Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094453 times)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6345 on: July 21, 2014, 04:19:38 pm »

A good night's sleep in a hill dwarf "drinking burrow" has been ruined by sturgeon fighting bogey men. Now everyone wants to go see what the fuss is about and mayhem is certain to ensue. I just wanted a place to stay 'till Dawn!

EDIT - so apparently drinking burrows are not at all safe from bogeymen attacks. It's a massacre.
EDIT x 2 - aaaand I got chased onto the roof and no one inside will help me. Where's the discussion menu for "shout for help!"
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 04:29:53 pm by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6346 on: July 21, 2014, 04:27:05 pm »

A good night's sleep in a hill dwarf "drinking burrow" has been ruined by sturgeon fighting bogey men. Now everyone wants to go see what the fuss is about and mayhem is certain to ensue. I just wanted a place to stay 'till Dawn!

EDIT - so apparently drinking burrows are not at all safe from bogeymen attacks. It's a massacre.

That was supposed to have been fixed in 40.2?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6347 on: July 21, 2014, 04:32:08 pm »

That was supposed to have been fixed in 40.2?

Just downloaded. I think the trouble was the bogeymen attacked some fish in the river (sturgeon) and everyone rushed out to see what the fuss was about and the bogeymen got in that way.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6348 on: July 21, 2014, 04:36:57 pm »

Spawned as a human wanderer in a human town. Walking outside my building was pretty laggy, so I wondered what was up. I saw a horde of 8 or so goblin zombies attacking the town, with more on sight. They massacred the entire market, and started following me too. Eventually I got shanked and my head caved in by the horde. Legends says they were animated by unknown forces, but their home was in the town they attacked. Apparently it was some kind of insurrection.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6349 on: July 21, 2014, 07:23:23 pm »

I just created an elf adventurer, killed the queen and druid (the last two elves in the world), and committed suicide by stabbing a fire imp in the chest with a wooden spear. Apparently this created some sort of loyalty cascade, as the imps all started fighting as soon as I did it. But anyway, there are now no elves left in my world.

EDIT: LegendsViewer confirms this. There are no elves - not even prisoners. I can't play as an elf in adventure mode, either.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 07:34:03 pm by TheFlame52 »

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6350 on: July 21, 2014, 07:56:10 pm »

I just created an elf adventurer, killed the queen and druid (the last two elves in the world), and committed suicide by stabbing a fire imp in the chest with a wooden spear. Apparently this created some sort of loyalty cascade, as the imps all started fighting as soon as I did it. But anyway, there are now no elves left in my world.

EDIT: LegendsViewer confirms this. There are no elves - not even prisoners. I can't play as an elf in adventure mode, either.

excellent news
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #6351 on: July 21, 2014, 08:26:06 pm »

@Detonate
Which reminds me...

As I was looking through Legends Mode, I noticed that Zombies can make the conscious decision to turn to banditry. Guess they resort to that after turning their former masters into ground meat.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6352 on: July 21, 2014, 09:18:34 pm »

Generated a world where the only surviving races are humans (who no longer reside in towns - they have jurisdiction in a forest retreat and a dark pits) and the goblins (who have been crippled, with control over no dark fortresses but a couple towns and some dark pits).
After hacking down some stuff as an adventurer with an axe, I'll start a fort.
EDIT: Also, I found out how to triple/quadruple/whatever wield weapons.
EDIT2: Picked up a crutch, discovered an old bug. Can't seem to get rid of the slowing effects of trying to crutch-walk with no leg injuries.

RNK6

• Escaped Lunatic
  • We're going to need a bigger spoon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6353 on: July 22, 2014, 01:58:06 am »

0.40.01, first adventurer.

spawned into a large room containing nothing except me and a necromancer. struck up a friendly conversation and convinced him to join me. the next room contained about 50 or so goblins and dwarves, apparently friendly to each other. the room after that contained about 40 goblin and dwarf corpses, in many pieces, and about 20 fighting each other. i join the fight, and after exchanging a few blows with the nearest gobbo, my necromancer buddy casts reanimate dead.

and so started the great finger scourge of 551
I've discovered I can knock them back into joint by holding them right and flexing the finger. It goes crunch quietly and it suddenly moves easier and less painfully.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6354 on: July 22, 2014, 02:01:37 am »

0.40.01, first adventurer.

spawned into a large room containing nothing except me and a necromancer. struck up a friendly conversation and convinced him to join me. the next room contained about 50 or so goblins and dwarves, apparently friendly to each other. the room after that contained about 40 goblin and dwarf corpses, in many pieces, and about 20 fighting each other. i join the fight, and after exchanging a few blows with the nearest gobbo, my necromancer buddy casts reanimate dead.

and so started the great finger scourge of 551

so who did the fingers fight for
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

_elf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6355 on: July 22, 2014, 02:30:13 am »

After a short bout of turtling up with two shields, my elf's been ankle-locking/armbarring various dwarfs and humans before robbing them. Some steel was found, but not until he made a series of claims at various mounds did the powers that be end up sending mission oriented dwarfs well laden with steel. This of course required a Karl Tanner impression without any misbegotten snow.

Anyways, everything returns back to the very beginning of Conan and that early quest for steel. The life of a highway man is quite a thing until the luck runs out. Hopefully that's a while away.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6356 on: July 22, 2014, 03:29:10 am »

@Detonate
Which reminds me...

As I was looking through Legends Mode, I noticed that Zombies can make the conscious decision to turn to banditry. Guess they resort to that after turning their former masters into ground meat.
not only that you also end up with commander necromancer forces which makes me wonder how deep banditry and armies are for npcs to hit those titles.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6357 on: July 22, 2014, 11:45:53 am »

Due to the fact wearing metal armor with four axes and three shields slows you down, I'm training Armor User with a Horseshoe Crab.
Turns out even when it misses (read: all the time), Armor User increases.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6358 on: July 22, 2014, 12:08:17 pm »

After genning a world where there are no surviving Kobolds (Both starting caves were destroyed by Rocs' in year 3 and 31), I decided I would have to remedy this.

So, after some minor raw editing, Omus "Deathcrafts" Osodan has begun his quest to create a powerful Kobold empire and hold the world in his tiny, tiny, grasp. At the moment though he is working on stealthily killing and skinning a group of 15 or so cats that happened to be nearby after he woke up in a Human town...

First the cats, then the world!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6359 on: July 22, 2014, 02:37:20 pm »

tried my hand at Gnome putting

second one I was baffled at how the minecart is floating on magma until I realize there's a single tile floating under it then remember I chucked a minecart full of water at a gnome in one of my botch attempts.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 1104