

I went back over to a dark pits and fought with many, many trolls, 327 to be exact. I eventually got bored of fighting them and ran off and slaughtered many humans in the hamlets near my town. I retired and unretired my adventurer to pass some time and discovered others were now living in my keep...and they were naked.

I decided to get a naked swordsman some armor and weaponry but when I came back everyone was wearing clothes and armor. I was a bit annoyed by this but I decided to go back to another hamlet and train up my shield skill. I armed myself with 8 shield let a lasher attack me continuously, within 30 seconds of real time I had legendary shield skill and the lasher was now a master lasher. after recovering from exertion he ran off yelling about how this can't be the end.

I journey on continuing my plans for mass mayhem and to be he hated by all. I become a necromancer and go to a nearby fortess to kill the inhabitants and collect there corpses to build an army. Apparently goblins took over the fortress at some point and were now living in it. I decided to wait till night and stab them in the throat to minimize the damage to the bodies. After I killed a bunch of goblins I went up to the surface and waited for some time all the goblins within the fortress were running away.

I must of caused them to abandon the fortress. :o its in such a perfect location to use as an evil lair I must claim it as my own!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 03:17:48 am by nomoetoe »
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6673 on: September 11, 2014, 02:08:32 am »

Went around and killed off a village. When picking up their inves and louncloths, I noticed a few of them have elf and human bone jewelry. Is this normal?

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6674 on: September 11, 2014, 03:13:12 am »

Went around and killed off a village. When picking up their inves and louncloths, I noticed a few of them have elf and human bone jewelry. Is this normal?

they were either vampires or had killed a human/elf at some point and made them into jewelry. this is indeed normal. c:
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 1104