Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099098 times)

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1635 on: January 10, 2011, 11:01:12 am »

I was sparring with a friendly bandit to train when this happened:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's night and I no longer have my bandit buddy, hopefully the boogeymen won't get me  :-[
Is sparring a euphemism?  I don't think friendly combat has been put in for adventurers yet...  Also, What the hell are you playing as?  Anything strong enough to outright throw a human hard enough to gib them has nothing to fear from bogeymen.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: January 10, 2011, 12:27:19 pm »

I was sparring with a friendly bandit to train when this happened:

It's night and I no longer have my bandit buddy, hopefully the boogeymen won't get me  :-[
Is sparring a euphemism?  I don't think friendly combat has been put in for adventurers yet...  Also, What the hell are you playing as?  Anything strong enough to outright throw a human hard enough to gib them has nothing to fear from bogeymen.

Yes, I remember the entire civ turns on you the second you try to touch them, though apparently projectiles aimed at tile they don't inhabit are exclude.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: January 10, 2011, 12:42:20 pm »

you can't hit a friendly with anything  ;D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: January 10, 2011, 01:44:54 pm »

Dodok is travelling through the rosy hills looking for the lair of one this worlds last dragons. Being ambushed by goblins every two steps is taking its toll on his companions. Luckily he didn't recruit them indiscriminately so one particularly muscular human lasher now has 9 kills to his name and earned a title. Nevertheless the starting party of 7 has been decimated down to 5 and whether they will make it to the lair still remains uncertain. While travelling the party discovered the source of the goblin infestation in the form of a dark fortress (if only they could waltz in there and rid that civilization from the map once and for all).

Avarage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: January 10, 2011, 03:11:38 pm »

After killing a Savanna Titan made of fire, and watching several companions melt into puddles, my swordthrower is currently on his way to a dragon's lair. Apparently the dragon has killed the lady's brother and cousin. I'm packing a rather unusual weapon, though. Fire leftover from the titan I had killed previously. I was looking around the temple after killing the thing, and saw 2 units of "________'s flame", and was like "Can I throw fireballs?" The answer is yes, but I caught on fire when I picked them up. I survived being a human torch, and I'm eager to see if the dragon will catch on fire and melt if I nail it with fireballs.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: January 10, 2011, 03:12:44 pm »

try becoming fireproof by melting away your fat  ;D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Avarage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: January 10, 2011, 03:18:54 pm »

I actually did melt away all of my fat. I'm pretty sure I'll still catch on fire if I try to pick the flames up again, but I don't expect throwing them straight from my backpack will ignite me.

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: January 10, 2011, 04:02:37 pm »

Craighole Whisperedlashes was a peasant who, over time, developed to become a skilled swordsman. Bandits and terrible creatures of the night fell before his blade, and the nobody became a great hero throughout his lands. However, for all of his fame, he had some trouble keeping sidekicks.

The first, a pikeman, suffered early injuries to both feet that never healed, resulting in her crawling everywhere she went. Still she held her own, and was a trusted companion up until an arrow ripped her throat to twain. The next was a formidable axeman. Not once while she adventured did she receive a lasting injury, taking only bruises and superficial cuts while hacking her foes to bits. Craighole considered her his mightiest ally. Then one day, while approaching a bandit camp, she instead decided her skills would be better tested on a nearby herd of camels. The two went their way, and when the bloodshed was over Craig could not find his companion, who had run screaming after the pack animals. Her fate remains unknown. His final cohort was a swordsman of average skill. He did not keep up as well as his predecessors, but he had heart, and the few kills he did make only went to demonstrate his tenacity. The day he bit a goblin to death despite having a perfectly good shortsword is a good example. But then, when it came time to do battle with a troll of some fame, the camels returned. Craighole was left to do battle alone while his comrade charged after the nearest humped creature. He fell some time before the troll, his cuts and spine kicked in mercilessly by cloven feet.

Without his partner Craighole did not survive the journey back to civilization. Strange creatures came at him in the night. He managed to fell only one before they converged on him in greater numbers than he could handle. He went down fighting, but he went down nonetheless.

Seriously, fucking camels?
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

jimi12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: January 10, 2011, 06:57:23 pm »

My last adventurer had slayed hydras, dragons, and about a dozen other semi-megabeasts and night creatures. He had a company of about 20 soldiers with him and had high dodge, axe, striker, shield, and armor user stats. As I got out of fast travel to a site to kill a giant in a tundra, an elk kicked him in the head, snapping his spine and making him a quadriplegic shortly before dealing the final death blow.

Elk are hardcore.

Maynot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: January 10, 2011, 08:04:20 pm »

I finally found my first eerie structure underground and looted the masterwork adamantine short sword.  The demons don't seem to be all that tough when you are Legendary fighter, shield user, dodger, ambusher.

Is there anything fun to do down in hell other than slay tons of demons? (adventure mode)
I play games of games inside games in my head.

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: January 10, 2011, 09:36:03 pm »

Killed by some demon-king thing...

death by bleeding out from lack of feet

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: January 10, 2011, 11:06:52 pm »

Fel got sent to kill a dragon named " Ves Taxedsparks, the Glow of Flame" north of the fort Crittercurls, when he entered the lair he found the foul beast far to the north of the lair, in the first couple attacks he slashed the beasts heart and throat with his picks, and soon was tearing into it like butter. His team mates did work as well as they left covered in dragon blood, carrying lots of loot from the dragons cave.
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

vettkinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: January 11, 2011, 11:04:08 am »

It was a dwarf:

Luckily, I was able to escape the camp without being attacked by boogeymen. I forgot to edit the raws so I'll have to create a new world. I forgot to add metal-clad elven/dwarven bandits and elven/dwarven fortresses / cities.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: January 11, 2011, 01:00:53 pm »

Almost died to a dark freak who decided to wrestle me and broke my left hip. I passed out from pain. When i woke up half of my 8 companions who i had just properly equipped with dfusion were dead, and the rest were unconscious but one hammerman whom the freak was beating with a leather robe he had probably taken from someone while i was passed out. Luckyly he didn't wrestle me again so i could cleave him in two.

For breaking free from wrestling i need higher wrestling and strength or only strength?

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: January 11, 2011, 11:34:34 pm »

I realized trying to use a silver maul with a hero with average strength was a very stupid idea, so I had her train fighting some horses. Unfortunately, because attacking wildlife requires the same approval as attacking friendly civ members I accidentally had her attack my own lasher, setting the whole civilization against her.

The only other human civizilation on the map was something like 2/3 of the length and width of the (admittedly small) world away, and she had no companions. Luckily, even that distance was nothing compared to my last adventure (travel damn near an entire large world from north to south) and there were plenty of mountains along the way (bogeymen won't spawn on a mountain, though they they will follow you there).

So after a very long trip, a close run in with bogeymen where she hid then stayed still until daybreak and three dodged ambushes (from kobolds, goblins, and humans) she finally made it to the fortress of the other civilization, and a new start.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 1104