Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2093853 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6645 on: September 04, 2014, 09:18:23 pm »

If you let elves that stupid survive, you deserve to be spit at by an elf.

Elves who don't spit each other off cliffs and attack your fort because loltrees are cool.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Steele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6646 on: September 05, 2014, 12:05:36 am »

Visited a forest retreat and found a couple of Elves that didn't like each other.
One of them spit at the other, and this happened..

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

D-did he... survive?

No... no he did not.

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6647 on: September 05, 2014, 02:10:13 am »

Just cheaply modded a gorilla civ to play as on adventure mode and had a laugh at his starting equipment:

I gave them the masks, robes and sandals, but I wasn't aware they've apparently got four feet and zero hands :|

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6648 on: September 05, 2014, 03:45:24 am »

Just cheaply modded a gorilla civ to play as on adventure mode and had a laugh at his starting equipment:

I gave them the masks, robes and sandals, but I wasn't aware they've apparently got four feet and zero hands :|

It should also be noted that a bonobo is a type of chimpanzee. No love lost among the apes, I see.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6649 on: September 05, 2014, 08:38:21 pm »

After becoming the lady of a town via killing the former rules I decided to go to the neighboring hamlets and demand tribute (even though I've yet to discover what or if it even does anything) 2 of the people in charge of there hamlets agreed to my demands but the third refused to bow to me, so I cut his foot off, he agreed this time.

After going to a fourth hamlet and attacking the populace I got into a nasty fight with a spearman, after knocking me out in 2 hits and permanently making my lungs to cease functioning he passed out from exhaustion and was able to kill him and escape.

sadly after getting back to town I got in a fight with goblin and was defeated easily due to my injuries.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

a smiling bearded cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOTHOUGHT][NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6650 on: September 06, 2014, 01:50:14 am »

My marksdwarf began quite well.  During his first conversation in a mead hall, he was directed to a forest titan who lived nearby. Curious to see this monster, he recruited a spearman and a macewoman.

They carefully approached the shrine at night, hiding behind trees. Sneaking, my marksdwarf took aim and shot the titan down in one very lucky shot after several wild misses. The shrine had nothing for a dwarf to wear, so they left quickly. Returning to town at daybreak, the successful band parted ways.

My marksdwarf began to roam a bit too far without keeping track of time and had to take shelter in a hillock. There he awoke in the middle of the night and fought a bogeyman. Proficient with a steel short sword, my marksdwarf missed every swing before having his own skull driven into his brain by a well aimed superman punch from this bogeyman. It was all very clean.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6651 on: September 06, 2014, 07:18:57 am »

Moved with my companions into a titan shrine, as usual all my companions ran away in terror (i hoped they would be more brave in this version, but obviously no) So i sneaked all alone and made the 1st strike, from the gamelog.txt :
You silently bash The Hill Titan in the upper body from behind with your +silver war hammer+, bruising the muscle and fracturing the middle spine's bone!

Then after, without exaggerating, probably a hundred of
You bash The Hill Titan in the upper body with your +silver war hammer+, bruising the muscle!
You scratch The Hill Titan in the upper body, tearing the fat and bruising the muscle and bruising the left lung!
etc... with bruise, chipping and fracturing variation, leading the titan to have several time
The Hill Titan is having more trouble breathing!

Finally
The Hill Titan misses You!
Hill Titan has suffocated.

i thought i was going to fall unconscious from exhaustation.
And then my allies come back with the "it was inevitable" when i told them i killed that titan.

Oh well, back to civilisation, i had to sleep near a river and we went in the night under attack by a night creature named
The Vile Man Wrestler
The thing killed very quickly my 3 allies
The Vile Man Wrestler kicks The Bowman in the head with his left foot and the injured part explodes into gore!
Otir Berumunosh, Bowman has been struck down.
The bowman of my party didn't really put a fight, he's been a punching ball for the whole thing, my other companions did a better job, but still the thing was too strong
The Vile Man Wrestler kicks The Spearman in the left eye from behind with his left foot and the injured part explodes into gore!
The Spearman misses The Vile Man Wrestler!
Guki Tirinsuque, Spearman: Bonebury the Dead Crypt, slayer of Otir Playpumpkin.  I have no feelings of rage.
Yeah sure, the guy is not angry at the monster that just pulverized his eye, i hope dialogues will one day make more sense in DF .

The Maceman bashes The Vile Man Wrestler in the left hand with her silver flail and the injured part is crushed!
The Vile Man Wrestler loses hold of the cotton plant fiber sock.
So the night creature was carrying a sock in his hand, wonder if it's some kind of fetish or some kind of mystical sock :D

Unfortunately it only served as a distraction, as the guy then
The Vile Man Wrestler shakes The Maceman around by the left upper arm, tearing apart the left upper arm's muscle and bruising the bone!
An artery in the left upper arm has been opened by the attack, many nerves have been severed and a tendon has been torn!
The Maceman loses hold of the iron shield.

The Vile Man Wrestler bites The Spearman in the right lower arm, jamming the bone through the right elbow's muscle and shattering the right elbow's bone!
The Vile Man Wrestler latches on firmly!
The Spearman loses hold of the copper shield.
The Spearman gives in to pain.
The Spearman falls over.

