Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096536 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #3120 on: December 07, 2011, 10:56:21 pm »

A guy just EXPLODED after i threw him 0_0

Fun fact: people are fly-weight, wrestle a guy and if you're lucky, he/she might be flying more than three screens away with a blood trail to mark.

wait, you can have your companions equip things?  DFusion or...?
Yes, from what I hear.

~~~
Working on an Elven mod [similar to Tolkein's elves but made less and near extinction]. Adventures are epic as mostly everyone likes/hates you coupled with the near-everyday raid by orcs and bogeymen. I cannot get companions  :-\ . Surviving on sneaking and shooting.

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: December 08, 2011, 05:16:51 am »

I cannot get companions

That is for one reason : you are an elf. You may be a idfferent kind of elf, but they can see it. They know that Armok will claim you eventually....
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: December 08, 2011, 06:07:07 am »

Cacame.
*Hugs*

Joost66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: December 08, 2011, 07:49:49 pm »

This is, so far, the tale of Nil Nomaldetes, Female Hammerdwarf
WARNING: Lot's of text beyond the spoiler, read if you are prepared...
(I'm doing this adventure using my modded in pig people)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For those wondering, I used Boar as male pigmen and Sow for female pigmen.
Hello. Have a nice day.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: December 09, 2011, 12:58:16 am »

Testing my dead summons(though items using Dfusion) and so far I can only get ghosts to pop up safely with out crashing.

My Adventuress test subject usually spends her bandit raids killing them all then conjuring their spirits into the mortal realm and force them into watching her steal their stuff, play around with their bodies.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: December 09, 2011, 05:30:19 pm »

Searching for any kind of civilisation... I started out in the middle of nowhere, no settlement in a day's walk. I thought "Hmm, strange."

Then I found an abandoned hamlet and kept on finding more... an now a fort, apparently only inhabited by camels and dama gazelles. What the HFS is going on???

The only civilised beings I found were Dunedweller bandits... I'm not complaining, I got a good Sun Gold spear and sickle sword from them, but my armor is full self-made leather/bone... I'm freaking forever gonna stay Rattleshirt, or what?

EDIT: Found some live, peaceful Dunedwellers, recruited some of them.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 05:41:27 pm by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

hhhat09

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: December 10, 2011, 01:59:07 am »

In genesis, a version or two ago, i was in the desert, when i was ambushed by....nothing? It said my character heard whistling and grolws in the chat box, but i was able to [T]ravel.
Later on, i was fighting off Bogeymen, when i heard the growling, i ran around a tree and Behold, The original First Night Bride from year 1
Twas a epic fight, but i failed.  :-\

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: December 10, 2011, 05:39:39 am »

In genesis, a version or two ago, i was in the desert, when i was ambushed by....nothing? It said my character heard whistling and grolws in the chat box, but i was able to [T]ravel.
Later on, i was fighting off Bogeymen, when i heard the growling, i ran around a tree and Behold, The original First Night Bride from year 1
Sounds travel far, so it was possible that the creature did not notice you yet so you were able to travel.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: December 10, 2011, 08:28:31 pm »

My latest world seems to be corrupted in very strange ways. It's almost like a case of duplicated raws but I haven't done any modding on this specific instance of the game.

For example, instead of titans inhabiting shrines there are either forgotten beasts (all of which have been blobs with webs composed of one of the hardcoded materials) or minotaurs that bleed dwarf pus, and not just any dwarf pus but some specific dwarf's pus. It's really weird.

Maybe I shouldn't generate new worlds while another instance of the game is running.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: December 11, 2011, 03:52:41 pm »

At last, I found some inhabited dwarven settlement... only that they sent me to kill an amethyst golem, the lair of which I found empty :/

On the other hand, I found a gigantic centaur civilization. They didn't attack on sight, allowing me to prove the old saying "That which doesn't kill you has made a tactical mistake"... 124 notable kills and counting. To be fair, the majority of those are named Monitor Lizards, some dunedweller, daemon and goblin bandits, and a Frost Wyrm.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: December 11, 2011, 06:42:40 pm »

[EDIT:] Ignore this post. I thought I posted in the What's going on in your fort thread.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 07:48:06 pm by Reudh »

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: December 11, 2011, 07:32:56 pm »

I have killed a god.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That is all.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 07:37:53 pm by nogoodnames »
                        - Random human lord

Comito

• Bay Watcher
  • Barrens chat scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: December 11, 2011, 08:34:05 pm »

How did you do that?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: December 11, 2011, 09:13:09 pm »

Looks like a case of Dup raws making gods into megabeasts.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: December 11, 2011, 10:22:47 pm »

No, not duplicated raws, I've seen duplicated raws before and this is something completely different. It's more subtle and in some ways even stranger. I think the world was corrupted because I was running another instance of the game when it was generated. In any case, there were all sorts of issues with historic figures and creature lairs.

It turns out that the dwarven pus that the minotaur in my last post was bleeding out belonged to a dwarven god, and killing the minotaur killed that god. I managed to kill a goddess from the same civilization in the same way, as well as a few reincarnated humans and kobolds (whose minotaur avatars bled human pus and kobold egg yolk, respectively).

I wonder how the dwarves will react to two of their gods being killed by an adventurer...
                        - Random human lord
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 1104