Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095172 times)

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4200 on: May 20, 2012, 10:29:18 pm »

In Masterwork,I just found a lair and went down to find a sea serpent on land.
Long story short,I broke his spine and he drowned.
I was just attacked by a sea monster in the jungle, I threw my pants at it and it drowned.
What the hell was in those pants? :o

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: May 20, 2012, 11:22:38 pm »

IT's likely that the animal was about to drown anyway and throwing pants at it was simply a way to torture it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: May 20, 2012, 11:23:59 pm »

Do you have a pair of un-lagging pants? I'm stuck in lag in the middle of a frozen ocean. FFFFFFF-
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: May 21, 2012, 08:03:26 am »

What the hell was in those pants? :o

It drowned on it's own. Sadly my pants are not magical, I threw my pants at a bandit and he didn't drown but he died with a very confused look on his face.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: May 21, 2012, 09:07:27 am »

Found an excitement-loving mummy who agreed to join me on his quest. He didn't love excitement enough to leave his tomb, though. Just as well, I expected problems with his hatred of the living, and he didn't have any decent gear, possibly because I took his masterworked iron chain shirt. Only two more and the greaves before I have a full set!

I've been amazed by where I find good gear, so I wonder how much of it I've dismissed even looking at just because I didn't have high expectations of where it was laying. I found steel spear and shield in the sewer, and a masterworked scimitar with my last adventurer, found a masterworked breastplate just laying on the floor in a lady's fortress, and masterworked helm in another keep. Maybe it's coincidence, but the quality and material seems to get better around dwarven and goblin populations.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: May 22, 2012, 01:18:52 am »

Those mummies act like they don't know me, but I keep finding figurines of myself in their loot. Found a nice horn silver one that I was determined to kill someone with. Maybe the next person who mocks my name. I know it's stupid -- it's no dumber than the dozen+ names I rolled, but it's mine!

I reached the second largest city according to my map and the fact that there's over half vacancy while the largest is nearly full. When I came into the keep, it was full of goblin commoners, more than I'd ever seen in any other keep, 4-9 per room, and I knew that was a vampire cult. The lawgiver was an olm man -- I confronted him and jammed that figurine through his vampire brain. I went from room to room with it, too late to save the few soldiers caught flat-footed by goblin cultists, and brained everyone with solid silver. When the keep was clear, there were 48 kills on it. Mission accomplished!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: May 22, 2012, 02:20:29 am »

Working on getting companions to hitch a ride. so far you need to get one of the party to start up and the second to jump in while it's in motion for it to work.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: May 22, 2012, 03:06:27 am »

Running around as a vampire-necromancer.

Note to self: raising a dragon corpse, as cool as it sounds, is actually very ‼HOT‼

The corpses breath fire, too.
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

snoopychicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: May 22, 2012, 06:08:23 am »

After half a month bogeying the bogeymen with my silver whip, it was time.

I entered the lair and stripped to my bare legs, it wouldn't be ideal if I needed a quick escape but I couldn't risk my one remaining arm. I steeled my nerve ready to battle the occupant, I didn't want to do this to myself but if I were to continue my adventuring and go for the titan as my Lady had requested I would need the arm the alligator took from me.

I ventured further in and my gaze rested upon the accursed...Werepanda! His voice, a gravelly rumbling, informed me he'd killed bigger and better than myself. I doubt it.
We circled each other and my battle hardened combat skills kicked in, I reflexively dodged every move he made, I would need to go against my instincts if this was to work. I stopped and the Were seeing his chance dove for my foot, and grabbed it with his mouth tearing the skin. I was thrown to the floor and realised I had what I came for, I lashed out at his legs but missed as he ripped my foot from my leg. I howled with pain but my unconscious mind was seeing things I did not, as if possessed my whip cracked and it was all over, the Were fell forward his skull caved in, the battle won.
I stripped down feeling the change coming and left the lair, I crawled away for a few tiles before coming down to take stock of myself, wait, I felt...good, I had started running without noticing it! My arm was there, but...different... covered in.. some sort of fur... I smiled a sharp toothed grin. Ilda Searchgrown the Worried Belts of Amazing was back!