The Vile Man Wrestler grabs The Maceman by the throat with his left lower arm!
The Vile Man Wrestler places a chokehold on The Maceman's throat with The Vile Man Wrestler's left lower arm!
You miss The Vile Man Wrestler!
The Vile Man Wrestler strangles The Maceman's throat!
You bash The Vile Man Wrestler in the upper body from the side with your +silver war hammer+, bruising the muscle!
Nimu Endether, Maceman has suffocated.

After that i fight a bit alone, fracturing the damn thing skull several time, and the thing bitting me several time, then my spearman ally get back into the game
The Spearman stands up.
The Vile Man Wrestler bends The Spearman's left hand with The Vile Man Wrestler's left lower arm and the left wrist collapses!
A ligament in the left wrist has been torn and a tendon has been torn!
The Spearman loses hold of the bronze spear.
The Spearman gives in to pain.
The Spearman falls over.
Well, not for too long :D
And unfortunately despite more skull fracture , leg fracture and etc... that didn't impaired the thing abilities unfortunately
The Vile Man Wrestler places a chokehold on The Spearman's throat with The Vile Man Wrestler's left upper arm!
The Vile Man Wrestler strangles The Spearman's throat!
The Vile Man Wrestler strangles The Spearman'
[/quote]

After more bashing from my warhammer breaking stuff in the night creature body but not doing any effect regarding his strength and accuracy , the thing did it
You bash The Vile Man Wrestler in the neck with your +silver war hammer+, bruising the muscle and bruising the upper spine's nervous tissue!
The Vile Man Wrestler bends Your right foot with The Vile Man Wrestler's left lower arm and the right ankle collapses!
A ligament in the right ankle has been torn and a tendon has been torn!
You fall over.
You give in to pain.

Following that, the gamelog show more than a hundred of line with the creature bashing my unconscious character until finally
The Vile Man Wrestler places a chokehold on Your throat with The Vile Man Wrestler's left upper arm!
The Vile Man Wrestler strangles Your throat!
You have suffocated.

Fights can be very strange in DF, people can destroy each other body and internals for hundred of turns without anyone dying and only a strangling will actually kill.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 07:21:33 am by Robsoie »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6652 on: September 06, 2014, 09:51:12 am »

Decided to check out an abandoned fortress which is occupied by a forgotten beast, I fully expected the possibility of it having some horrible syndrome. However, when I later found it in one of the bedrooms, for a second I thought it said steel and was ready to bolt when I took a second look.

It was a humanoid with wings, made of steam, no special abilities whatsoever (other than MAYBE being a horrible dancer). :/ Pathetically easy to kill. I wonder how the heck a steam FB managed to make dwarves vacate a fortress? If it had some nasty syndrome attached to it, I could see it being plausible, but a lame no-ability FB? pfft.

Edit: I wonder if I would have killed it by just spitting at it...... Going to go back to the save and try. Edit2: Nope.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 09:59:54 am by smjjames »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6653 on: September 07, 2014, 01:03:16 am »

Aww yeah, just killed the elf queen and became the leader of the civilization! I ate her heart directly after my ascension. How do I post screenshots here?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6654 on: September 07, 2014, 01:12:10 am »

Aww yeah, just killed the elf queen and became the leader of the civilization! I ate her heart directly after my ascension. How do I post screenshots here?

Upload your screenshots to an image hosting site, then link the images here.

You can put an image into your post by using this tag:
Code: [Select]
[img] Put the image's URL here [/img]
If you need to adjust the image's size because it is too large, it can be done like this:
Code: [Select]
[img width=# height=#] Put the image's URL here [/img]

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6655 on: September 07, 2014, 01:22:13 am »

I should have decapitated her. If I retire, will my adventurer remain the king? Maybe I could hunt down every king and queen, putting my duel-wielding, warrior adventurers in top position.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 01:26:14 am by StagnantSoul »
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6656 on: September 07, 2014, 01:24:38 am »

Could I place my adventurer in a retired fort, retire that adventurer, and unretired the fort and use him as a dwarf?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6657 on: September 07, 2014, 01:31:01 am »

I should have decapitated her. If I retire, will my adventurer remain the king? Maybe I could hunt down every king and queen, putting my duel-wielding, warrior adventurers in top position.

Fixed the image. Edit: Ah, nevermind. Didn't notice that you already fixed it.

Are you in the Home Tree? I don't think I've ever seen anyone important in a Home Tree before. They are always in some random tree house instead.

If you retire, you might remain the king. I'm not entirely sure if you would keep the title if you were to join a different civilization though.

If you are a dwarf and you unretire the fort, then you may be able to use them, but if he is not a dwarf, then he will act like a pet who needs to eat and drink. Assuming he doesn't bug out in any way. It's been reported that inhabitants of unretired or reclaimed forts act a bit oddly, and are sometimes even marked as hostile when they are not.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6658 on: September 07, 2014, 02:14:39 am »

Dammit... Ohwell. He's a human. Can you rule multiple places at once? I'd love to rule every single country in this world.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6659 on: September 07, 2014, 09:15:52 am »

Dammit... Ohwell. He's a human. Can you rule multiple places at once? I'd love to rule every single country in this world.
I've owned multiple places at once before, but from different groups. Now, I'm The Lord of multiple entities (not civs, but their subgroups), and the resulting political turmoil should be pretty funny.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 10:44:03 am by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 1104