Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099092 times)

Ale and Axes

• Bay Watcher
  • Chug - Swipe - Cheer
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1650 on: January 13, 2011, 07:27:33 pm »

[using Genesis mod]

I had a cool characterful game going on. I'd genned the world as a Large Island, customized to have more Evil and Good squares and higher savagery. I played a Nord axewoman belonging to a civilization stuck on an arctic island way in the south. Half of the island was forests and towns, the rest was a huge Evil tundra called the Winter of Malice. The way the Nords were set up was that their towns and forts were spread out around the edges of the Evil tundra, so I had to cross if often and enter it to find quests, and I was constantly getting ambushed by Skeletal White Lions and Zombie Wolves, it was awesome. The forest areas weren't much better btw, they were bandit-infested, I was getting attacked by Nord bandit groups nearly every time I strayed away from the towns.

The character died, suffocating after a Cyclops broke her upper spine. I'll get revenge with a new character tho. 

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: January 13, 2011, 11:43:14 pm »

Fel arrived at Crittercurls and proclaimed his deed to the lady, who was most pleased by the dragons death. She told Fel of a hydra, far to the west in elven land, and Fel set off the next morning. He encountered and slaughtered two sasquatches in quick succession and a pack of wolves before finding the Hydra's lair.

Fel entered and found the Hydra far to the back of a cave, where she charged Fel, who avoided her and slashed her in one of her throats with his pick. The band of heroes rushed the Hydra and she began taking blows in every direction, but her focus stayed on Fel, as Fel stuck a pick deep in her upper body with his right hand, she bit his left hand, and tore it off, spilling blood and gore everywhere, Fel lost both his weapons with and proceeded to GRAB HIS SEVERED ARM and beat the Hydra to death, eventually killing the wretched beast from blood loss.

Fel has become one handed, but lives to see the barb yet again.
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: January 14, 2011, 08:25:53 am »

i have killed a shitload of night creatures lately.
then,i thought i could try to kill some evilier stuff.

as i walked into the dragons cave,the dragon made me some suprise-buttseax,as he jumped out from a corner.ripped my face off.

but i still killed him,and ate his liver  :D.
I am a Goober.

vipre01

• Bay Watcher
  • asdf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: January 14, 2011, 10:24:28 am »

There are some things, no matter how awesome they are, that you should not be able to do (as a Dwarf) in Adventurer mode. One of them is biting off a guy's upper leg.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: January 14, 2011, 11:15:29 pm »

Doing research on equipment_wagons and the flag 74 on Dfusion also known as the 'Wagon' flag.
so far from what I learn, adventurer's who want to do a caravan/ trading RP might need to take some random creature(groundhog will do) and turn them into a ghost then turn them into a wagon then "?make creature follow?" this will if done correctly make the creature spawn into the never moving 3x3 tile wagon which will forever follow you when you travel thus making it look like a caravan travel.
now the practicality of doing so for holding luggage might take a few steps like having the animal/human(if you say the guy is in the wagon) hold a bag before turning into a ghost and if you want to store anything turn off wagon mode and body swap to the creature then pick up any of the stuff you want to store swap back and presto.
haven't tested this out in adventure mode... only in arena.
in adventure mode news I got a adventurer caught into a cage trap built in a cave and learn that the creature while if the body moves will still be stuck on the tile it was trapped.
which means if someone wanted to make a zombie trap for a invading party using caged victims they must find the tile they where trapped on and change that and not where the cage is. though this might lead to a over lap of creatures on the same tile if

In discovering custom homes for adventurer news caves site flag in dfusion can handle digging and buildings and won't wipe clean everything you done in the area though they don't seem to have the ability to retire.
hopefully I can get back on that wagon thing so I can play as a wondering merchant(Secret mercenary) group.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: January 15, 2011, 12:02:27 am »

I was traveling with some companions from a successful attack on a marked troll.

I hear a rustle in the bushes followed by a "Grrroppe"-like sound.
All of a sudden we were surrounded by Kobolds.

There were about 20 of them that I could see.  And only five of us.  We were tired and injured from the fight with the troll.

Then I hear the bushes rustle again, what new horror comes to torment us?

And a camel walks into site. "What." I say out loud.

The kobolds stand stunned at the arrival of the camel.  Suddenly, more camels come into view.

We all stand there silently looking back and forth.  The kobolds look straight at me and my companions and they charges us.

While the camels charge the kobolds.  The camels run about tearing the kobolds limb from limb while the first camel watches in silence. The battle rages on.  My companions and me could only look on in utter amazement at the fighting force that was the camels. We were now afraid for our lives as we watched a camel rip a kobold's arm off.