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: May 22, 2012, 11:42:44 am »

After half a month bogeying the bogeymen with my silver whip, it was time.

I entered the lair and stripped to my bare legs, it wouldn't be ideal if I needed a quick escape but I couldn't risk my one remaining arm. I steeled my nerve ready to battle the occupant, I didn't want to do this to myself but if I were to continue my adventuring and go for the titan as my Lady had requested I would need the arm the alligator took from me.

I ventured further in and my gaze rested upon the accursed...Werepanda! His voice, a gravelly rumbling, informed me he'd killed bigger and better than myself. I doubt it.
We circled each other and my battle hardened combat skills kicked in, I reflexively dodged every move he made, I would need to go against my instincts if this was to work. I stopped and the Were seeing his chance dove for my foot, and grabbed it with his mouth tearing the skin. I was thrown to the floor and realised I had what I came for, I lashed out at his legs but missed as he ripped my foot from my leg. I howled with pain but my unconscious mind was seeing things I did not, as if possessed my whip cracked and it was all over, the Were fell forward his skull caved in, the battle won.
I stripped down feeling the change coming and left the lair, I crawled away for a few tiles before coming down to take stock of myself, wait, I felt...good, I had started running without noticing it! My arm was there, but...different... covered in.. some sort of fur... I smiled a sharp toothed grin. Ilda Searchgrown the Worried Belts of Amazing was back!

forget the whip you need to learn Kung Fu now
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: May 22, 2012, 12:23:48 pm »

Maybe this city is more populated than I first thought. The density is around 40-50% inside the walls, but the total area is spread enormously, and stays around 30-50% to the limits of the outskirts. And outside of that are two banks of lairs, 33 in total, which I'm sure will host plenty of werebeasts. The moon is waxing gibbous, so I think I can hold off on them until I'm ready to pick out a wereform.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: May 22, 2012, 07:44:14 pm »

I am was doomed. My left arm was hacked off and my right arm was slashed open and my body was wracked with more wounds than I can count. The foe grew bold, they had superior numbers and superior armaments they laughed in their shrill tongues at what I'd become. They didn't recognize the danger. I was a man with  nothing to lose.  Without my arms to fight I used my feet and teeth. I , a legendary human fighter and dabbling biter knew I was condemned to die and I seized the final opportunity to cause harm. I bit into the soft flesh of a mans face and when I shook I tore his entire head off. Using only my teeth and the momentum of my neck I threw the severed head and it collided with my second victim, the impact reduced his skull head to a gory mess. The last man in the room reevaluated the odds, two men dead a matter of seconds and now the playing field was even. He ran from the room in terror and I fled the village. Another pursued me but I lashed out with my feet his shins splintered and as he fell to the ground I fell upon him biting into his head and tearing it off in my mouth. I sit in the swamps now. I am not a doctor but I know that my tongue has become infected, my death is unavoidable and the bloodloss from my previous injuries means it will be fairly soon. I will have my revenge. Their lord resides in a fortress a short walk to the north. I will take his life, I will bathe in his blood and the heathens shall speak in hushed whispers of the monster wearing a mans skin that defied all reason in his lust for murder.

yamgrenade

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels task: Is a Dumba**
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: May 22, 2012, 07:52:01 pm »

I was playing an elf ranger/sneaky bastard bowman sorta thing, and I had used all ~35 of my starting arrows to kill 2 bandits and cripple another. As I ran towards the cripple to slay him, I was spotted by a bowman and shot in the gut with an iron arrow.
I grabbed the arrow, stabbed the crippled swordsman in the head with it, then drew my bow and fired a shot straight into the bowmans eye.

I was shortly killed by a boss, but still. EPIC story :D

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: May 22, 2012, 09:38:33 pm »

Found a elf slave in a fortress. Since when are there slaves?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: May 22, 2012, 09:58:06 pm »

Got jumped by naked mole dogs, thinking the cave I was going to hole up in would be safe for the night while I tried to find a human settlement. Got knocked out as I lacked a helmet, and my disc launcher didnt deal a death blow like I hoped it would.

My brains got nommed by moles.
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 1104