Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095447 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #3585 on: February 18, 2012, 08:55:44 am »

The Cavy Sow bites You in the right upper leg, bruising the fat through the sheep wool coat!
The Cavy Sow latches on firmly!

You break the grip of The Cavy Sow's teeth from Your right upper leg!
The Cavy Sow bites You in the upper body, bruising the muscle and bruising the right lung through the sheep wool coat!
The Cavy Sow latches on firmly!

A mortal wound, by the way...

EDIT: Survived that encounter. Just happened across a dead wild hog (not my doing). I was mystified until I noticed an alligator some distance away. This is also by a river, and I noticed some blood running down the river a ways away...
A bruised lung registers as a mortal wound but won't actually kill you unless you bruise both.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: February 18, 2012, 08:59:08 am »

On my journeys I have pissed off the local humans. I'm trying to find friendly places.
In the sewers I found nothing but dead amphibian/frog/etc men and women. I left.
I killed fifty dogs/cats/hens as they mobbed me around every single corner. I mean swarms of the sodding things.
I came across a random little battlefield full of Amphibian man corpses and a child in the middle of them who, being human, wanted to kill me.

I then had to run half the night away from boogeymen. I came to a deserted fortress and killed some moth men. A giant tick bit my left hand off. Picked up an iron shield. I'm too large for any of the other equipment. Now I'm sort of stuck between a rock and a hard place. Can't sleep or fast travel. This is irritating.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: February 18, 2012, 09:56:47 am »

Somehow on my last journey, I pissed off the locals, which is kind of strange. I'm savescumming and seeing if it happens again. If it does I guess I'll have to go on a murderous rampage. Or move on, but I think the closest kingdom is about  a week traveling away
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: February 18, 2012, 10:43:45 am »

My companion has been bitten by a were-kangaroo... This will either end in awesome or hilarious failure.

This is DF. It will somehow do both.

Turns out it ended in fairly boring failure - she was killed by bandits under the city keep. Along with absolutely everyone else in the party.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: February 18, 2012, 06:17:42 pm »

My companion has been bitten by a were-kangaroo... This will either end in awesome or hilarious failure.

This is DF. It will somehow do both.

Turns out it ended in fairly boring failure - she was killed by bandits under the city keep. Along with absolutely everyone else in the party.

Aww. I was expecting her trying to kill you guys in your sleep.

Pie Q

• Bay Watcher
  • Peasent Adventurer, High Musicality
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: February 18, 2012, 06:37:10 pm »

I'm not sure what to do now, my adventurer has 600 sentient kills and almost 400 beast kills. I've killed most historical figures and now have nothing to do.  Plus, my adventurer's speed dropped from 1800 to 1200 because of an infection. I tried looking for a were-something to cure my illness but no luck. Will becoming a vampire cure me? ( also, how do I get into the caverns to kill the last forgotten beasts?)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: February 18, 2012, 06:45:44 pm »

I'm not sure what to do now, my adventurer has 600 sentient kills and almost 400 beast kills. I've killed most historical figures and now have nothing to do.  Plus, my adventurer's speed dropped from 1800 to 1200 because of an infection. I tried looking for a were-something to cure my illness but no luck. Will becoming a vampire cure me? ( also, how do I get into the caverns to kill the last forgotten beasts?)

The beasts haven't been forgotten, no-one wants to talk about them is all....

kyle902

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: February 18, 2012, 06:57:54 pm »

On my latest vampire playthrough I killed about 60 people IN ONE ROOM then got 1 shotted by a bowman..... Such is life in Dwarf Fortress.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: February 18, 2012, 07:06:55 pm »

I was walking over sewer grates when out of nowhere I get confronted by a bandit leader who must've been swimming or something. I can imagine it now: "Hey, you! YOU! PREPARE TO- *goes underwater* *comes back up and gasps* PREPARE TO DIE!"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: February 18, 2012, 08:00:39 pm »

When Captain America throws his mighty shield,
All those who chose to oppose his shield must yield!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: February 18, 2012, 08:42:31 pm »

To attempt to become a were-creature, I had to wait in a town for over a week.  Once the moon was full, I went to the monsters' lairs only to find were-asses in every cave. 

Alrik

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: February 18, 2012, 08:53:29 pm »

For over two hours i have been trying to find a creature in the sewers of a town, i have killed 3 different gang leaders and wanderd around over two hours in the sewers, i cant really seem to find the target. the sewers is huge, my food did run out and starving i found my way out, went and baught some food and water, and slept. and when i came back the whole map was black again, seems my adventurer forgot how things looked down there. well only to go down again!

calico103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: February 18, 2012, 10:45:35 pm »

Finally became a necromancer after several failed tries. I have a horde of 38 zombies, who I let kill everything as I watch from a safe (enough) distance.
This is the bomb!

And it's set to go off in fifteen seconds...

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: February 18, 2012, 10:56:14 pm »

Necromacers are so overpowered, After becoming a necromancer and storing the tablet in a temple my legendary adventurer went on to raise three undead dragons, then retire in a tomb. i made a new adventurer and grabbed the tablet, becoming a necromancer after one day of adventuring, then started training archery and raised a 500 zombie army which was so powerful i got bored of massacreing people.

btw i think 500 is the limit because after i reached about that number i raised 15 more zombies and when i checked my companions list, i had 15 zombies instead of 515. the rest of my zombies made a giant mosh pit and just sat there being cool.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: February 18, 2012, 11:05:44 pm »

Necromacers are so overpowered, After becoming a necromancer and storing the tablet in a temple my legendary adventurer went on to raise three undead dragons, then retire in a tomb. i made a new adventurer and grabbed the tablet, becoming a necromancer after one day of adventuring, then started training archery and raised a 500 zombie army which was so powerful i got bored of massacreing people.

btw i think 500 is the limit because after i reached about that number i raised 15 more zombies and when i checked my companions list, i had 15 zombies instead of 515. the rest of my zombies made a giant mosh pit and just sat there being cool.

I wonde rif this is the case with living adventurers too.
500 companions? You have a small army right there.
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 1104