Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099102 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1665 on: January 16, 2011, 11:49:16 am »

You know you can also avoid boogeymen by sleeping in the moutains.
*facecomputer*
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: January 16, 2011, 12:06:59 pm »

You know you can also avoid boogeymen by sleeping in the moutains.
*facecomputer*
TolyK has hit TolyK in the Head with his Computer, fracturing the skull and tearing the brain!
TolyK has been struck down.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Maynot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: January 16, 2011, 01:04:27 pm »

I finally have a Tigerman civ modded and playable as an adventurer in my game now.  I have my adventurer at legendary Shield (4500), Armor (2000), dodge (2000), wrestler (6000).  Working up Biting (1400), striking (1200), and kicking (1000) have taken a long time.

It has become fun biting kobolds dead (they deserve it) in one hit.  Ripping off feet and hands can be fun as well.  I also went and fought a coral titan by slowly chipping away at its limbs tearing it apart piece by piece.

Next up I will be fighting a Jungle titan made completely out of Native gold.
I play games of games inside games in my head.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: January 16, 2011, 04:04:10 pm »

Dodol was sent to kill a minotaur. It was wielding a wooden training sword and must have had insane combat skills as Dodol couldn't hit it not even with opportunity attacks. It broke Dodols arm and she passed out from pain. When she regained consciousness the minotaur was still furiously trying to beat a passed out companions skull in with its training sword. The minotaur over exerted itself while failing to pierce the companions copper helm, and our heroine could finally land some blows on the beast. She proceeded to chop off bits until it bled to death.
Beware anything that wields training weapons :D

Confused111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: January 16, 2011, 05:43:13 pm »

I just cut the humps off of a camel that was beating up Dr. Girlfriend.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: January 16, 2011, 05:46:51 pm »

I just cut the humps off of a camel that was beating up Dr. Girlfriend.

Did you nickname your adventurer/companion like that because she was a female whose description says she has a deep voice?

nephelos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: January 16, 2011, 08:38:48 pm »

My godlike dwarf Tholtig Gomathmomuz Mamotbuket Zodost(Tholtig Legendcrypt the Plaited Quicknesses of Rot) was slained by a bogeyman (Curse you human companions .. why did you left him in the middle of a swamp ?) .. he killed 50 enemies(33 notable and 17 other ), including a minotaur, frost wyrm, bronze colossus, desert titan(steam blob with wings :) ), dread troll and a balor(Genesis mod) . After these powerful monsters, he was killed by a SINGLE BOGEYMAN .. what a shame .
"Sir, we’re surrounded!"
"Excellent, now we can attack in any direction!"

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: January 16, 2011, 10:37:57 pm »

WTF? My hammerwoman and her two companions went into a lair we found and easily beat the night creature inside.

Then we went deeper in to check for some stuff to sell and there was another night creature in the same lair who managed to tear up the nerves in the adventure's hand.

Just when I was mildly annoyed, I kept going further in and there was a third goddamn night creature! It killed both companions and nearly killed my adventurer (it grabbed her, but she get it to let go by charging it). When has this ever happened before?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: January 17, 2011, 08:08:04 am »

it was a family.
I hate it when that happens. When you kill the one they sent you to (you can check using the q menu) then just run away unless it's almost night.

Oh, and I'm townhopping. I'm trying to get great at swimming to cross the ocean and cream some gobbo towers on the other side.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: January 17, 2011, 09:14:23 am »

it was a family.
I hate it when that happens. When you kill the one they sent you to (you can check using the q menu) then just run away unless it's almost night.

Oh, and I'm townhopping. I'm trying to get great at swimming to cross the ocean and cream some gobbo towers on the other side.

Well there was another lair right by which was empty when I eventually killed the third one and checked it, but what the hell were they doing where did the third one come from?

And, as we've said before, there aren't any non-human civilization sites in .17 or .18

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1675 on: January 17, 2011, 10:33:18 am »

it was a family.

Well there was another lair right by which was empty when I eventually killed the third one and checked it, but what the hell were they doing where did the third one come from?

And, as we've said before, there aren't any non-human civilization sites in .17 or .18
Besides the lairs, and the caves. Don't forget the kobold camps, along with the bandit camps.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: January 17, 2011, 11:02:58 am »

^I did forget the kobold camps, but lairs and caves aren't parts of civilizations.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: January 17, 2011, 11:47:38 am »

it was more of a joke. I've modded in human sites for goblins, elves, and dwarves just 'cause. although actually the towers of .12 (and before) were pretty nice... very hard without the aiming though.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: January 17, 2011, 11:59:47 am »

Fel returned to a town near the hydras lair and slept in the armor shop, the traders being nice enough to let him crash after the long battle and losing his left arm. When he awoke he bought a shield from the man with all his money and wore it over his right arm while still holding the pick. He returned to Crittercurls and reported the deed as done, and the lady was jubilant, but solemn about Fel's arm being torn clean off. As he was about to depart the Lord called him back, informing him of ANOTHER hydra that needed to die. Fel grinded his teeth and nodded in frutration, and hurried out quickly, shouting obscenities the whole way to the lair (when he wasn't getting ambushed by sasquatches and wolves! Fel and his companions ruined the hydra without any incidents, and returned to find everyone sleeping in Crittercurls, Fel entered and attempted to rest but was awoken by the lord asking his business, he reported the deed done, but nothing happened, the lord just smiled and nodded, Fel asked to rest and the lord accepted his request, but when Fel awoke an hour later he found himself outside the walls. Fel snapped, and he gripped his weapon tight, then began to sneak into Crittercurls.
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: January 17, 2011, 02:47:08 pm »

Fel returned to a town near the hydras lair and slept in the armor shop, the traders being nice enough to let him crash after the long battle and losing his left arm. When he awoke he bought a shield from the man with all his money and wore it over his right arm while still holding the pick. He returned to Crittercurls and reported the deed as done, and the lady was jubilant, but solemn about Fel's arm being torn clean off. As he was about to depart the Lord called him back, informing him of ANOTHER hydra that needed to die. Fel grinded his teeth and nodded in frutration, and hurried out quickly, shouting obscenities the whole way to the lair (when he wasn't getting ambushed by sasquatches and wolves! Fel and his companions ruined the hydra without any incidents, and returned to find everyone sleeping in Crittercurls, Fel entered and attempted to rest but was awoken by the lord asking his business, he reported the deed done, but nothing happened, the lord just smiled and nodded, Fel asked to rest and the lord accepted his request, but when Fel awoke an hour later he found himself outside the walls. Fel snapped, and he gripped his weapon tight, then began to sneak into Crittercurls.

Be sure to use slash attacks.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 1104