Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099095 times)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1680 on: January 17, 2011, 02:49:01 pm »

My adventurer recently got annoyed with steep shop prices, so he resorted to what all adventurers resort to.... killing every citizen in the town.

I killed off two people in one house, setting the rest against me. I went into another building, which was packed with about 8 people. I immediately went into a martial trance, and within seconds, there were body parts everywhere. Ahh... gotta love martial trance.

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: January 17, 2011, 04:08:17 pm »

"Tell them it was the Nourishing Nightmares, if you live!"

It was band of elves and goblins, and the elves had metal swords. I was taken out in a single lash which broke my spine. I stayed alive and mobile, but I couldn't attack at all. My last ditch effort involved throwing a boning knife, which missed the leader.

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: January 17, 2011, 06:20:43 pm »

"Tell them it was the Nourishing Nightmares, if you live!"

It was band of elves and goblins, and the elves had metal swords. I was taken out in a single lash which broke my spine. I stayed alive and mobile, but I couldn't attack at all. My last ditch effort involved throwing a boning knife, which missed the leader.
I hate dying undignified deaths like that. ON my last adventure me, a bowman, and a swordsman were sent to kill a bandit. When we got there the swordsman got two free amputations, and spent the remainder of the battle crawling away bleeding. The bowman was doing a good job, but I doubt he/she survived the battle, and I fought the bandit we were sent after. We parried and blocked each other's attacks until I stabbed her in the foot. She then started slashing and stabbing at my legs, until I was struck down by a blow to the head.
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: January 17, 2011, 06:47:30 pm »

Fel returned to a town near the hydras lair and slept in the armor shop, the traders being nice enough to let him crash after the long battle and losing his left arm. When he awoke he bought a shield from the man with all his money and wore it over his right arm while still holding the pick. He returned to Crittercurls and reported the deed as done, and the lady was jubilant, but solemn about Fel's arm being torn clean off. As he was about to depart the Lord called him back, informing him of ANOTHER hydra that needed to die. Fel grinded his teeth and nodded in frutration, and hurried out quickly, shouting obscenities the whole way to the lair (when he wasn't getting ambushed by sasquatches and wolves! Fel and his companions ruined the hydra without any incidents, and returned to find everyone sleeping in Crittercurls, Fel entered and attempted to rest but was awoken by the lord asking his business, he reported the deed done, but nothing happened, the lord just smiled and nodded, Fel asked to rest and the lord accepted his request, but when Fel awoke an hour later he found himself outside the walls. Fel snapped, and he gripped his weapon tight, then began to sneak into Crittercurls.

Be sure to use slash attacks.

Slashing when your only weapon is a pick is hard. Bt don't worry I will make the lord pay!
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: January 17, 2011, 09:42:06 pm »

I was just attacked my Bandits. I charged into one, and we both flew off a cliff. We both survived - I broke my left arm and left ribs, and he broke, well, nearly everything. I then proceeded to kick him in the head a few times and run away.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your caravan?
« Reply #1685 on: January 18, 2011, 03:48:16 am »

just got my caravan adventure set up with self appointed rules.
Spoiler: "story and the rules" (click to show/hide)

Oh the adventurer name is Tobul Echopainted the dwarf.
and here the horrible photo of the band.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Tobul is the white one.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 04:46:56 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: January 18, 2011, 08:55:25 am »

Are you sure you posted into the right thread?
Desu

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: January 18, 2011, 10:35:35 am »

I believe he's still playing adventure mode, but he used DFusion to turn one of his companions into a wagon to create a "caravan".

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: January 18, 2011, 06:27:50 pm »

I believe he's still playing adventure mode, but he used DFusion to turn one of his companions into a wagon to create a "caravan".
pretty sure that what I did.
though I was given doubts on would that post fit with this thread or should I made a thread explaining the steps needed to do this.
"body swapping and YOU!"

