Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095464 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #3555 on: February 17, 2012, 02:56:52 pm »

I just found a superhuman!
Its human bowman, the human pincushion!

oh, i love throwning <iron bolts> at people.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #3556 on: February 17, 2012, 03:43:19 pm »

So like, i just found a night beast. The kicker? It's a human child. Incoming infanticide. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: February 17, 2012, 06:05:45 pm »

I walked into a keep to pick up some soldiers. The first sight? The soldiers are fighting the First Future (a goblin) and killing him. They randomly backed off, and when I walked next to the First Future he shouts "PREPARE TO DIE!" and tries to kill me. I kill him, then the soldiers turn hostile and I take them down too. I walk upstairs and get jumped by a serpent man lawgiver sitting on a pile of human corpses. I run like hell from him when I notice that he is actually a really good fighter, then run out of the keep and back to town. I can't travel out for some reason, so I walk into a store and the shopkeepers try to kill me. I turned the entire city against me because I attacked someone who attacked me first.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: February 17, 2012, 06:11:17 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 08:07:44 am by Ogdibus »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: February 17, 2012, 06:15:43 pm »

I walked into a keep to pick up some soldiers. The first sight? The soldiers are fighting the First Future (a goblin) and killing him. They randomly backed off, and when I walked next to the First Future he shouts "PREPARE TO DIE!" and tries to kill me. I kill him, then the soldiers turn hostile and I take them down too. I walk upstairs and get jumped by a serpent man lawgiver sitting on a pile of human corpses. I run like hell from him when I notice that he is actually a really good fighter, then run out of the keep and back to town. I can't travel out for some reason, so I walk into a store and the shopkeepers try to kill me. I turned the entire city against me because I attacked someone who attacked me first.

You're not alone.  Something's wonky with entities, I suspect.
That's kind of weird. I'm also taking a couple seconds to process each turn, probably from every single person in the city all turning against each other for no reason.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: February 17, 2012, 06:31:20 pm »

Massacred a human town. Ended up with about 80 kills. Travelling to the next town I was beset by two bandits: a maceman and a pikeman. Despite being legendary spear skill and skilled with a sword, I could not hit either of them. They blocked the bolts, they blocked my attacks, and completely decimated me.

I'm beginning to see why people are a little irritated by the bandit attacks...

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: February 17, 2012, 06:56:16 pm »

It seems bogeymen are very susceptible to being bisected at the waist. I just killed an entire bogeymen ambush by chopping them in half with my sword.

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: February 17, 2012, 07:00:08 pm »

Went to fight a vampire at a temple.  It... dodged my first attack.
And fell 6 z levels into water.
It can't swim.
Lol.
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: February 17, 2012, 07:00:20 pm »

It seems bogeymen are very susceptible to being bisected at the waist. I just killed an entire bogeymen ambush by chopping them in half with my sword.

I noticed that too. But you need alot of strength for the killing blow.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: February 17, 2012, 07:16:20 pm »

My companion has been bitten by a were-kangaroo... This will either end in awesome or hilarious failure.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: February 17, 2012, 07:17:35 pm »

My companion has been bitten by a were-kangaroo... This will either end in awesome or hilarious failure.

This is DF. It will somehow do both.

sirquote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: February 17, 2012, 08:27:02 pm »

Got two quests in a capital city sewers, 1 normal kill quest and 1 queen approved giant montrosity quest.

Am I the only one with empty sewers? In two towns I have discovered that all there is in here is dead fish/fishman bodies. granted the quest giver actually stated to "First search ...  the sewers" which means I could be looking in the wrong place. oh wells, lots of fish man skellies to raise/add to my army.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: February 17, 2012, 08:32:25 pm »

I find the remains of battles in the sewers alot. Typically a mess of dead humans, a coupl chests of weapons, and normally the survivors will be somewhere nearby.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: February 17, 2012, 08:47:14 pm »

My axeman had an epic battle with an axegoblin. After killing his spearwoman leader and pike-wielding pal, the axer promptly crippled my legs. We started hacking at each other; I swiftly removed a foot, and it went from there. After I removed his weapon-wielding hand, he picked his axe up in the other. He disabled my arms, shield-arm first, as well as one foot; I bit and tore off his remaining hand. He bled to death; after one turn of somehow picking the loot off of the dead axegobbo, I followed suit. In bleeding to death, that is.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: February 17, 2012, 08:52:54 pm »

My vampire-necromancer has realized that animated ravens are the new best thing in undead circles.
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 1104