The kobolds were lying on the ground.  They were all alive, but only barely.  The first camel finally takes a step forward.  He walks up to a kobold and stands there looking at the unconscious form.  The kobold opens his eyes and sees the camel.  The camel then smashed the kobold's head with his foot.  The camels then left the scene.  My companions and I started to put the kobolds out of their misery.  Not a drop of camel blood was found anywhere.  I looked at the camels in the distance.  They were following that first camel.  The only one to actually kill anything that day.  I decided to call him, Dankdream.  Out of all the camels that have walked in this world, he is the only worth remembering.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: January 15, 2011, 01:40:43 am »

Nothing interesting, really. I just found my way into a camp full of lizardmen. About 20 lizardmen, that is. With half of them being archers. I managed to kill their leader and melee fighters, but was continually sniped at by bodkin arrows. I pulled one out of my upper body and somehow decapited a lizardman by stabbing him with it. Then, after being crippled by a shot to the leg, I found my way into a nearby river.

I pray there aren't any carp.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: January 15, 2011, 08:30:34 am »

Dodol came back from retirement after my latest fort finally made an artifact adamantine axe. After noticing my 5 companions are still with me i find out that the human lasher is now decked out in astounding amounts of bone crafting jewelry, including a night creature bone earring.  :D

update:
After a trek through the mountains to get closer to the fort we made camp in a human hamlet. After waking up in a local house the heroine found that some more companions from days of old have somehow located her and are eager to venture forth.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 10:19:42 am by shlorf »

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: January 15, 2011, 07:47:39 pm »

Me and my 7 strong group of adventurers went on a quest to kill an infamous night creature.
I expected this to be easy, but it was anything but when we got there.
Many bones were broken, much blood was spilt, and in the end, almost the entire room was covered in blood.
All but one of us made it out alive. The night creature managed to gore our fisherwoman in the head before we took her down.
We gave her a fitting burial by putting her corpse in a lake. It seemed fitting since she was a fisherwoman.

Update
Just went on a second life endangering quest. Me and my 6 companions left to kill the Bleak Hag.
We get inside, and I start searching the place. Before I even find the Hag, she ambushes my lasher, and gores him in the head. I'm the first to get there, and she proceeds to kick me and bend my joints in directions they weren't meant to bend in.
Before I escaped her grasp she kicked me in the chest and bruised a lung.
All my companions began to attack her, but all I saw in the log were accounts of her hitting my companions as I crawled out of the cave. When I escaped, I suffocated next to a river.
I may never know what happened to everyone else inside of that Armok forsaken cave.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 08:06:10 pm by Horizon9 »
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: January 16, 2011, 06:21:48 am »

I may never know what happened to everyone else inside of that Armok forsaken cave.
This has me curious. Does the game keep recording (for lack of a better word) after your death, thus making this theoretically viewable in Legends?
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

penco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: January 16, 2011, 07:00:50 am »

Well, I finally cleared the goblins from my old fort so I can reclaim it, and then my legendary hero promptly leaped into a river because he didn't want to walk across the entire worldmap back to human civilization running from bogeys. The bogeys jumped in too and punched his lungs in because DF is programmed to prevent dignified deaths.

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: January 16, 2011, 07:04:36 am »

Somehow my one-armed spearman is killing everything.
Lost his arm on his second mission, ruddy polar bear tore it off. And then wolves chewed on me. Then I THREW my spear through a wolf head. As a low thrower, I am astounded...

My other guy, a fat, long-nosed, long haired swordsman is ridicoulously successful.
Had to sit stabbing a ettin for five minutes or so before it bled to death.
Walked away, got attacked by a goblin. A freaking one-humped camel kicked him until he started vomiting all over the place, then calmly walked away. The guy carried on vomiting everywhere until a guy scratched him in the head and split his brains open. I was astounded too. Who knew goblins had brains?
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: January 16, 2011, 10:09:14 am »

After killing night creatures for what felt like an eternity i got finally tasked with killing a giant.  :D

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: January 16, 2011, 11:19:51 am »

I just got super angry with a Queen (I mean, very f- pissed. Seriously.), and tackled her to the ground, and punched her in the head three times. I then had to fight off her guards (about 5), which i did successfully, before she gave in to the pain. I picked up a soldiers sword, and gutted her. Unfortunately, when i tried to flee, i was swamped by soldiers, and was killed.

The bitch deserved it though.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: January 16, 2011, 11:23:42 am »

This has me curious. Does the game keep recording (for lack of a better word) after your death, thus making this theoretically viewable in Legends?

Yes they will be, though not very detailed.

Well, I finally cleared the goblins from my old fort so I can reclaim it, and then my legendary hero promptly leaped into a river because he didn't want to walk across the entire worldmap back to human civilization running from bogeys. The bogeys jumped in too and punched his lungs in because DF is programmed to prevent dignified deaths.

You also could have avoided bogeymen by sleeping in the mountains.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 01:51:00 pm by Knigel »
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 1104