Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102433 times)

Scott Cee

• Bay Watcher
  • a medium-sized humanoid prone to procrastination
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4500 on: July 09, 2012, 04:37:38 pm »

I took great pleasure, thanks to the crossbow armed dudes my misadventurer tools around with, in cutting off, one by one, all the hooves of several prone giraffes.

Also, I had far more trouble dealing with a night thingy child than either the groom or its mother. It did some serious damage to my left hand to the point where it is now useless.
Scott Cee Cancels Sleep : Playing Dwarf Fortress

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: July 09, 2012, 05:12:10 pm »

I'm on a mission to slay a false god.
Bastard dodges a lot. D:

He IS a legendary dodger. And legendary everything else too.

Yes.

The battle resumed and he cut my foot off; so I ran for it; only to encounter a Hill Titan; which webbed me and finished me off in 1 blow.
I managed to score a few blows on the false god, problem is it was being deflected (good reason to rely on a epic wrestler).
I then sent 3 other hero's after the hill titan and they all got 1 shotted by it, next time I'll just try to pull
the Ninja card on it and throw crap at it while stealthing. XD

So my next mission when I play again is... Kill Hill Titan for training so I can kill the false god after.

Stupid webs...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 05:26:21 pm by Guylock »

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: July 09, 2012, 05:53:56 pm »

I modified the world so that there would be a huge concentration of megabeasts. As a consequence, I was fighting three giants that were in one lair, when I get a notice about a Hydra announcing it's presence. As I hadn't seen any Hydras when I first entered, I was confused, and walked to the exit of the lair to figure out what was happening. Right about then, I see a Hydra making it's way down the passage, and dealt me a quick and bloody fate.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: July 09, 2012, 05:55:51 pm »

I've always wondered why the You have been spotted! message appears twice.

I had two adventures today.

The first ended in a labyrinth. Never again.

The second ended in the ruins of my old fort, Puzzletin, thanks to a goblin master thief. At least my human adventurer got to taste dwarven wine before he died (dragging that rock pot around with me wasn't worth the weight though. A shame you cannot fill your waterskin from a rock pot or barrel).
You can throw a handful of wine then fill your flask from it. 

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: July 09, 2012, 07:07:03 pm »

I've always wondered why the You have been spotted! message appears twice.

I had two adventures today.

The first ended in a labyrinth. Never again.

The second ended in the ruins of my old fort, Puzzletin, thanks to a goblin master thief. At least my human adventurer got to taste dwarven wine before he died (dragging that rock pot around with me wasn't worth the weight though. A shame you cannot fill your waterskin from a rock pot or barrel).

Really? I've found a total of one labyrinth. For all the boasting... yeah, the minotaur was a little bit sad. I still have his head.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: July 09, 2012, 07:56:17 pm »

My first minotaur fight after the first adventure mode overhaul that included natural skills tags and labyrinths, detailed earlier in this thread somewhere, went rather horribly. For my companions, at least. Nearly everyone died, and the remainder were almost all horribly maimed.

Minotaurs are not to be trifled with. One fight may go spectacularly, but remember that they're intelligent and always come armed with a weapon and the natural skill to use it effectively. During worldgen they could rack up enough kills to become legendary.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: July 09, 2012, 10:47:22 pm »

Small room full of goblins, stealth/kill them all, get up to the boss. Only hit he gets on me is a bolt through the neck with his masterwork steel crossbow. Stab and strangle into unconciousness, decapitate...then bleed to death.
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

backora900

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: July 10, 2012, 04:16:48 am »

My legendary ambusher/necromancer is just on a little walk through some hamlets. My army is invincible. ;D :o (That is super overpowered)
Now I visited some tombs - that is a lot of minions and no one is even atempting to stop me. Mummy just idly stand while I wrestle/hack it to pieces.
Now only think I am afraid of is a dragonfire.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: July 10, 2012, 04:32:45 am »

Get a shield and shield user skill.

*You block the dragonfire!*

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: July 10, 2012, 04:53:46 am »

I took great pleasure, thanks to the crossbow armed dudes my misadventurer tools around with, in cutting off, one by one, all the hooves of several prone giraffes.

Also, I had far more trouble dealing with a night thingy child than either the groom or its mother. It did some serious damage to my left hand to the point where it is now useless.
You can put the "stacks" dwarven wine/rum/ale directly into your backpack.

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: July 10, 2012, 04:54:49 am »

Hacking and slashing and stabbing my way around the countryside, 81 notable kills, 70 other kills. In a lair about to shred some monsters...and it killed a "Mignight Monster" as there are bits and pieces of it lying around...anyone know what it is? Have Wanderer's on Vanilla.

backora900

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: July 10, 2012, 05:43:30 am »

Get a shield and shield user skill.

*You block the dragonfire!*
Oh, nice. Now only find some simple was to train it.
But I thought more like not turning my *zombie army* into !!zombie army!!.

But wait...
Now that is exactly what will be my next step. Imagine flaming zombies besieging a city. Only shame is that walls can't take fire :D

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: July 10, 2012, 05:54:05 am »

True.
You wont be able to move close to your zombies tough, and if something that you have in your inventory ignites, you'll have to drop it or die.

Oh, and the zombies may want to ignite you.

(tough i agree that !!zombies!! > zombies)

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: July 10, 2012, 05:55:10 am »

Went to a Dark Fortress...locator on top right says I'm dead bang in the right spot, nothing there.
Went to the Mountainhome...locator says I'm dead bang in the right spot,  nothing there.

How do you get into these places?
Might go see if I can find a necro tower to practice my whipping skills on...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: July 10, 2012, 06:13:39 am »

*sigh*

You cant visit these sites, they arent there.

Only towers, tombs and villages/cities can be visited if i'm correct.
Basically, any human site.

Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 1104