Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094505 times)

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6330 on: July 20, 2014, 10:22:52 pm »

Made a human Axe-Mistress, she started as a devout follower of the Goddess of Mercy, Rain, and Healing- so naturally my first action was to march into a neighboring hill-dwarf hamlet and slaughter 7/8ths of every living thing there in the name of "The League of Righteousness". Of the survivors, I took about 5 or so minions to repeat the process with the next settlement. The hamlet after that one probably had hundreds of drunks in it, 'cause my entire army (10 or so, half of which rather skilled from fighting my battles for me) died in the struggle and I got bored of hacking midgets in the chest until their guard fell just enough to lop their heads off so I fled back home to retire.

I expect I'll see some entertaining engravings, later on.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6331 on: July 20, 2014, 10:34:18 pm »

i finaly gened a world with war happening i just got sent of to fight by my lady well war hasent happened yet auctualy but still

edit thats nice it shows up in your agrements i have no idea which civ is the evils of starvation though

i ran into somebody returning from patrol that felt like a nice bit of active world also i have been ambushed only thing i see so far is a voracious cave crawler recruit

it wasent attacking me so i just left but the game is still registering ambushes from it so its clearly an enemy

shame my sword is made of silver

that was close i was about to enter a river at the top of the waterfall
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 10:49:30 pm by tuypo1 »
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

99Hedgehog

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:USE_TILESET: UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6332 on: July 20, 2014, 11:20:23 pm »

This means a human force friendly to me is attacking a stronghold my group controls to strike at enemies who aren't there anymore.

So sigging this.
[under a terrifying biome]
"Can you describe what the surface is like?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6333 on: July 21, 2014, 12:11:37 am »

made a small sized world, nice continent, but what wll be fun to adventure on is a small little island with a equally small human civ, but three necro towers on that one small island in only 100 years!

Electronic Phantom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6334 on: July 21, 2014, 12:14:05 am »

Made a dwarf hero demigod, mostly because I wanted to cruise around feeling semi-invulnerable.  Well.  Mr. "Invulnerable" cruised around, visited a few sites, wacked a few civs... and got one shot by the first night hag ( hag wrestler ) he saw when she ripped his throat out a split-turn before he would have taken her arm off.  Or, rather, she ripped his throat out and proceeded to beat him bloody until he bled to death.  He did not land a single blow.

Fear the night, indeed!

Amusingly, the night hag had 'ambushed' Mr. "Invulnerable"... but immediatly decided to run away.  Mr. "Invulnerable" mustered his courage after a few moments, then gave chase, shouting how violent and strong (and etc...) he was.  Her only response was "go away"... and the quiescence she showed as he danced around threateningly was, perhaps, best understood as the calm before the storm.  That as opposed to terror.

Previously, Mr. "Invulnerable" was walking along a mountain and decided to practice on the local wildlife.  He tried attacking a giant louse... which promptly bounced across the nearest river (stream?).  So... instead of getting his feet wet, he decided to go over and kill a giant mosquito.  That, too, proved too agile for the squat adventurer to smite.  So, in a bad mood, he continued south towards a city ruled by a 'criminal organization.'  And, as he was heading down the mountain, a mosquitoman proceeded to screech, at the top of his lungs, how he had attacked Mr. "Invulnerable" to one of his friends.  Now.  Render that in the most annoying, nasal, falsetto voice you can think of and put it on a circle track for a day and a half.  I suspected the mosquitomen were following Mr. "Invulnerable", but I couldn't spot them.

-(e)EP

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6335 on: July 21, 2014, 12:19:44 am »

Just figured out that jump-tackles are always successful on airborne opponents (that is, one that's been thrown, tackled, or falling). Doing this repeatedly allows one to get an extensive tackle combo on a single opponent, giving them little to no chance to retaliate if you're lucky. I managed to kill at least 3 night trolls and 7 bogeymen this way. Now I'd just like to know if this could work on Bronze Colossi and other gigantic monsters.

Heh. Reminds me of those crazy-long combos from fighting games like MvC2 and GGXX2.

this works on any one, also if you move hella fast you can start playing around with jumping and minecarts which results in launching someone into the air then push into a minecart loaded with what ever to T-bone the guy.

you can push a minecart by jumping into it.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6336 on: July 21, 2014, 12:35:58 am »

hm it seems night trolls are good at detecting stealthed enemys

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6337 on: July 21, 2014, 02:33:31 am »

I found a dark goblin fortress and killed a goblin and a dwarf which I encountered, made it to the lower level and met a human commander who was happy to hear I had killed the dwarf. I was in the cavernlike area where there these gigantic holes that I couldn't see the bottom of were with no path downwards. I climbed down about 60 z-levels into the actual caverns thankfully not falling to my death. I was really excited to potentially find something interesting, and went around the perimeter of the slade fortress which extended at least this far into the ground. I swam under the cap of a mushroom tree and drowned to death.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6338 on: July 21, 2014, 02:40:13 am »

well thats odd i exited fast travel outside a shrine and found a bronze colloses i think surrounded by flames

i saw a dwarven child one of the underground goblin rooms im trying to talk to it and try and work out how to rescue it but its walking away for some reason

i had a prisoner i rescued as a companion i decided i would give it the kill on the cyclops but it was taking to long so i gave him a weapon interestingly he was constantly hitting the head which was nice
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 05:44:25 am by tuypo1 »

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6339 on: July 21, 2014, 12:24:17 pm »

The terror system in combat needs some tweaks:
I arrived to a village while some bandits were attacking it. I took my sword and my shield, but they immediately surrounded me, and ordered to yeld.
Obviously, I refused, and they reacted in the best way possible... running away as fast as possible, leaving the village. All except one, who decided that climbing over that 4-tiles wide house was the ONLY way out; unfortunately, he was not a great climber, so I had timee to walk next to him and stab him in the head, while he kept falling in his attempt to get the f*** out.
I was alone, with a bronze sword, against 12 - 13 people. I guess this wasn't supposed to be the reaction.
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6340 on: July 21, 2014, 12:38:56 pm »

hm it seems night trolls are good at detecting stealthed enemys
They have bloodsense.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 01:58:20 am by Alev »

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6341 on: July 21, 2014, 01:45:13 pm »

Went to a fortress, and suddenly lag.
Found out WHY it was lagging.
Goblins were there as traders and stuff.
Don't know why they were there in the first place, though.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6342 on: July 21, 2014, 01:48:18 pm »

So far kinda like how everyone are more tolerant to the adventurer which allows you to setup silly challenge sessions like living in a lair with a nightcreature and trying to pimp them out as best as you can.

Went to a fortress, and suddenly lag.
Found out WHY it was lagging.
Goblins were there as traders and stuff.
Don't know why they were there in the first place, though.
uhh there's loads of dwarves now more or less all the dwarves bunch up in one place if you start in a small island.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6343 on: July 21, 2014, 01:53:08 pm »

The fun thing is that it's devolved into an all-out brawl.
Nobody has hurt me but my companion is doomed.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6344 on: July 21, 2014, 02:35:30 pm »

I have had that before too, at dwarf fortresses. Usually around the depot or in those rooms where everyone is packed into.
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 1104