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: January 18, 2011, 06:50:10 pm »

I just slew my first dragon. Yeah, not a big deal for most, but with all the night creatures and bandits and horrifying kobold ambushes I never managed to get to one, and I only started to play Adventure mode seriously after .17's changes. It was an epic fight, at least in the beginning. Discovered a lair, my adventurer and her three companions charged in with her trusty longsword and shield at the ready, she blocked the dragonfire and opened a lot of gushes on the monster. After the first companion got into range, the dragon bit his leg off, putting him out of the fight for most of its duration. The remaining two companions, one of which was already injured, were taking turns in their participation in the fight. After some time, the dragon didn't have any intact body parts, everything fractured, chipped, torn apart, opened up, cracked, or at least dented and bruised. Mostly the fractured-torn open part. After the dwindled party managed to overwhelm it, it stopped breathing fire and only attempted to resist a bit and didn't let anyone hit its head, until it finally couldn't keep it up and the adventurer drove her sword through its skull.

With the ludicrous amount of loot from the dragon's lair, the adventurer bought out all armour shops in the nearest town, as well as recruited a small army of aspiring adventurers lusting for glory. The lady of the closest castle tasked her with killing a minotaur. Shouldn't be any harder than a dragon, but we will see how this pans out.

Added: Got the hydra with only one casualty. The adventurer took out three heads, the companions smashed the rest. The hydra had weapons stuck in every body part imaginable and some not very.
Then, on the way back, a gigantic goblin army - at least as large as the party - jumped on the party and the chieftain brained the adventurer with his spear amid a huge bloody battle. The adventurer was destined to be awesome in every way, even died in an awesome way.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 07:42:48 pm by NewSheoth »
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Maynot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: January 19, 2011, 12:03:52 am »

I fought a titan that was a towering hairly lizard with a knobby shell.  Apparently joy marks its every step.  I think I killed a pokemon.
I play games of games inside games in my head.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: January 19, 2011, 10:38:05 am »

I'm building a natural obsidian fortress using DFhack. I'm getting hoardes of night creatures that I'm freezing into blocks. With DFhack.

I'm gonna get DFusion and do some stuff.

DISCLAIMER: This stuff is not intended to be fair. I'm just experimenting with various-level falls  :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: January 19, 2011, 05:09:40 pm »

I was able to get my Swordsdwarf to legendary fighter in just a day, thanks to a fox I managed to disable. This save looks promising!

Damn. Another adventurer of mine lost his lower arm while fighting a few hulking freaks. It was odd, out of the blue they managed to hit him, even though he had been blocking everything perfectly beforehand. And the one hit that gets through slices his arm off from the elbow down. Should I retire him now? I was planning to have him kill a dragon, then go down into hell via a cave entrance I found, but I might want to just let his saga end here.

EDIT: Ok, after having another received ANOTHER assignment to kill a random hill titan "far to x [direction]" I've decided to head straight for hell with a merry band of adventurers in tow.

Shadow of Doctrine, here I come...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 05:52:34 pm by Stoup »

Fluid

• Bay Watcher
  • Something has gone, Terribly wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: January 19, 2011, 08:10:03 pm »

Titans so far for me have been tiny rat-sized imps that explode when I flick their body.
Never give up when you lose your arm, that's just the coward's way out.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: January 19, 2011, 08:14:32 pm »

I'm building a natural obsidian fortress using DFhack. I'm getting hoardes of night creatures that I'm freezing into blocks. With DFhack.

I'm gonna get DFusion and do some stuff.

DISCLAIMER: This stuff is not intended to be fair. I'm just experimenting with various-level falls  :D
dude grab yo self Tweak so you can add stairs to that fortress you are building. oh one more thing... after you build all that remember where it is from local land marks and comeback to it in fort mode so you can stick a Camp site(using Dfusion Site changer on the fort your on and abandoning causes the game to change it into the site Dfusion change it to) on top of it.

In my Caravan adventurer Tobul Echopainted traveled west for the nearest shop to start off his first trade... They got attacked by Giant cave scorpions and wolfs so much that when the wagon got to the snowy desert place every one was leaving a trail of blood to the shop! sadly I forgot to give Tobul any thing from the wagon and all he had on hand was scorpion guts and limbs so Tobul had to shape some of the guts into battle axe and bought:
4 gauntlets
a shield Tobul keep.
3 barrel of booze
a crutch and a splint
short start with the trade but at least no one on this trip died.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 1104